Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 624 625 [626] 627 628 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 1010581 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #9375 on: March 10, 2014, 05:37:46 pm »

you should think about some more boundary stuff, like what gods can do and what not, also, wether or not there is a hierarchy - many gods have the same domain, surely there'd be rivalries, or maybe some gods are simply one and the same entity, worshipped by different cultures

maybe there is stuff like primordeal overgods, who never leave the heavens, and actually do god stuff, rather than minor gods who walk around earth and waste their time making movies?
Anansi and Loki have a rivalry. I haven't had time to show it yet. As do Loki and Lucifer. And Anansi and Coyote, and Brer Rabbit.

There ARE Overgods like that, i.e Ouranos, Amatsu-Mikaboshi (although he's more Void-aligned, like Set), Apep, and other gods, which I am working on.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9376 on: March 10, 2014, 05:38:14 pm »

well, since Alucard is a void researcher, and Barti an actual creature from the void, I suppose it's not far of a stretch that he has at least some information on the lore I am about to bring in. I'll PM a low truth-content version of the lore to you tomorrowish

kthx

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #9377 on: March 10, 2014, 05:39:21 pm »

hey Nomad, if you'd have to assigned a few attributes that describe Barti, what would they be? Mostly, the outstanding negative attributes.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9378 on: March 10, 2014, 05:40:44 pm »

hey Nomad, if you'd have to assigned a few attributes that describe Barti, what would they be? Mostly, the outstanding negative attributes.
As in weaknesses or as in personality? Or both?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9379 on: March 10, 2014, 05:42:14 pm »

well, wether you want to call them weakness is yours to decide, just the kind of stuff that define him, personality and behaviour wise
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #9380 on: March 10, 2014, 05:58:02 pm »

Ooo! Ooo! Elf!
IF you decide to completely restart, can I do a scene with Ashley causing time shenanigans because:
1. It can actually happen due to void
and 2. It's a cooler way than "okay, let's restart"
:3
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9381 on: March 10, 2014, 05:58:32 pm »

Magic
Bartimaeus has an incredibly good memory, as he can shapeshift into someone after a single glance. He has trouble shapeshifting into detailed smaller things (as demonstrated when he attempted to shapeshift into a Fingerling), and can't shapeshift into subcellular things.
He also cannot shapeshift into large things such as dragons without a really large amount of magic.
Unlike Alucard, his teleportation skills aren't limited. Alucard's teleportation is only limited because he actually needs Bartimaeus to do so, and that he has phasing access to the Other Place.
Aside from shapeshifting into other creatures, he can take the form as objects and plants too. He can shapeshift into the magic sword 'Voidcrosser' which Alucard uses at times.

Personality
Bartimaeus is often humorous and extroverted, quite unlike Alucard who rarely jokes around and is very secretive. Despite his extrovertedness, he keeps his and Alucard's secrets to themselves and will often remind Alucard to keep quiet. He and Alucard share a faint master-servant relationship alongside their partnership, as Alucard often tells Bartimaeus to bring him his wine or to haul stuff from his storage vault in an IRIS complex.
He has been with Alucard for most of Alucard's life, and can form major synergy with their attacks when combined. Their partnership is mutual, as Bartimaeus needs Alucard to enter the material world and Alucard needs Bartimaeus to perform many of his powerful attacks (eg. the inferno, the surge, and others).

TLDR; Bartimaeus has trouble shapeshifting into tiny things and larger things, and is humorous and extroverted except when it comes to Alucard's secrets.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9382 on: March 10, 2014, 05:58:46 pm »

If I do, which I probably won't, I'll do a reboot with new characters.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9383 on: March 10, 2014, 06:00:39 pm »

and the *negative* sides?

then again, not really all that necessary, I've observed a few things in-game that narrow barti down right between two domains....muehuehuheuhe

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9384 on: March 10, 2014, 06:02:28 pm »

If you do, please this. A large factor that drove me away from these games was the unending monotony of the characters and settings. A change up might inspire me to rejoin.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #9385 on: March 10, 2014, 06:05:30 pm »

If you do, please this. A large factor that drove me away from these games was the unending monotony of the characters and settings. A change up might inspire me to rejoin.
Marie objects to this 'unending' line. :P

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9386 on: March 10, 2014, 06:06:26 pm »

Marie objects to this 'unending' line. :P
You never were in the game anyway :P except as MetaDarnos, who generally only appeared to snark about everything.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9387 on: March 10, 2014, 06:09:05 pm »

Well, I more meant these types of games. Nothing happens in them.
And yes I know there's plots and such in them, but from my experience they're ignored by half the cast and never really have any lasting effect on the participants anyway.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #9388 on: March 10, 2014, 06:09:18 pm »

You know, I wouldn't mind a new setting and new characters...
Have you considered having a couple co-GMs and doing a reboot yourself, Elf?
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #9389 on: March 10, 2014, 06:10:37 pm »

Well, we TRIED to blow up Maria's house, but Elf wasn't okay with that.

Although I do agree the crunchwork in that was just awful. And the actions of Shys'm Caes seemed forced.
Pages: 1 ... 624 625 [626] 627 628 ... 1030