Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259528 times)

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #1125 on: September 13, 2013, 06:07:24 am »

Go easy on yourself, Shadeninght. Locked wrists oftentimes signal back problems and back problems, from experience, can put you in wheelchairs. I would recommend not doing anything with your left wrist for at least a week and seeing a professional masseur.

Hell, even if you drop the game I would be happy! It has been glorious so far and it is not hard to imagine it ending right now with some sort "and the adventure continues" scene, where everybody loads into zeppelins and flies forth to fight good!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 06:47:05 am by Knit tie »

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: September 13, 2013, 12:23:35 pm »

Mention the flashback to Knighthowl. Make sure he knows the difference between DIE and DIE.

Hope you get better soon!

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: September 13, 2013, 12:28:25 pm »

Yes, you are precious and must not be risked.  Seek treatment, because you deserve to be returned to full working condition.  Your mind is amazing, and deserves a body that functions well with comfort!
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: September 13, 2013, 12:42:52 pm »

Mention the flashback to Knighthowl. Make sure he knows the difference between DIE and DIE.

Hope you get better soon!

+1 for both.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: September 15, 2013, 09:01:04 pm »

Just heard about what's happening to my main man shade {an info about back problems, making note of that} hope you feel better.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1130 on: September 19, 2013, 05:53:54 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Team Chosen:
Mission One: Psysquid+Snowstar, 2 Succubi, Hunter, Elephant Wraith, aliwhale (for ranged support, because we fight an airborne hero), Gorloceros (King of the Jungle!), 2 Wuffle-Cogs, 4 Guardogs. The Barred are animals, can't be sent on control. 9 land units + 2 Air units at moment.
Mission Three: (Gamington+Cog-Chihuahua), Bearphant, Woar, 5 Cogs, 2 beastmen (5 cogs removed, they were too many)

Current Overlord Army at Present Moment

Confirm Teams for Mission?

“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: September 19, 2013, 05:56:13 am »

YAY!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: September 19, 2013, 06:17:26 am »

Negative.

Assign Aliwhale and Gorloceros to Mission three. They're much more usefull than the 2 cogs they will be replacing.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: September 19, 2013, 06:27:01 am »

Ever so interested  8)

Top off the remaining space on Mission one with (a?) regular cog(s?), however many will fit... that's still a max of 10 units, right?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: September 19, 2013, 08:45:16 am »

One more guardog to mission 1.

The monsters replace cogs in mission 3.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: September 19, 2013, 09:19:37 am »

Yay, shadenight is back  :D

Mission 1: Psysquid, Snowstar, 2 succubi, Hunter, Wraith, 2 wuffle cogs, 6 guardogs, 1 beastman, 1 snailman
Mission 3: Gamington, Coghuahua, Woar, aliwhale, Gorloceros, 7 cogs, 1 beastman, 1 snailman

Is the maximum 16 anyways ? If not then decrease the guardog/cog number.

Yes, I am also trying to figure out the bonuses for snailmen and beastmen.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 09:23:39 am by Naryar »

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: September 19, 2013, 10:23:18 am »

Team Chosen:
Mission One: Psysquid+Snowstar, 2 Succubi, Hunter, Elephant Wraith, aliwhale (for ranged support, because we fight an airborne hero), Gorloceros (King of the Jungle!), 2 Wuffle-Cogs, 4 Guardogs. The Barred are animals, can't be sent on control. 9 land units + 2 Air units at moment.
Mission Three: (Gamington+Cog-Chihuahua), Bearphant, Woar, 5 Cogs, 2 beastmen (5 cogs removed, they were too many)

Current Overlord Army at Present Moment

Confirm Teams for Mission?

Hoorah!

