Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1392 1393 [1394] 1395 1396 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3115120 times)

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Golems, Layars and Love Letters
« Reply #20895 on: January 08, 2014, 10:36:07 pm »

"Quite. I mean, besides me yelling at the TV when there's a Dalek behind The Doctor."
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Now with Way Too Many Posts
« Reply #20896 on: January 08, 2014, 10:36:49 pm »

"How exactly would I be of use? Pointing out more efficient ways to handle such matters?"
"I'd complain about taking my job, but really there should be enough for both of us."

"Oh come now, we both know from working with each other that we're the best for building weapons of mass destruction on the team."

<Hey Conny, if Kyle wanted to get into a relationship with Maria and Tabella what would you say?>
"...and that you're the worst at figuring out if something is practical. Powered armor? Wouldn't it be easier to make a remote-controlled combat drone?"

<I'd say he ought to ask their permission before undressing himself and sleeping with them. Ah, not in the rapey sense, just the creepy one.>

"Really, with the people we have present, a Fractional Orbital Bombardment System would probably be easier to create and more efficient."
"Orbital bombardment systems come in low-collateral-damage models?"

"Yeah but we don't have any way to get it into orbit. Other wise I would have suggested something along those lines just for the fact that I could make a big red button. If we make a giant robot we could travel in style as well as stop really big crimes."
"A: Yeah, we do. Multiple teleporters, uncountable fliers, a few geniuses and you...
"B: You have a terrible sense of style. It would be more akin to gaudiness than style."

<And Selina is fine with him wanting to see Maria. I'll be sure to relay this info to him.>
<Is Maria? It seems you should have checked with her before asking Selina permission...>

"Personal experience has told me that the right bullets or bullet equivalents in the right vital organs tend to be more effective."
"Advice to live by. Or kill by, at least."

Kyle ends the hug and smiles at Ashley.
"I attained a higher degree of mastery over my persona, can teleport through TVs, I nearly killed two kidnappers and saved Tabella, and I stopped a bank robbery. All in all I've been good."
"Aside from not asking permission before sleeping wi--sleeping alongside Tabella."

Kyle's quick to point something out.
"Not Will."
Will punches Kyle.
"In what universe would I be a girl?"

"Also Nuriel I'm fairly certain tried to corrupt me. A bit bitter about that."
"And yet you slept with her willingly. And...Conny, I'm guessing?"

"Please, you know you like a big smart guy in armor."
Kyle flexes and makes show of showing off to Ashley as a joke. Maybe.
Initiate Facepalm!
"Ow. My arm is a bit stronger than I remember..."

"I've seen it. It's a mech."
"There's not a firm boundary between the two, Kyle. I'd call it more...mechanized armor.

"No, it's a result of realizing we could totally do it and no one would give a damn."
"Because mecha are pointless and stupid without some kind of paranatural phenomenom involved in creation. You know, paralloys, maybe some direct enchantments or the like, why am I encouraging you..."

Alfred walks in. "I'm done already, I had no business here anyway."
"See you, Alfred. See you, Cyrielle. Try to keep your bracelet on; it's a pain being the only sane person around."

<...and seeing as I have now stated that on an open channel, I probably won't have much of a chance with him-->
<Yes, I'm sure that openly admitting your love was all that is keeping you from dating an ancient immortal void spirit.>

[Failure to specifically note that it is a private channel, giving me an excuse:] >The former.<
<You and Cyrielle are having a conversation? Neat. I bet that would be interesting.>

Meme gets Momo to slowly go to sleep before dressing in a nice white dress and went to visit Angel's house! She also brought some cookies for them in a bag. When she got to the door, she jumped a couple times to hit the door bell.
"Coming!" Angel's father comes to the door.
"Oh, hello there. You're...Angel's friend, aren't you?"

Maria decides to recruit Albrecht and Conny into her efforts because why not.
But not Will because apparently a superpower perfectly suited to this kind of thing isn't important.

<So... if anyone is interested, Selina fell asleep in the bath.> Not!Selina is bored.
<Any danger of her...drowning?>

[To: Will] <Actually, I just prefer having more redundancy since a centralized server is vulnerable to the effects of incompetence and idiocy.>
<What do you want? Backup servers? I can do that. I just need Selina to make more parts...well, and I need to make more photocopies of the original plans.>

<Yo! Guys, I almost forgot that I offered to take you all down to Atlantis didn't I? You guys want to get into bathing suits and meet me at the beach so I can take you?>
<*sigh* My project's never getting completed, is it? Sure, why not?>

"Okay."
Kyle takes something out of his pocket. It seems to be a dully glowing sand dollar made of gold. He looks at it a moment before chucking it in the ocean.
"Well, it should be here in about the time it takes most of us to react."
Will shows up in a bathing suit I don't feel like describing. It's blue?
He is presumably leading Stella there.

