Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2916 2917 [2918] 2919 2920 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3118390 times)

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Angels and fighting and plot oh my
« Reply #43755 on: February 17, 2014, 09:36:24 am »

HILDA's eyes turn a passive blue as she stares forward, contemplating about something in deep thought.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #43756 on: February 17, 2014, 09:41:33 am »

"Four times a day, my mind is uploaded to the cloud server to create a backup. It only takes a few minutes, bur during that time, my mind exists only on the cloud server, not within my body. With all of my senses being turned off, my mind is coded to enter combat simulation. You could say that I am programmed to dream of combat. However with my entire CPU dedicated entirely to the simulation, perception of time is irrelevant. Even just a minute feels like many hours. As the simulation is endless, it just goes on until I am destroyed, and then restarts again. Everytime I make a backup, I spent countless hours watching everyone I know and myself die over and over again. I do not like it."
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43757 on: February 17, 2014, 09:44:15 am »

HILDA turns to ICARUS.
 "...You too?"

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43758 on: February 17, 2014, 09:52:59 am »

"Philosophers have postulated that soul and mind are the sum of your memories and emotions. If that is true, then my soul, even if it is only a fake soul composed of physical data, rather than magical force, leaves my body and enters the place where it goes when my body is destroyed - the afterlife. By that connection, it's not a dream I am experiencing, but hell. I am programmed to go to hell. Should my body be destroyed and a replacement body is to be built, it takes 24 hours, minimum, to transfer my mind into a new body. That equals roughly 3500 years of simulating the death of everyone I know and myself over and over again. It terrifies me. I am not even alife, but I am so terrified of death that I am not sure I will be able to properly function once a combat situation arises."
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43759 on: February 17, 2014, 10:17:57 am »

"Philosophers have postulated that soul and mind are the sum of your memories and emotions. If that is true, then my soul, even if it is only a fake soul composed of physical data, rather than magical force, leaves my body and enters the place where it goes when my body is destroyed - the afterlife. By that connection, it's not a dream I am experiencing, but hell. I am programmed to go to hell. Should my body be destroyed and a replacement body is to be built, it takes 24 hours, minimum, to transfer my mind into a new body. That equals roughly 3500 years of simulating the death of everyone I know and myself over and over again. It terrifies me. I am not even alife, but I am so terrified of death that I am not sure I will be able to properly function once a combat situation arises."

Neferis thinks for several moments, and then softly places Saber on the ground. Neferis then squeezes ICARUS in the biggest hug she can. Hopefully it doesn't exceed the robot's stress tolerances, "That's horrible."

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43760 on: February 17, 2014, 10:21:32 am »

HILDA also engages in hugging on ICARUS.
 "I feels you."

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43761 on: February 17, 2014, 10:22:54 am »

"Thank you. Please don't tell anyone about this. I am a combat robot. Being afraid of combat makes me defective. If I am defected, my body will be disassembled, and I have to go to hell again, and await deletion."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43762 on: February 17, 2014, 10:24:31 am »

"Thank you. Please don't tell anyone about this. I am a combat robot. Being afraid of combat makes me defective. If I am defected, my body will be disassembled, and I have to go to hell again, and await deletion."

Neferis nods, "The afterlife is supposed to be happy and peaceful."

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43763 on: February 17, 2014, 10:25:53 am »

HILDA nods.
 "Yes. I wonder how far it is, for data to be transferred there."

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43764 on: February 17, 2014, 10:28:29 am »

"The afterlife for real souls is peaceful, and even then only for some. I hope you don't have an afterlife Neferis, the chances are too great it might not be good."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43765 on: February 17, 2014, 10:30:38 am »

"The afterlife for real souls is peaceful, and even then only for some. I hope you don't have an afterlife Neferis, the chances are too great it might not be good."

Neferis shakes her head, "Only peace or oblivion."

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43766 on: February 17, 2014, 10:32:43 am »

ICARUS continues the hug. Either she doesn't want to let go, or she is lagging

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43767 on: February 17, 2014, 10:33:56 am »

ICARUS continues the hug. Either she doesn't want to let go, or she is lagging

After a while Neferis stops hugging ICARUS and gently picks up Saber from wherever he wandered off to.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43768 on: February 17, 2014, 10:36:13 am »

"I am sorry, I egoisticaly lowered the quality of the day with existential dread. Let us head to the top of the mountain, evening is approaching."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43769 on: February 17, 2014, 10:37:22 am »

"I am sorry, I egoisticaly lowered the quality of the day with existential dread. Let us head to the top of the mountain, evening is approaching."

Neferis nods and holds out Saber for ICARUS to take, "To make you feel better."
Pages: 1 ... 2916 2917 [2918] 2919 2920 ... 4748