Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4435 4436 [4437] 4438 4439 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3121479 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my
« Reply #66540 on: April 26, 2014, 02:57:23 pm »

<Ashley you need more patience. Start with some sleep deprivation and drugs, break his concentration before asking.>
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #66541 on: April 26, 2014, 03:01:22 pm »

<I doubt we have much time to deprive him of sleep.>
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66542 on: April 26, 2014, 03:15:10 pm »

ICARUS carries Rose and Alice to the digsite, with a bit of difficulty, two people at once is not easy.

The scene at the dig site is... not pretty to say the least. It takes Rose several moments before she recognizes the site and gets ICARUS to land. The first feature that draws the eye is the large pit filled with rubble in the very center of the place. Judging by the scorch marks and general debris, someone set off heavy-duty explosives to completely obliterate whatever lay on this site. The large stone slab that was the main focus of the dig, pictures of which Alice saw long ago, is in several pieces, the carvings on its surface completely destroyed and illegible. Next the eye will probably wander over to the tents that protected the equipment used on the dig and the artifacts they found. Most of the tents are in various stages of collapse, their contents smashed or thrown onto a big bonfire that still smolders weakly, sending up a thin line of black smoke. The worse is saved for last though, as one spots the hastily dug pit off to the side. A look inside the pit confirms the worse fears. Inside of the pit, stacked carelessly on top of each other, are the dead bodies of those who worked on the site, their features twisted into terrible grimaces of pain. Looming over the terrible pit is a colourful banner, it's slogan, 'For the Russia of our ancestors', almost mocking the horrors that were perpetrated here.

Rose takes all of this in, and simply stands there in shock.

"Oh, there's something way more... sensitive that I can remove. Now, I'll ask again. Who hired you?"

The man laughs, /"Fine. I will tell you since you insist. Spartak Sokolov sent us. You will learn to fear his name soon enough."/

((In the grimdark grim darkness of the far future RotMG...))

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66543 on: April 26, 2014, 03:17:45 pm »

"Well that is inconvenient..."

ICARUS calls in an IRIS forsenics teams, to aid with the search, then looks for any still readable documents
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #66544 on: April 26, 2014, 03:19:30 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Alice's face was white as a sheet. Her eyes went to each of the horrors and a couple of times her mouth opened, only silence came out though. She stood there shocked and shaking.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66545 on: April 26, 2014, 03:23:16 pm »

<ICARUS, did you get that? Search IRIS's files for him.>

Ashley stares the man in the eyes.
"And how do I know you're not lying to me?"

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66546 on: April 26, 2014, 03:24:22 pm »

ICARUS puts that name in the database

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66547 on: April 26, 2014, 03:28:23 pm »

"Until you have proven you innosence, you don't get to make demands."
<You don't prove innocence, you prove guilt.>
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66548 on: April 26, 2014, 03:29:33 pm »

((and Will does not respond to messages when the bracelet of those talking has been turned off))

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66549 on: April 26, 2014, 03:30:22 pm »

"Well that is inconvenient..."

ICARUS calls in an IRIS forensics teams, to aid with the search, then looks for any still readable documents

ICARUS puts that name in the database

IRIS responds that they'll send in a forensics team in as soon as they can. They also reply that they haven't found any of these men on their databases, but they remind her that their records aren't complete and they've already contacted the Russian authorities to search their criminal records and databases as well.

As ICARUS searches for any documents Lunette teleports in, her face hard and stern as she quietly helps her robotic sister. Unfortunately the attackers were rather through, and they only find a few documents that aren't burnt to an unreadable crisp. Most of the surviving pages have to do with administral work and the various forms that needed to be filled out, but some show rough sketches of the site before it was demolished, and the positions of where the different artifacts were found.

Ashley stares the man in the eyes.
"And how do I know you're not lying to me?"

The man stares back just as intently, /"As I said, you will all learn soon enough. You think that we would launch an attack like this and not claim credit for it afterwards? Do you think that we are idiots?"/

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66550 on: April 26, 2014, 03:32:12 pm »

ICARUS sighs, and first does a rough scan of the ground below. Anything that still remains buried that deserves attention?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66551 on: April 26, 2014, 03:32:53 pm »

((What sensors does ICARUS have on her, by the way?))

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #66552 on: April 26, 2014, 03:33:38 pm »

HILDA flies in the scene.
 "My apologies, I was occupied."
HILDA's arm shifts into a scanning device which she scans the bodies with to detect any anomalies.

[To: ICARUS] <What exactly is this place?>

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66553 on: April 26, 2014, 03:34:02 pm »

/"You're idiots for taking the credit for it. You've messed with the wrong people."/
Ashley slashes his throat with her katana swiftly, knocking him unconscious.
<Somebody come and execute the unconscious ones.>
Speaking of which, she gets the other ones down on the street, next to the one she was just talking to.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #66554 on: April 26, 2014, 03:34:08 pm »

Eventually Alice pulled herself out of her shock, she turned to Rose.
"I'm... I'm sorry"
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax
Pages: 1 ... 4435 4436 [4437] 4438 4439 ... 4748