Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4086 4087 [4088] 4089 4090 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3118602 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Rising from the ashes
« Reply #61305 on: April 11, 2014, 06:41:46 am »

<Have you considered that attacks may be remotely targeted at you through the position, or that having a detectable allows hostiles to estimate your movements? On top of that, what if someone to output meaningless signals of the same parameters? It could disrupt communications or cause psychological issues.>
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #61306 on: April 11, 2014, 06:52:09 am »

<No I have not. Because there are much better ways to target attacks. And a detectable what? I doubt that the signals are dectable anyway since they are sent and received faster than anything that is on the market as of now. Because it is literally instant. And to be able to do that they would have to exactly emulate one of us to do it and not immediately be shut out. And let's say that somehow they did emulate one of us. The one they are emulating would be able to tell someone and then we would shut them out.>

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61307 on: April 11, 2014, 06:54:57 am »

<You seem to be making an awfully large amount of assumptions. What leads you to believe that it is instant?>

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61308 on: April 11, 2014, 07:03:37 am »

<The fact that Selina made it with that as one of the stated qualities. Even if it isn't instant then it is so close that unless we get something to measure just how fast it is we won't know the difference.>

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61309 on: April 11, 2014, 07:08:22 am »

<...Can't we say the same for photons which travel at the highest possible speed (and yes, that includes magical means, @Elf doesn't exactly want to simulate the effects of superluminal travel or the hypothetical properties of tachyons)? Signals sent via electromagnetic radiation can be intercepted. I doubt speed has much to do with protecting it from interception.>
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 07:10:44 am by Empiricist »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61310 on: April 11, 2014, 07:28:09 am »

<I'm surprised that I have to remind you that there are Twilight parts in these bracelets, keeping them from my void magic. And besides, I'm currently not using void magic, so that argument is invalid if anything.>
<One: It's pure Creation magic, since it's Selina's creation through-and-through. Two: You don't screw up the bracelet when you teleport and the bracelet doesn't screw up your teleports. Three: There are many other examples, but I was thinking that the one closest to home would be the hardest to dispute.>

<Also, wouldn't there be to much background activity to pinpoint us exactly? We aren't really unique you know.>
<As far as we know, the bracelets are. Selina's magic seems to be very rare, and given the sheer number of options available to such an ability for communicative purposes, it's unlikely anyone else stumbled on the exact same method as we did.>

<...Can't we say the same for photons which travel at the highest possible speed (and yes, that includes magical means, @Elf doesn't exactly want to simulate the effects of superluminal travel or the hypothetical properties of tachyons)? Signals sent via electromagnetic radiation can be intercepted. I doubt speed has much to do with protecting it from interception.>
<Easier to intercept a slow message than a fast one. Not impossible to intercept a fast one.>
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61311 on: April 11, 2014, 07:38:59 am »

<Far from impossible to be incrementally more precise. Especially not with supernatural assistance. I would suspect that Grandiose found and targeted me using bracelet data seeing as he knew I had magic, something which I kept hidden and knew of my connection along with my knowledge of the preceding incidents.>
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 07:43:26 am by Empiricist »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61312 on: April 11, 2014, 07:44:32 am »

<You'll notice that I said it was not impossible to intercept a fast signal.>
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61313 on: April 11, 2014, 07:45:35 am »

<Hence why I designated what I said as a slightly more specific variant of thus.>

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61314 on: April 11, 2014, 07:51:49 am »

<Cyrielle... he's a fucking magical being. He could probably smell the magic on you. You're telling me that you added something that is pretty much useless for anything because you were paranoid?>

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61315 on: April 11, 2014, 07:53:35 am »

<Yes, because Grandiose was the only magical being which could ever be our enemy. Kyle...do you ever think before you speak?>
Sig

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61316 on: April 11, 2014, 07:55:09 am »

<Yes.>

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61317 on: April 11, 2014, 07:55:19 am »

<...You realize I also pointed out that he knew that I was in contact with you all, knew of the incident and had a reason to go o your location, correct? Detecting magic is one matter, finding out that information is another.>

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61318 on: April 11, 2014, 07:56:39 am »

<What incident?>

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61319 on: April 11, 2014, 07:59:32 am »

<He knew I had heard of him attacking Selina and yourself earlier. He knew I had a reason to be in Australia. He knew I was connected to you all. Before you try arguing he may have known that by observing me, if that was the case, he would have also known that I would therefore NOT come to Australia. As he evidently did not, that possibility is already ruled out.>
Pages: 1 ... 4086 4087 [4088] 4089 4090 ... 4748