Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4538 4539 [4540] 4541 4542 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3129127 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my
« Reply #68085 on: May 05, 2014, 09:56:15 am »

ICARUS ignores the indiscretion and instead asks Lunette

"Hmm, which one should we try first?"
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #68086 on: May 05, 2014, 09:57:09 am »

Lunette waves back at Alice, "Hello. How are you and ICARUS doing?"

Alice smiled brightly
"We're... We're doing great"

They head to the teleporation nexus. It's a little more run down than the last time they were there, but otherwise it's unchanged. After they arrive Lunette immediately wanders over to the circles and inspects them.

Alice looked around the place and got ready to be useful if anyone needed her.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68087 on: May 05, 2014, 10:17:38 am »

ICARUS ignores the indiscretion and instead asks Lunette

"Hmm, which one should we try first?"

"All of them. I've made more than enough. Unless you had another idea, of course."

Alice smiled brightly
"We're... We're doing great"

"Okay. I'm glad to hear that. It's nice to see you two together, I think. You both seem happy."

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68088 on: May 05, 2014, 10:19:55 am »

"Well, then let's do it, go ahead and do your..magic..thingy.."
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68089 on: May 05, 2014, 10:22:33 am »

"Okay. I'm glad to hear that. It's nice to see you two together, I think. You both seem happy."

"Thank you, we... we are"

Curiously Alice watched the magic going on, getting ready to act at the first sign of something going wrong
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 10:38:59 am by Kansa »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68090 on: May 05, 2014, 10:33:58 am »

Lunette shrugs and places a orb in the center of each circle before activating them. After about thirty seconds, the balls disappear in a loud crack as they teleport. She then actives her bracelet to see where they went.

Circles #1 and #2 are obviously false leads. One depositories the orb into the middle of the Sahara, with no oasis in sight. The chance of someone surviving that unprepared are slim to none. The other lands the orb in Siberia, once again with no obvious shelter in sight.

The rest of the circles are more promising. #3 teleports the orb into an ocean, giving the orb a good shot of a coastal city somewhere in Brazil before it sinks beneath the waves. A strong swimmer could easily stay afloat long enough for a waiting boat to pick them up. Circle #4 drops its orb on top of some skyscraper in Hong Kong. Circle #5 is linked to a jungle in South Asia. While it's probably several kilometers from civilization, the chances of survival are much better than the circles that lead to the Sahara or Siberia. #6 teleports to some nameless field in Midwest USA, with grain stretching as far as the eye can see, and a few houses dotted about here and there. Finally, the last circle leads to a cave in Africa, shielding whoever uses it from view until they're ready to leave.

After she checks the orbs, Lunette smiles, "That was easy, wasn't it?"

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68091 on: May 05, 2014, 10:40:00 am »

"Hmm, so we have 5 choices, still not narrowed down very much. The brazilian city is...difficult. That's a huge area to hide in. I'll check who the skyscraper belongs to, the others...hum..in the middle of the jungle, there wouldn't be that many magical signatures, I can scan that area...Someone should check the houses nearby the cornfield, maybe Alice can do that? If there is danger, just teleport out. I have no idea what to do about the other circles though."

ICARUS does a quick internet check who the skyscraper belongs to.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68092 on: May 05, 2014, 10:43:25 am »

"Hmm, so we have 5 choices, still not narrowed down very much. The brazilian city is...difficult. That's a huge area to hide in. I'll check who the skyscraper belongs to, the others...hum..in the middle of the jungle, there wouldn't be that many magical signatures, I can scan that area...Someone should check the houses nearby the cornfield, maybe Alice can do that? If there is danger, just teleport out. I have no idea what to do about the other circles though."

Alice nodded
"Ok I... I can do that" she looked around at the circles "Which one is... is it?"

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68093 on: May 05, 2014, 10:54:35 am »

The skyscraper belongs to Urban Retail Properties, which is based in Chicago and manages retail buildings and skyscrapers all across the world.