But still are you SURE you'll be al right man i don't want your wrist permanently f-ed over this i mean we CAN always wait.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1137 on: September 19, 2013, 11:34:06 am »

Mission One

DELIVERING CARNAGE

"We're delivering carnage," Psysquid deadpans, his eyes looking upwards to the bright bold red title of the mission-launch. "You got that?"
"I did," Snowstar remarks, "Are we sure this is a good idea? I mean, we're going to be flying...I'm pretty sure flying isn't nice if you don't have wings."
"Don't worry, worse to worse just try to spin around as fast as possible...or grab a Wuffle-cog."
"WUFFCOG!" the wuffle-cogs exclaim.
"See? They're happy to serve as emergency backpacks."

The sky is a bright blue, clear of clouds or anything that might trouble visibility. Leisurely floating above Super-City the 'URGENT DELIVERY' delivery society's floating barge fires packages directly through the windows of the people waiting anxiously for their URGENT DELIVERIES to be delivered.
Nothing beats receiving your overpriced ceramic vase like having it thrown at you through a cannon and landing directly on your lap!
-The URGENT DELIVERY society declines any accident of spontaneous combustion of packages with the cannon-explosives, nor does it actually holds responsibility in case of the package's contents being broken, misplaced or otherwise highly charred. In case of death, the fault lies in the individual who could not dodge quickly enough the URGENT DELIVERY box-

The Zeppelin's audio soon starts playing the Charge of the Valkyries, as Psysquid dons a world war one leather cap before heading to the Zeppelin's firing systems.
The cogs around start making 'VROOOM' sounds, as the wuffle cogs roar with their steam engines before the doors of the zeppelin open and...
AND IT'S TIME TO BATTLE CONTROL SUCCESS!

Psysquid opens fire, releasing bolts tied to wires that soon go in tension, allowing the zeppelin to hook itself up to the floating barge. There is a moment of silence as the platform of the zeppelin connects with that of the barge, and then...then it's time to charge through.
There are no guards present, which actually makes the beastman look around curiously. The barge looks like an open-air warehouse, stacked with boxes of all types that are quickly moved through mechanized arms into the cannons, and then thrown once the correct coordinates are inputted.
For a fleeting instant, Psysquid is actually starting to perk up. "Maybe my sixth sense was wron..."
Then a pile of boxes explodes outwards, as a hero appears holding twin cannons on his back...and floating in the air.

"I am the majestic CANNONBALL!" the stocky flying man bellows. Displaying thick muscles and a trimmed blond mustache, he wears a white and red mask-cap that covers all of his face except his mouth. His eyes are behind thick dark goggles, and his costume is white and red, with the giant red C on its chest.
"URGENT DELIVERY" is written in bold letters on his mantle, that flaps right next to him.
"Evil-doers! Today marks the end of your evil-doers actions!"
"You're not the first who said that," Psysquid deadpans, "You won't be the last."

Psysquid blinks as he slowly stares back at the Wraith and the Hunter. "Really?"
The wraith is stomping on the lower side of the hero, while the Hunter has cleanly sliced him in half and is enjoying hearing the man scream.
"Really?" he asks again, since the two appear to not have heard him.
"I enjoy my prey still kicking," the Hunter remarks.
"I enjoy breaking their knees," the Elephantine Wraith states plainly.
"Tow the barge back guys," Psysquid mutters as he watches Snowstar go to the border of the barge to retch. "Tow the barge back..."
Resource Acquired: Towing Barge. Secret Cargo.

Mission 3

STYLISH CARNAGE

Lord Gamington watches passionately the models moving with grace across the avenue, all dressed in strange clothing that make them resemble christmas trees, large puffy balls or otherwise strange creatures.
They actually look bizarre, when compared to his modest Gear-Like armor.
"Remember to dance with grace!" he whispers to his men.
"I Dance With Grace. Computed," Coghuahua remarks. "Dancing program required."
Then Woar simply ignores everything else and roars, charging ahead.
"BAD DOG! BAD DOGGIE!" Gamington yells behind him, as suddenly the chic outlet in a corner of the alps -highly prized location- is overrun by the beasts.
"Stop! No eating that girl! She's underweight, not a skeleton toothpick!" Gorloceros whines, before snapping the girl in half and eating her all the same.
"No! NO! I said dance! Not smash!"
The beastman smashes down on another overly effeminated stylist.
"Are you doing this on purpose?" Gamington snaps.
"Input dancing," Coghuahua states plainly.

