Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 784 785 [786] 787 788 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 1010221 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #11775 on: April 12, 2014, 05:40:55 pm »

Wait, come to think of it, does the nature of the actual weapon actually matter? For example, does a sniper rifle gain penalties a close range due to its long barrel? Do pistols suffer from their weaker projectiles relative to rifles? Does using a scythe gain penalties due to scythes being gardening tools with an impractical shape for combat use? Do trained combatants gain penalties against scythes due to having no idea how to fight someone attacking them whilst wielding gardening tools with an impractical shape for combat use?
Did you read the TvTropes page for wielding scythes?
As a matter of fact, I haven't. I only ever use it to gain a brief summary on works of literature mentioned in other threads.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE
« Reply #11776 on: April 12, 2014, 05:46:43 pm »

Wait, come to think of it, does the nature of the actual weapon actually matter? For example, does a sniper rifle gain penalties a close range due to its long barrel? Do pistols suffer from their weaker projectiles relative to rifles? Does using a scythe gain penalties due to scythes being gardening tools with an impractical shape for combat use? Do trained combatants gain penalties against scythes due to having no idea how to fight someone attacking them whilst wielding gardening tools with an impractical shape for combat use?
As a matter of fact, I haven't. I only ever use it to gain a brief summary on works of literature mentioned in other threads.
Ah, well, you should read it. It did have some on the practical modifications to scythes. Also there is a book detailing how to fight with one if you look.

What'd I miss?

Also, Captain America:  Winter Soldier is a very good movie.
Agreed.
ROTMG: Not much IC or OOC.
KS: Might be taking requests for the next story.
KylexEveryone comedy subverted smut fic. It has to happen.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #11777 on: April 12, 2014, 05:47:50 pm »

Best way to adapt a scythe; stick pointy bit upwards.

@kj Possibly.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11778 on: April 12, 2014, 05:51:14 pm »

Then it's a war scythe which is a type of makeshift halberd rather than a gardening tool.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11779 on: April 12, 2014, 06:08:05 pm »

Wait, is the Order only attacking magic users? Or are they attacking supernatural creatures such as the flocks of dragons and the Grim Reaper?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11780 on: April 12, 2014, 06:08:12 pm »

random thought, HF blades cut things at molecular level. If you actually cut molecules at their bonds, you'll be creating a lot of free radicals. Free radicals cause cancer. So yeah, ICARUS blade causes cancer in those she cuts. Of course, this is usualy not the most prioritized concern for the victim...just a random thought
Um...do you care enough for me to point out the various issues with this?

Then it's a war scythe which is a type of makeshift halberd rather than a gardening tool.
"Makeshift"?

News vans arrive and attempt to fight their way through the impromptu police and gang barricades. Thankfully, the reporters don't get through yet. There are enough smartphones that the confrontation is making the rounds online, though.
Already? People are streaming this from their smartphones?

OBJECTION!
TL;DR: no one's getting out of there that easily.
That's pretty cool. Ainit the Innernet wunnerful?

((Busy writing KS RP fic, so might be less active.))
Thought you said KSP fic.
Aw.

((Ehhh, magical racism is overrated. Discriminating on skin color is one thing. Discriminating on the basis of being able to throw fireballs at you is a different matter entirely. xD))
Yeah. It makes sense.

Stella wants to do something about the Order, but is not very politically adept
The Order is in Brazil. Was--it dispersed--but still.

I made something. Thoughts?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #11781 on: April 12, 2014, 06:10:10 pm »

I will point out that no magic unless it is already cast is immune to having the caster shot.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #11782 on: April 12, 2014, 06:42:59 pm »

Pictures, vids, streaming, whatever it is it is a Big Deal.

Yes, yes the Internet is wonderful.
Also, did you see the news segment? I had fun writing that. And fun with Constanza's whole reaction to this in general.

EDIT: As an aside, yes, video of Constanza did get out there, albeit in low quality and more focused on the knights. Her hair is  still as atrocious ever, like Homura's style gone horribly horribly wrong. You might be able to recognize her from the fairly limited amount you saw back in...holy crap did we really have the Dumah plot only in February?!?!?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 06:54:36 pm by Twi »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11783 on: April 12, 2014, 06:50:29 pm »

"Makeshift"?
As in justification or definition?

Wait, is the Order only attacking magic users? Or are they attacking supernatural creatures such as the flocks of dragons and the Grim Reaper?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11784 on: April 12, 2014, 07:03:04 pm »

Oh also, just in case Ashley's katana's enchantment gets improperly overloaded or the Grim Reaper gets involved, does anyone know what happens to matter if quarks suddenly stopped exchanging gluons?

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #11785 on: April 12, 2014, 07:05:41 pm »

I do believe that is one of many ways for things to violently decompose at the microscopic level. So yeah, bad stuff. xD

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11786 on: April 12, 2014, 07:10:04 pm »

Would it effectively stop the Strong-Nuclear Force, thereby in atoms getting ripped apart by Electromagnetic Force? That's what I assumed would happen, but I'm not too sure about the effects on the quarks, whether they'd scatter in some sort of super-low temperature quark-gluon plasma, or just fly away in a vague approximation of their original formations.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #11787 on: April 12, 2014, 07:10:57 pm »

The strong nuclear force doesn't help much if the quarks stop being protons and neutrons, does it?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11788 on: April 12, 2014, 07:11:07 pm »

I will point out that no magic unless it is already cast is immune to having the caster shot.
Contingency.

"Makeshift"?
As in justification or definition?
I'd call it explanation, but justification works.

Oh also, just in case Ashley's katana's enchantment gets improperly overloaded or the Grim Reaper gets involved, does anyone know what happens to matter if quarks suddenly stopped exchanging gluons?
1. Why would this matter?
2. Why would you make something that does something you don't even have a guess what it would do? At least shoot an email to whatif@xkcd.com first...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #11789 on: April 12, 2014, 07:12:23 pm »

Pictures, vids, streaming, whatever it is it is a Big Deal.

Yes, yes the Internet is wonderful.
Also, did you see the news segment? I had fun writing that. And fun with Constanza's whole reaction to this in general.

EDIT: As an aside, yes, video of Constanza did get out there, albeit in low quality and more focused on the knights. Her hair is  still as atrocious ever, like Homura's style gone horribly horribly wrong. You might be able to recognize her from the fairly limited amount you saw back in...holy crap did we really have the Dumah plot only in February?!?!?

This post was directed at GWG. Mostly because Will. Also:

Pages: 1 ... 784 785 [786] 787 788 ... 1030