Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2805 2806 [2807] 2808 2809 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3116277 times)

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Angels and fighting and plot oh my
« Reply #42090 on: February 14, 2014, 02:13:35 am »

((Sleep is needed. Good night.))

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #42091 on: February 14, 2014, 02:24:58 am »

HILDA gazes at Ashley with a perplexed look. She flashes a cute grin before her eyes shift from azure to green.
 "They are excellent cookies," her eyes then turn yellow, "Oh who am I kidding? I am searching for somebody -- short blonde hair, square glasses, very short."
"Oh? And what is their name?"

((Now I sleep as well...))
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #42092 on: February 14, 2014, 04:30:09 am »

ICARUS is almost out of juice, but while self-preservation *is* a primary directive, Nimue *is* paralyzed. Retreat can be delayed for another turn. ICARUS particle cannons Nimue, using 20 Mana on the shot. She will retreat next turn.

Hainuwele goes for the routine, and stabs Nimues eyeballs!
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #42093 on: February 14, 2014, 05:01:35 am »

Arriving near Will, Stella asks

"Who are we fighting Will?" <Do you have access to anything I could use? I have not exactly needed much in the way of equipment up till now>

((OK you guys are fighting Nimue, right?, also I still don't know how the rules have changed yet, the ones in my head are the onse from the crossover, but I know they are not right))

Stella grabs a hefty stick from the ground, at least she was still stronger than a normal human
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42094 on: February 14, 2014, 05:41:15 am »

((Will, Lyle and Mallory are currently interrogating a prisoner, Blossom and Marie are fighting some bulking dude, and ICARUS, Hainuwele, Bismuth, Neferis, Bethany, Catherin, Sen and Lucas are fighting Nimue and her mooks. All 3 groups are in different locations around the castle, thick fog makes it difficult to go from one place to another))
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #42095 on: February 14, 2014, 07:12:33 am »

((You forgot how Kyle is teleporting in to bitchslap Nimue repeatedly.))

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #42096 on: February 14, 2014, 07:53:51 am »

((OK no hefty stick then, that is retconned, thought we were in a field, and Stella is most definitely with Will if she used the teleport))

Stella somewhat figgures out the situation and tries to look tough and imposing, not her usual strong point when not covered in scales
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #42097 on: February 14, 2014, 09:00:40 am »

"His name I do not have knowledge of -- only that he could possibly be my creator. Have you seen any other automatons?" HILDA-01 asks Ashley as she turns back. She swiftly throws the box of cookies in the air and aims her arm at it, which transforms into an arm cannon. She takes 10 mana on the shot and blasts a pellet of swirling purple energy at the cookie -- the pellet strikes it, and it begins to comically rain cookie crumbs for a few seconds.

She turns back to Ashley with indifference.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42098 on: February 14, 2014, 09:03:46 am »

((Well, all non-biologics are currently within a pocket-dimension in france, and Ashley is in Australia, so yeaaah, looks like you will be searching for a while))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42099 on: February 14, 2014, 09:08:21 am »

Arriving near Will, Stella asks
"Who are we fighting Will?" <Do you have access to anything I could use? I have not exactly needed much in the way of equipment up till now>
"At this instant? Nothing. Coming up shortly? Some kind of magic-user."
<I could lend you my bow, but that would leave me with nothing. Maybe ask the knight here?>
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #42100 on: February 14, 2014, 09:35:03 am »

Robo!Marie gently pats Meme.

"It'll help you feel better."

No one else is around to bug Hilda. :v

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42101 on: February 14, 2014, 10:15:45 am »

Marie sighs.

"I would be enraged at you hurting my daughter, but we all knew this was coming."

She just changes tac, summoning up a barrage (danmaku, even!) of energy worth 45 mana and attempting to bullet hell the shit out of that guy via the tried and true 'something will hit eventually' tactic.

[45 + 22 vs. 36] Hit! 70 damage! Marie's danmaku bullet hell thingy catches the bulky figure off guard, and he takes a face-full of damage for Marie's troubles.

