Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2355 2356 [2357] 2358 2359 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3118232 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Dragons paid us to replace the title
« Reply #35340 on: January 29, 2014, 03:32:05 pm »

"Right, I am sure if you ask a god, they can make a place for you in afterlife. Even if you have no soul, maybe they have some...blank ones they can copy your mind unto?"
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35341 on: January 29, 2014, 03:33:15 pm »

"Ask nicely I suppose."

Neferis shakes her head, "That's not how it works."

"Right, I am sure if you ask a god, they can make a place for you in afterlife. Even if you have no soul, maybe they have some...blank ones they can copy your mind unto?"

Neferis looks confused at Hainuwele.

((Sigh, must silence my inner deviant and must not suggest she take her shirt off, put some ice cubes to certain parts and then hang the picture no problem...))

((She's made out of clay, so it wouldn't work anyways. :P

Alternative solution: Get her to turn around.))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #35342 on: January 29, 2014, 03:33:53 pm »

"How do you know?"

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #35343 on: January 29, 2014, 03:37:36 pm »

Tobias holds his forehead.
"Hangover. Got drunk during the party last night."
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35344 on: January 29, 2014, 03:38:18 pm »

"Enough, all the extistential dread is killing the buzz. Let's ask Anima to summon a god who can help you out with a soul. You deserve a nice afterlife."
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35345 on: January 29, 2014, 03:39:22 pm »

Kyle points Tobias to the pitcher and tells him to drink it.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35346 on: January 29, 2014, 03:43:18 pm »

<How can you prove it was a soul and not her making a very good representation of a person and their mind with magic?>
<...Why would I make a dead person for Yuri I know very little about, or make a fake succubus?>
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35347 on: January 29, 2014, 03:47:22 pm »

<You have magic. I literally can't do anything scientific with it because you can just change it some. If you were a god then I might be able to examine if it was really a succubus or really Yuri's friend. But I can't prove it with your magic. If I could prove that both of those were both of godly origin like every other thing that is scientifically governed then I could prove that you can indeed summon souls.>

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #35348 on: January 29, 2014, 03:48:23 pm »

Anima decides to chime in.
>I will not tell you how I know, but nearly everyone here has a soul.<

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35349 on: January 29, 2014, 03:49:24 pm »

<We can do that later, this does help profile her at least. Anyway, what's so important about her having a soul?>
<Not entirely sure, since I'm not sure what a soul is.>

<... You know, I'm really getting tired of these accusations about my intentions regarding women.>
<Are you saying they're significantly far from the truth?>

"Yeah. Um, it's your birthday, and that one wouldn't work either. You see a little boy, who shows you his butterfly collection and the killing jar."
"Oh." Neferis looks down, "That's sad."
Remarkably strong reaction. Practically an outburst, compared to her usual volume of speech.
"So. Um. You're watching a stage play where a banquet is in progress. The characters are enjoying raw oysters and boiled dog. If you were a character in the play, which would you enjoy more?"

Keith waves his new arm off to the side... and blasts the nearby wall. Keith looks at the arm in surprise.
<...Kyle, could you get back here and make it so Keith's arm won't accidentally destroy anything?>

"~~Keithie-Pie~~"
*twitch*

"Christ! You could have killed someone. Did nobody care to explain to you how the in-built weaponry works?"
"Evidently not."

Meme crawls out of the wrapper pile, looking quite ill.
"...WHO THE HELL LET MEME EAT THIS MUCH CANDY?!?"

Keith shrugs. And then he waves at Meme sending a blast just above her head.
He gets punched by Will.
"Don't do anything with that arm until you figure out how to not accidentally almost kill people with it!"

<I suggest that we disable it. Get Will to look at its internal components and deduce the most efficient and reliable method in which to remove the weapon system.>
<I'm not touching that thing if Keith's not keeping still.>

"Oh no, Meme...Have you eaten fomething wrong? Do you want me to stick you with a needle and make it all better? If it's just nausea, that'll not even take ten seconds."
"It's that she ate some significant fraction of her body weight in candy last night. Binges make anyone vomit."

"So? As far as I can prove none of us have souls and it hasn't affected anyone of them."
"Kinda insulting, Kyle."

<Oh yeah? Prove that it's actually a soul and not just them saying what they want to.>
<Prove the universe is more than five minutes old and that Shys'm Caes isn't just a con artist taking credit from the Flying Spaghetti Monster.>

<You have magic. I literally can't do anything scientific with it because you can just change it some. If you were a god then I might be able to examine if it was really a succubus or really Yuri's friend. But I can't prove it with your magic. If I could prove that both of those were both of godly origin like every other thing that is scientifically governed then I could prove that you can indeed summon souls.>
<Is this why you won't believe me when I say stuff?>
<And how can you trust the gods? How do you even know that they ARE gods, and not just powerful mortal magicians?>
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35350 on: January 29, 2014, 03:53:48 pm »

Meme gets up and hugs Will's leg.

"Candy bad..."
[/quote]

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35351 on: January 29, 2014, 03:57:33 pm »

"No, candy is ok, it's the amount that matters. But if you want some healthy candy, I could make some ginger-coconut crackers."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35352 on: January 29, 2014, 03:58:11 pm »

"How do you know?"

"Because I was told."

Tobias holds his forehead.
"Hangover. Got drunk during the party last night."

Ester giggles, "Ah. Maybe you shouldn't drink so much next time then."

Remarkably strong reaction. Practically an outburst, compared to her usual volume of speech.
"So. Um. You're watching a stage play where a banquet is in progress. The characters are enjoying raw oysters and boiled dog. If you were a character in the play, which would you enjoy more?"

Neferis looks confused, "But I can't eat."

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35353 on: January 29, 2014, 03:59:26 pm »

"What cocoonut?"
[/quote]

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35354 on: January 29, 2014, 04:00:55 pm »

<I can't prove any of those things. But I can prove that to me they are true and make sense. The whole idea of a soul that needs to go to the after life is as silly to me as Fate being a significant power.>

Kyle shrugs.
"And being told makes that automatically true?"
Pages: 1 ... 2355 2356 [2357] 2358 2359 ... 4748