Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 25

Author Topic: [IC] Fallout: Arsenal City  (Read 29052 times)

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Fallout: Arsenal City
« Reply #135 on: September 06, 2013, 01:01:10 am »

Clair look at the bodies. She seem strangely calm as she open a side room and closes it behind her.

Ah, there the screaming and the banging.

After a minute, she come back out, calm again. Too calm. "So, what happened here?" her voice held a chilly edge.

"It looks like Dram and Florent were right," Daniels mutters, edging closer to the bodies.

Sam leans against the wall watching quietly and scanning the room for anything important.

[11-3=8] A cursory glance reveals nothing beyond the obvious clues. Blood writing on the wall, bodies, foreign casings littering the floor. This wasn't a battle, it was a slaughter.

Listen to me. The dead are dead. I know you that you're trying to respect them, but we need to survive. Whoever killed them had strong weaponry. We don't have any weapons at all, nor food, nor ammo. Those bodies may still have something. When we are done, we may bury them, if you wish.
Continue searching bodies,then bury them.
Fine. We'll do it your way..

Help fniff.

Now let's look at that blood... Whose could it be?

Grab samples of blood from wall and go to lab to see who they belong to.

"Just... do what you will, I need to see if anyone else is still alive," Daniels says as he puts his pistol away and enters the vault.

You scrape off some blood from the wall and enter the vault, heading towards the labs. Inside you find...

"Dear God... Who could have done something like this?

Michael stared at the corpses. He knew some of them. Something hurt inside his chest. He looked at Simegathree and frowned deeply. He walked over and grabbed his arm lightly, stopping him from searching the bodies. Michael felt disgust recoil inside him at the sight of the scientist searching through the bodies of the vault dwellers they lived aside like it was nothing at all.

"We can't bury them in a vault. We can find the supplies deeper inside the vault, it's disrespectful otherwise. Let's just... cover them up or something."
Cover the bodies with sheets, and close their eyes. Try to find Janice.

You'll have to go get some sheets within the vault, for there's not much in the room that you can make use of.

Concerned for Janice, you enter the vault to find...

((Sorry for some reason I thought it was the outside door that was open))

What happened here, this is senseless, did the overseer decide to kill the dissidents? But if so, why spare us?

Rachelle was stunned, the only reason she did not fall over was that she was leaning against a wall.

This is too much, all this senseless death, the vault was supposed to protect us from thing like this.

Rachelle started to retch, only to find that her stomach was empty.

Oh goodness, now I can only think of food, am I a bad person?

Check the passages on the other side of the room

((It is the outside door that's open, the one leading to the outside world.))

... that the inside of the vault is a slaughterhouse. Bodies lie dead in the halls, bedrooms, atrium... everywhere. Bullet wounds, blade wounds, decapitation, blunt force, the causes of death are as varied as they are gruesome. Every room has been ransacked, looted, and defiled. Neither of you finds one weapon, besides the batons. You only find bodies of vault dwellers... perhaps an invaders body lies somewhere else among the destruction? Several messages can be read along your respective paths.

An apostle chooses; the sheep are slaughtered

And the angels said, 'A light will come, and like lightning, the effect is felt from east to west'

The stillborn are culled; artifacts from beyond the age of the Parousia

A payment is exacted; One thousand souls to be judged

The messages are cryptic and menacing, each one more disturbing than the last.

Simega makes his way to the medbay, where the proper tools needed for the job are located. Unfortunately, when he arrives, he finds this part of the vault is as decimated as the rest. Valuable medical supplies have been taken, and machines and terminals destroyed.

Michael's path leads him to any place that Janice might have gone. The most obvious choice, it turns out, is the correct one...

Inside her home, you find Janice sitting next to a defiled body. Her mother. She holds her mothers hand, tears streaming down her face. Sobbing quietly, she looks up to you shortly, before turning her gaze back to the body.
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 06, 2013, 03:01:01 am »

Walk outside and look around.

(( Do I still have the weapons I had on my body earlier? ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 06, 2013, 03:28:02 am »

Walk outside and look around.

(( Do I still have the weapons I had on my body earlier? ))

You feel an unpleasant retching feeling in your gut as you approach the vault door... Perhaps if you had a few allies by your side you'd face this new world with more courage.

((I'll rarely limit your travels, but in this case I'd like everyone to leave together as a group. Sorry for the blatant railroading! You might want to check out the vault first anyways. Don't you think your character would be worried? Angry? Frightened? Show me the money.))

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 06, 2013, 03:45:25 am »

Walk through the vault looking for useful things and anyone still alive
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 06, 2013, 03:55:07 am »

This is sick, anyone getting any patterns in the, uh, messages?

Pistol in hand, slowly and cautiously explore
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 06, 2013, 07:09:33 am »

Perhaps because we were locked in that room they could not get to us?
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 06, 2013, 07:21:23 am »

They were taking us down this path anyway! if they knew this was coming they could have told us, shown us. Instead they hid it and played games.

Rachelle's grip on her weapon tightened

Anyway the past is the past, right now, we need to survive first

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 06, 2013, 07:29:24 am »

((Vault door is already open))

We need to get supplies first, we have no idea how nearby anywhere habitable is

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 06, 2013, 08:41:18 pm »

After getting over his apprehensions about the gore, Francis follows along into the vault, looking around for anything of particular note.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 07, 2013, 08:04:14 am »

Those of you who begin to explore the vault will find there was no escaping from the holocaust. Not one survivor can be found, but there is something interesting.

At the conjunction between the vaults, the door leading to vault B, many bodies can be found. Foreign bodies, and many familiar ones. They wear strange metal armour, menacing with spikes of adamantine. They seem to have been killed in battle, the only sign of resistance from the vault citizens. There are three foreigners, wearing twisted expressions and bearing many scars. This is the place the loyalists were meant to guard, so they must have been clustered here. Like everywhere else, it seems the weapons have been looted. The security armour, though, remains.

Most disturbing of all, however, is the door itself. It should lead to your sister vault, but instead you find a wall of stone! It appears the vaults were never really conjoined in the first place...

As far as supplies goes, you don't find much of value. Everything of worth has been looted, and anything remaining has been destroyed. The kitchen and armouries are especially empty. Every last bit of food and ammo has been taken. Perhaps you'll have better luck if you focus your search for something specific?

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 07, 2013, 08:14:07 am »

Head back to the vault exit

"This is getting strange."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 07, 2013, 08:15:20 am »

(( Do I have my stuff on me? I was carrying 2 pistols and my armor when I came in here plus a baton. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 07, 2013, 08:42:58 am »

(( Do I have my stuff on me? I was carrying 2 pistols and my armor when I came in here plus a baton. ))

((Alright, Mr. Impatient!))

Spoiler: Fniff, Michael Leary (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: scapheap, Clair Keter (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Patrick Hunt, Sam (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cimega3, Simegathree (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: wolfchild, Rachelle (click to show/hide)

((Your inventory is based on your job, stats, and luck. Unfortunately, no one gets a luck bonus!

Now's the time to tell me you were carrying a minigun/mini nuke launcher/your bottle cap collection at the time of the gassing.))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 07, 2013, 08:45:24 am »

(( I was carrying tesla armor and a robot attack dog. ;) ))
Caine's law.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 07, 2013, 01:47:21 pm »

(I'm satisfied with my inventory.)

"Hey..." Michael laid a comforting hand on the shoulder of his weeping friend, then knelt down beside her. "It's going to be okay... It's all going to be fine."
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 25