Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4153 4154 [4155] 4156 4157 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3116017 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my
« Reply #62310 on: April 13, 2014, 03:31:58 pm »

"Our magic shield is able to interfer even with a gods abilities -though at basic level, does not nullify them completely. If you can direct your mana into the filed generator, it would overcharge the shield - and possibly nullify them completely. No illusions, no teleports. That would leave Zhengara with a whole lot less options. In fact, once you have managed to figure out hwo to overcharge the shield, you could maybe teach Alice how do to so as well. She has a fair bit of magic potential, just not the training to use it right, like most humans. Your combined forces will, at least for a duration, leave Zhengara vulnerable, and unable to face us with anything but with sheer physical ability. And that we can deal with. Kyle was not all that interested in fighting a god, but I doubt he will object in having merlin provide the fighters with healing spells. Besides, he is a god of illusion. That is a very roundabout, indirect way of fighting. If we suddenly strip him off that...I doubt he is used to that kind of fighting."
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #62311 on: April 13, 2014, 03:34:51 pm »

"Really?" Lunette looks at Alice, still obviously sad.

"Yes, I... I needed a... a friend and... and you were... were there for me. Don't be... be sad, it's... it's all turning out... out well now, I'm... I'm the happiest I... I have been for... for a long... long time"

"Our magic shield is able to interfer even with a gods abilities -though at basic level, does not nullify them completely. If you can direct your mana into the filed generator, it would overcharge the shield - and possibly nullify them completely. No illusions, no teleports. That would leave Zhengara with a whole lot less options. In fact, once you have managed to figure out hwo to overcharge the shield, you could maybe teach Alice how do to so as well. She has a fair bit of magic potential, just not the training to use it right, like most humans. Your combined forces will, at least for a duration, leave Zhengara vulnerable, and unable to face us with anything but with sheer physical ability. And that we can deal with. Kyle was not all that interested in fighting a god, but I doubt he will object in having merlin provide the fighters with healing spells. Besides, he is a god of illusion. That is a very roundabout, indirect way of fighting. If we suddenly strip him off that...I doubt he is used to that kind of fighting."

"That... That sounds great"
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62312 on: April 13, 2014, 03:35:58 pm »

"Are you going t-to keep doing that, or..?"
Black lives matter.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62313 on: April 13, 2014, 03:36:50 pm »

Selina attempts to get up and dressed, wanting to get back home as she says her good-byes to Yuri.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #62314 on: April 13, 2014, 03:39:17 pm »

"Eh."
Kayla buggers off and looks for someone to help with her idea.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62315 on: April 13, 2014, 03:40:33 pm »

"Yes, I... I needed a... a friend and... and you were... were there for me. Don't be... be sad, it's... it's all turning out... out well now, I'm... I'm the happiest I... I have been for... for a long... long time"

Lunette nods, and then wraps her little arms around Alice in a big hug, "I'm happy to hear that. And you were a big friend for me too."

Lunette thinks for a moment. "I think that I could do that if I knew more about the generator. It might take a lot of mana though..."

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #62316 on: April 13, 2014, 03:43:41 pm »

Lunette nods, and then wraps her little arms around Alice in a big hug, "I'm happy to hear that. And you were a big friend for me too."

Alice returned the hug
"I'm... I'm glad to... to hear that, as... as I said before if... if you ever... ever need anything you... you just have... have to ask"
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62317 on: April 13, 2014, 03:45:21 pm »

"That's why I hope that everyone who will not engage Zhengara in the fight or provides magical backup for the fighters to participate in this. When you have time, check it out. There is no rush. We need to get it right, not fast. Once you have figured out a good way, we will be teaching the method to everyone. In the meantime, I'll keep looking out for ways to properly harm a god. We only have enough orichalcum for one more blade, and even if Jacque gives one of her knives to Luna, that's just 4 combatants. I'll try to look into artifacts next. Also, I need to see Bismuth regarding health potions."
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62318 on: April 13, 2014, 03:47:51 pm »

Lyle uncomfortably wanders away.
Black lives matter.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62319 on: April 13, 2014, 03:51:13 pm »

Kyle speaks up via braclet.
<Maybe full metal jacketed bullets using it?>

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62320 on: April 13, 2014, 03:53:35 pm »

Alice returned the hug
"I'm... I'm glad to... to hear that, as... as I said before if... if you ever... ever need anything you... you just have... have to ask"

"Okay. Thank you."

"That's why I hope that everyone who will not engage Zhengara in the fight or provides magical backup for the fighters to participate in this. When you have time, check it out. There is no rush. We need to get it right, not fast. Once you have figured out a good way, we will be teaching the method to everyone. In the meantime, I'll keep looking out for ways to properly harm a god. We only have enough orichalcum for one more blade, and even if Jacque gives one of her knives to Luna, that's just 4 combatants. I'll try to look into artifacts next. Also, I need to see Bismuth regarding health potions."

Lunette ends her hug with Alice, stepping away happily. "Okay. I'll look at it as soon as I can then."

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62321 on: April 13, 2014, 03:54:06 pm »

<That might be wasteful, but it depends on the combatant in question. Fighters are best using the weapon they are trained the most with. For now, we need more people to actually step up and declare that they have the courage to face Zhengara in combat, then we can go about equipping them right for the job. So far it's only me and Jacque who has spoken up.>

"So Alice, how goes the party planning?"

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62322 on: April 13, 2014, 03:54:10 pm »

Rachel continues hanging out.
Black lives matter.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62323 on: April 13, 2014, 03:59:17 pm »

<You do realize that it's only coating lead in the stuff right? It shouldn't be very wasteful since it will only be a little bit of it.>

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62324 on: April 13, 2014, 04:00:29 pm »

<Good. I suppose if we find a gunman couragous enough for such a fight, we will produce some of that ammo.>
Pages: 1 ... 4153 4154 [4155] 4156 4157 ... 4748