Alice nodded
"Ok I... I can do that" she looked around at the circles "Which one is... is it?"

Lunette points to the appropriate circle. "It's that one."

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68094 on: May 05, 2014, 10:56:09 am »

"Hmm, the chinese skyscraper sounds suspicious, I'll go and check that out. Lunette, please activate the circle"

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68095 on: May 05, 2014, 10:57:57 am »

Lunette points to the appropriate circle. "It's that one."

"Ok, thank... thank you I'll go there now" Alice walked onto the teleportation circle "I'll... I'll send a message if anything goes wrong"

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68096 on: May 05, 2014, 11:10:35 am »

"Ok, thank... thank you I'll go there now" Alice walked onto the teleportation circle "I'll... I'll send a message if anything goes wrong"

"Of course. I'm sure you'll be fine," she says, giving Alice a reassuring smile.

"Hmm, the chinese skyscraper sounds suspicious, I'll go and check that out. Lunette, please activate the circle"

"Okay. I'll stay here if you need to teleport back here then." Lunette waves goodbye as she activates the circle, and after several long seconds, Alice and ICARUS finally teleport.

ICARUS finds herself on top of the skyscraper, the roof of which is covered in metal boxes that hum as they operate. A chainlink fence has been erected around the roof to stop people from jumping off, obscuring the Hong Kong skyline slightly, though the smog helps with that too. Otherwise it's rather uninteresting there, with the only thing of note being the stairs leading down, and a security camera watching over everything.

Alice lands in a wheat field, the stalks parting for a moment to reveal a splendid sunset. Otherwise she can't really see anything from her vantage point, but she catches glimpses of a nearby house as she looks around.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68097 on: May 05, 2014, 11:12:58 am »

ICARUS tries to leap out of the field of vision from the camera, behind one of the metal things (ACs?) as fast as she can - given robotic reaction time, probably very fast - maybe nobody saw her. She then proceeds to power up her sensors and scan the building, first for magic, then for life-signs.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68098 on: May 05, 2014, 11:16:34 am »

"Of course. I'm sure you'll be fine," she says, giving Alice a reassuring smile..

Alice smiled back
"I'm... I'm sure I will be" she waved gave a final wave goodbye as she was teleported.

Alice lands in a wheat field, the stalks parting for a moment to reveal a splendid sunset. Otherwise she can't really see anything from her vantage point, but she catches glimpses of a nearby house as she looks around.

It took a moment for Alice to become used to the sudden change of surroundings, quickly though she managed to catch her bearings. She stared at the sunset, admiring how pretty it was then she turned and headed towards the house that she had spotted.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68099 on: May 05, 2014, 11:38:39 am »

ICARUS tries to leap out of the field of vision from the camera, behind one of the metal things (ACs?) as fast as she can - given robotic reaction time, probably very fast - maybe nobody saw her. She then proceeds to power up her sensors and scan the building, first for magic, then for life-signs.

The metal boxes are likely ACs or ventilators. Whatever they are doesn't really matter, since they make a nice hiding spot for ICARUS. Hopefully whoever is manning those cameras wasn't paying much attention.

ICARUS's magic sensors don't pick up anything unusual, unfortunately. She does detect several people working in the skyscraper, which isn't that unusual. Whether they would know anything is debatable though. Most of them seem to be labouring inside cubicles and offices after all.

It took a moment for Alice to become used to the sudden change of surroundings, quickly though she managed to catch her bearings. She stared at the sunset, admiring how pretty it was then she turned and headed towards the house that she had spotted.

It's a one-storey brick house with a patio for relaxing when it's nice and cool out. There's a truck in the driveway and lights on, so obviously someone is home. A dog lying on the patio looks up as Alice approaches and stares at her, its tongue hanging out as it scrutinizes her.
Pages: 1 ... 4538 4539 [4540] 4541 4542 ... 4748