Suddenly a wave comes and swallows everyone up. It would seem that merpeople don't approve of smoking.
Will sees it coming and holds his breath before calmly being swept to Atlantis.

Kyle starts doing tricks in the water. He seems to be having fun. And also he's breathing somehow. Maybe it has to do with the tickling on necks of all the people who are currently going to Atlantis.
"Neat."

It's going to be a while before they get to Atlantis. And it would seem that the humans and others who need to breath are slowly gaining gills. Their hands are also start becoming better suited to water.
Will's demonic arm seems to be fighting the latter. He leaves trails of smoldering webbing in his wake.
"Unpleasant...I hope it turns back..."

The rest of the mermaids cheer and lead them to the first stop. Giant statues of various sea gods. The slower talking mermaid starts explaining that this is where they pray when they need stuff.
"Could I get a demonstration?" Given the world he grew up on, Will is a bit suspicious of any god who doesn't manifest to commit/stop crime or something.

"We use sand dollars, like this."
She pulls out a sand dollar like the one Kyle had before.
"...Aren't those living animals? Are there people who breed money?"

Bluh, bluh, the people in the ocean are probably at the restaurant by now after a shopping spree courtesy of Kyle. they've made great time despite someone holding them up due to possible tentacle [mother making].
Will tries to enjoy himself and nimbly avoids the tentacles.
"Keep your damn octopus on a leash! It's venomous!"

Well, all the laptops were water proof at least.
((Ooh.))
Will locates such a laptop, vanishes, and returns, having used his power and his average knowledge of the habits of Clypeasteroida. He purchases a laptop.

Blah blah, everyone gets sent back with loads of souvenirs and left overs. Kyle eventualy takes Cyrielle back to her home.
"I expected to stay longer. If I had paid in more than 20 minutes of hunting for little mollusks, I'd feel embarrassed."

Will attempts to locate Selina.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #20897 on: January 08, 2014, 10:42:35 pm »

"You well, at least you're cute when you're frustrated."

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20898 on: January 08, 2014, 10:44:47 pm »

"D'awww, thanks."
Ashley giggles for a moment.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20899 on: January 08, 2014, 10:48:13 pm »

"Really, with the people we have present, a Fractional Orbital Bombardment System would probably be easier to create and more efficient."
"Orbital bombardment systems come in low-collateral-damage models?"
<Seeing as his reasoning was for large enemy units, a low density non-explosive unit may work.>
<...and seeing as I have now stated that on an open channel, I probably won't have much of a chance with him-->
<Yes, I'm sure that openly admitting your love was all that is keeping you from dating an ancient immortal void spirit.>
<I honestly thought that he would have stopped talking to me after that to avoid awkwardness. Thankfully not.>
[To: Will] <Actually, I just prefer having more redundancy since a centralized server is vulnerable to the effects of incompetence and idiocy.>
<What do you want? Backup servers? I can do that. I just need Selina to make more parts...well, and I need to make more photocopies of the original plans.>
<I suppose the issue with either option is that they require duplication which could be an issue.>
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20900 on: January 08, 2014, 10:49:36 pm »

"And you're cute when you giggle. And your hair is really soft."

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20901 on: January 08, 2014, 10:51:14 pm »

"Thanks again, I suppose."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20902 on: January 08, 2014, 10:52:26 pm »

"Or, and you're British. That's like the biggest thing on the cute-o-meter."

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20903 on: January 08, 2014, 10:53:43 pm »

"How exactly does that change my cuteness?"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20904 on: January 08, 2014, 10:54:22 pm »

"The accent."

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20905 on: January 08, 2014, 10:55:51 pm »

"I suppose. Though, it doesn't change anything on the 'cute-o-meter' in London."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20906 on: January 08, 2014, 10:57:53 pm »

"Well, yeah. It's American's that get the increase on the cute-o-meter."

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20907 on: January 08, 2014, 11:00:01 pm »

"Actually, not even American accents. It's actually French accents. Or Italian."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20908 on: January 08, 2014, 11:01:17 pm »

"Don't Brits hate the French? Like almost as much as the rest of Europe and most of the places they colonized hate the Brits?"

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20909 on: January 08, 2014, 11:02:33 pm »

"In the past, sure. But after World War II, we became best mates."
Pages: 1 ... 1392 1393 [1394] 1395 1396 ... 4748