Lord Gamington sighs, and then begins to dance to the rhythm of the song going on through the loudspeakers of the fashion-outlet.
"Don't stop me noowwww!"
The Aliwhale snaps at a man, taking away its limbs.
"We're having such a good timeeeee..."
There's incoherent screaming in a dark alley, which soon dies as the Gorloceros emerges with its teeth bloodied.
"I'm having a baalll..."
The guardogs grip on a few selected stylish outfits, before claiming what little else they can as the fashion buildings soon starts to burn afterwards.

"I can dance now," Coghuahua states with clarity, staring at Lord Gamington. The two of them are just standing there, with the background of the burning commercial village.
"Show me!"
And with that, the two start to dance.

Resource acquired: Stylish Clothes

Weather the Storm

"Gentle with it!" Psysquid snaps, as a guardog and cog mixed group starts to disembark the cargo of the floating barge. "There's delicate stuff in there! I'm sure!"
There's a moment of quiet cogging silence...which lasts until a cog exclaims 'COG!' and another 'WUFFLECOG!'
A large crate is dropped on the ground, and you're just strolling by it when you realize what the confusion is about.
The crate contains a large circular cylinder, with a 'danger' sign next to it. You frown as you step closer to it. Within it, there appears to be a liquid of some sort from the indications on the label.
"Where was this directed to?" you ask carefully.
"Heroes Association branch of Super City," Psysquid remarks, reading the label. "A gift from 'Rilev Drolove'."
"What do you think it is?" you ask.
"Uhm...Don't know," he frowns. "There's a BW next to the shipping label. Maybe your evilness should ask that mass of slinking jelly with ador...ehm, horrible eyes?"
You nod.

Chemista stares at you, and then at the cylinder.
Then she looks back at you.
"ARE YOU AN IMBECILE!? DID YOU EAT DEMENTIA!? WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!?"
"Uh?"
"Th-That!"
she surfs forward before gripping the canister and then quickly pushing it inside one of her fridges -which she then closes and safe-locks.
"How did you get your hands on that!?"
"Chemista, what are you talking about?"
"The sign 'Biological Weapon' on the side meant nothing to you!? Where did you find it?"
"It was on the barge for urgent deliveries," Psysquid strolls in, "Which I captured with surprising ease," he puffs his chest out.
Chemista snorts. "Bring your pathetic attempt of glory-hounding out of here. The only things that will ever be proud of you will be the daisies you'll grow from your rotting corpse."
Psysquid shudders pleasantly for a moment, before excusing himself.
You aptly decide to say nothing for the moment.

"So it's a biological weapon?" Chemista nods at your question. "What was it doing there?"
"Either the Heroes association wants to escalate the war," she retorts, "Or someone wanted the thing to go boom. Considering how URGENT Deliveries makes its deliveries..."
"You're saying...someone else is trying to take them out? We should totally ally then!"
"You don't understand!" Chemista remarks. "There can only be ONE Overlord. This isn't about taking out the heroes association...if there IS another Overlord...then what is going on?"
"Hey now, I'm the ONE AND ONLY Overlord, we went over this."
"Yes, but...then who is the impostor?"
"Maybe a glory-hound," you snort, "not that difficult I suppose...really, someone called 'Rilev' can't be an Overlord like me, I'm Incognito [Ink]!"

Lord Gamington returns wearing a Tuxedo and a large bowler hat over his smaller hat-shield. Coghuahua comes down wearing one of those ice-ballerina tight white dresses, which further emphasize her olive skin and muscled complexion...as well as her curves. You're actually wondering if you should institute a 'proper' dresscode. Cerulean is highly suggestible to certain things after all.
You dread the day of 'The Talk'.
Which you hope will never come to pass for as long as you live.

Then, it's time for the news.

"SUPER-CITY under assault! The Designer's Fashion Outlet destroyed by rampaging monsters and mechanical monstrosities!"
You change the channel.
"URGENT DELIVERY has suffered the loss of its floating barge and of its hero, Cannoball! He will be dearly missed...even though he never missed a delivery."
There is a burst of static, and then a message appears from your Snail-crew.
"The Evil Overlord Incognito is proud to present...a 'Cog Moment Studios' short film entitled 'The Cog and the Daisy'."
The screen turns to black.
A light shines on a single daisy standing in the middle of a grassy plain. A cog slowly walks on the scene.
"Cog." It states, before putting a mechanized arm over his face.
"Cog!" it bellows, gazing up at the light. "Cog, Cog!" it cries, holding his hands to his chest as he steps further close to the daisy.
"Cog...Cog Cog!" it declares angrily, stomping his right foot forward.
The foot slams down on the flower, destroying it.
The cog stills, as a loud beep resounds.
The next moment, a landmine detonates beneath the daisy, tearing the cog to pieces.
The film ends
"This has been brought to you by DAISYMINES, Daily Mines for your needs...with flowery companions to make the most beautiful -and deadly- gardens! Bring your grandchildren to a FIERY PARK OF DOOM. For only Two-Hundred Ninety-Nine dollars and ninety nine cents, you can bring home a floreal bouquet that will leave your girlfriend up to the seventh heaven and beyond!"
Then the news flash one last time.
"The Evil Overlord System is proud to sustain the Mine Foundation for abused Mines. Too many Minesweepers believe it is right to unearth the mines, and to detonate them in the safety of concrete domes...that has to stop. Half the proceedings of DAISYMINES will go to the Mine Foundation to prevent this, by placing mine-exploding short range sensors on the mines and prevent tinkering...for a Mining future, made with a bang."

"And we are now back with the regular newscasting," the Super-City newscaster says. "There's a slight problem...we have urgent news! Hero-city has been attacked by a group of masked minions, known as the Cheerful Masks! Wait...it's not..." there is static, and when the static ends, a low growling voice echoes through the television, coming from a woman wearing a body-suit that resembles for half a twirling mechanism and for the other half a charred husk of a body.
You hope it's a body-suit.
"Hello...is this thing on?" she says then cheerfully. "HELLO EVERYONE!" she smiles beatifically, showing half steel teeth and half burnt mouth. "I AM THE EVIL OVERLORD! MY NAME'S CHEERFUL CHEERIE! How're you all doing!?"
You clench your fists. How dares she?
"Now, now...I know you're asking...why is she transmitting in public? Well, it's because I heard a really stupid news," she shakes her head. "Someone is trying to steal my glory! I can't let that come to pass, no-no-NO!"
she slams her metallic clawed hand-side on her rock table, grounding it to paste. "I'm the EVIL OVERLORD. It's me! ME! I don't know who you fakers are, but I will find you and kill you! EVIL IS MY WAY, NOT YOURS!" she shrieks then, before starting to sob. "I'm just trying to make an evil and dishonest living here..."
Then, her eyes shine darkly -one of the two being a bright red light- as she snickers.
"I'm going to show the world the true meaning of Cheerfulness! You're all going to laugh...until you die."

Then the newscast returns to Super-city's normal transmission.

You are now in Downkeep. What do you do?

Book Two. Chapter One.
The Day The World Cheered
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: September 19, 2013, 12:08:07 pm »

+1 for Boatmurdered reference. also, mission 1 was badass.

I am not exactly sure of what to do with that rival overlord. Proper Control overlord behavior would be obviously to make her into a willing puppet of our glorious self, but I'm pretty sure it won't work, so just kill her without any fuss and subjugate her minions and resources.

But yet... maybe she would make a good decoy, especially considering her flamboyant behavior.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: September 19, 2013, 12:43:05 pm »

Attempt to do subtle manipulation, I suppose.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 213