Blossom is VERY ANGRY. Her wound opens up even wider, in order to permit the exodus of a massive crystal blade from her form. She takes hold of it and wields it like it's light as paper, charging the figure.

[38 vs. 26] Hit! 54(!) damage! Blossom swings her crystal blade around in several impressive arcs, before slashing at the figure. The blade easily cuts through its neck, severing it completely before it can react. The attacker's body awkwardly steps forward, as if to attack, before collapsing down on the ground with a soft thud.

Catherine chuckles a bit, readying her rapier carefully, before dashing over towards her frozen foes, to slash at them as much as possible.

[AUTO] Hit! 74 damage! Catherine's rapier strikes truly, and slashes one of the frozen figures to ribbons!

Lucas, on the flip side of that, proceeds to Blast at some of the more weakened foes a bit more.

[21 vs. 33] Miss! Lucas blasts at one of the the weakened foes, but it dodges out of the way at the last second.

Sen summons her Thunderhead Leylines and attempts to drain all of the magical energies out of the fog and recharge herself. Sen reason that if it acts as a leyline, then she can tap into it as well.

[MAG: 18 + Whatever] Sen probably has the right idea, but her execution is terrible and all she gets is a minor shock as her spell backfires.

Bismuth socks it to Nimue if she can get away with it. Otherwise, more holding.

"Two words: Hell no. also, your flies are annoying."

Dat psycho grin, yo.

[AUTO] Hit! 38 damage! Bismuth can't sock it to Nimue, so she settles for kneeing the bitch in the stomach. It is strangely satisfying.

Tobias takes this opportunity to use his own shadow to attack Nimue!

[AUTO] Hit! 12 damage! Tobias's shadow slashes at Nimue, but barely manages to wound her.

Kyle walks up to Nimue and slaps her. He will slap her every time she speaks, every time she moves, every time she looks at him.

Nimue is... paralyzed right now, so Kyle just stands around looking pissed off, I guess.

ICARUS is almost out of juice, but while self-preservation *is* a primary directive, Nimue *is* paralyzed. Retreat can be delayed for another turn. ICARUS particle cannons Nimue, using 20 Mana on the shot. She will retreat next turn.

[AUTO] Hit! 44 damage! ICARUS blasts the enchantress with her particle cannon, doing a large chunk of damage.

Hainuwele goes for the routine, and stabs Nimues eyeballs!

[AUTO] Hit! INSTAKILL! Hainuwele decides to finish things, and jumps onto Nimue shoulders, quickly sliding her needle in the sorceress's eye and through to her brain. Mind you ICARUS had managed to kill her anyways, but it's the thought that counts.

Lyle does so.
Or, atl least, he attempts to.

"Gosh.. diddly.."

As Lyle starts to untie the figure, it suddenly goes completely rigid and unmoving.

With Nimue dead, the mysterious fog begins to disappear, slowly at first, but then quicker as the sun suddenly rises over the trees. With the fog gone, everyone gets a good look at the figures, which appear to be straw manikins covered in rags. The knives in their hands are wickedly sharp though, and several of them are covered in blood.

Sir Platz gives the manikin that Will and Lyle were interrogating a soft kick. "Witchcraft," he mutters.

((Nimue was screwed when Hainuwele managed to paralyze her...))

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42102 on: February 14, 2014, 10:22:25 am »

"You guys really can't get anything done without me, can you? Just *how* did you guys ever managed to save the world before I came along?"

Hainuwele has been woken up enough, and as sunrise is nearing, it's almost pointless to go back to sleep. Time to just soldier it up, professional training be thanked, and begin the day with a nice roasted eyeball, courtesy of Nimue.
---------

"Critical damage detected. Batteries almost depleted. Beginning maintenance and recharge procedures."

ICARUS begins self-repair. The battery should recharge slowly overtime, now that the production rate of energy is no longer lower than the rate it is used up by combat actions.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #42103 on: February 14, 2014, 10:22:59 am »

"...Well then."

"ooooooooooookaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile