Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 213

Author Topic: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game  (Read 259613 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord - A suggestion Game
« Reply #2760 on: December 03, 2013, 07:27:54 am »

“I am...radioactive,” she replies softly.

I dunno if it's -her- that's radioactive, or if it's the area.  But something is radioactive where she is.  And she'd burned and melty crisp and she meets my horror-sense for radiation-victim eww.  Radiation exposure can make you radioactive, least that's how it works in some fantasy stuff and this is a type of fantasy stuff.  *Imp is in full defensive 'that's horrible, get it away from me!' mode*

Also.  She's talking a bit like the fake Psysquids did.  Maybe Cheerie went through the volcano-temple, or maybe Cheerie found another temple.  The doors into the world between the worlds is always there, y'know?  This burned Cheerie could be a Conflagration Cheerie, no?

Or maybe she's a faked mockup of Cheerie.  Or maybe the 'Evil Overlord' Cheerie was the fake mockup and this is the real one.  There's so many unknowns and so much that makes me go all freaky so.  Eww is all I have to say.

For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: December 03, 2013, 07:34:19 am »

Go closer. Come to her while comforting her through the 'thing's speaker.

My grandma went through Chernobyl and survived, and this is not even close. Besides, are we an evil overlord or Fleety McPissypants, Hero of cowards?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: December 03, 2013, 07:36:15 am »

1) Unless the area or herself has a very high dosage of radiation, we won't sustain any troubles.

Radiation chart

My grandma went through Chernobyl and survived, and this is not even close. Besides, are we an evil overlord or Fleety McPissypants, Hero of cowards?[/b]
Interesting. (On a side note, depending on your location Chernobyl wasn't that radioactive).

On a side note, do remember that radiation is very bad for radio equipment. It's quite likely that the camera thing fails if it gets a good dose.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: December 03, 2013, 07:40:14 am »

Get away.  Cut and run.  tell those in our lair, get to the ship, sail away.  We fly away towards them.  Even if this part of the world is lost, there's a much larger world out there.

I'm only half joking.  This is only half my own personal fears of radiation and inescapable slow death speaking.  But wouldn't it be nice to pack up what we can (and if possible, come back for the too-big stuff like Mr. Volcano) and just.... get away and go where the story doesn't include Happy Rads(TM) that Make Everyone Glow and Rot?

If this was Silver Age I would have said "hey, radiation gives people superpowers" but since we seem to be in the grimdark nineties...

Call back Camerathing, hook a speaker to it and conduct negotiations at a distance ?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: December 03, 2013, 07:45:13 am »

You wouldn't think of it, but technically this is a steampunk universe.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: December 03, 2013, 07:46:48 am »

Get iodine tablets and go

The game will be less fun if things are really blowed up. That's why we didn't choose destruction.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: December 03, 2013, 07:49:47 am »

You wouldn't think of it, but technically this is a steampunk universe.

Grimdark steampunk nineties.

But yes... why do we have steam engines and nuclear bombs ? Oh, that's right, we don't have uranium mines. But we don't have coal ones either !

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: December 03, 2013, 07:50:34 am »

Iodine tablets don't protect  against radiation you know. They only thing that is prevented is the absorption of natural, irradiated Iodine. Considering we live on an oceanborne platform, we probably already absorb  lots of Iodine from the air there, making it quite pointless.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: December 03, 2013, 07:57:48 am »

((Pssst, the GM may not know about that!))

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2769 on: December 03, 2013, 08:12:17 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: December 03, 2013, 08:14:57 am »

We can't leave her, we just can't! This is another being who went through the exact same hell as us, someone who just didn't have the luck to get out of it on their feet like we did. If we turn our back on her... we may as well give up all vestiges of 'decency'.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: December 03, 2013, 08:27:13 am »

((Pssst, the GM may not know about that!))

You really are underestimating him...

BTW. Someone asked for a moral-serious dilemma to deal with.
You just need to ask *Chesire-cat grin on*

Serious moral dilemnas do NOT exist !
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 08:53:25 am by Naryar »

Cattani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: December 03, 2013, 08:28:45 am »

Seriously, guys. I'm the "magmalol" player and you're the ones to make smart choices.

Camerathing's audio transmission was jammed with noise. That means the receiver circuit in the bombs detonator also has a very low SNR (Signal-Noise ratio, the thing that measures how trustworthy the received signal is), so the bombs in the cogs could go off at any moment!
Just wanted to make sure you know that EVEN IF SHE DID NOT PLANT A NUKE HERE (unlikely) THERE IS STILL VERY SERIOUS THREAT OF EXPLOSION. Plus I don't think we filled the cogs with FEW EXPLOSIVES.

Please stop making me post sanity. I'm trying to take different approaches here to keep this from being a boring civilized discussion.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: December 03, 2013, 08:41:46 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Still a better dilemma than a choice between a flying battleship and a magic wand.

Anyway, it appears that I, Gamerlord and Tomcost are in favour of going, Imp is against it and Naryar, Cattani and Ebbor are undecided.

I think the choice "to go" outweighs the other one.

EDIT: I do not think we have any explosives in the cogs or camerathing, Ebbor.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 08:43:52 am by Knit tie »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: December 03, 2013, 08:44:27 am »

Put me on the against slot too. Or well, if we go, grab the cog suit. It's the best equivalent to a hazmat we have.

On a side note, if she happens to die and the world is destroyed in nuclear flame, make sure to take a sample before fleeing.
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 213