Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 514 515 [516] 517 518 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 1010044 times)

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #7725 on: February 19, 2014, 11:23:11 pm »

I personally think CamillexRichard has been the most tragic ship, really.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #7726 on: February 19, 2014, 11:24:22 pm »

It seems more like a comedy relief ship but then I don't know the history of it.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #7727 on: February 19, 2014, 11:26:42 pm »

Basics of what I know (some may be wrong):
Camille supposedly died.
Richard was depressed and went through the multiverse at some point and ended up in this one.
He went under a different name and lived in sorrow of her not being alive.
Then she happened to be revived and he didn't know (?)
And then Marie asked Phyllis to bring her here, and that happened.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7728 on: February 19, 2014, 11:31:08 pm »

Not all that tragic really. At least not now.

KylexAshley is one person loving another who most likely will never feel the same way.

Which make me wonder if given the agreed upon canon of the afterlife makes me wonder what happens with Kyle if his sole thought on where he'll go is 'anywhere my friends go'.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7729 on: February 20, 2014, 01:13:27 am »

I've been thinking about joining this for a while now, is there anything in particular I need to know before I can create a character?
Let's see...
-Ignoring the OOC helps.
-Ignoring the incredibly inconsistent lore helps as well (especially because the GM didn't write most of it and probably isn't aware of or disagrees with a large chunk of it).
-Having an asexual character also helps.
-People don't seem to care, for whatever reason, about descriptions too much. I've mainly been seeing overt labeling as "cute" or "upset" and whatnot rather than describing body language and expressions whilst letting people come to their own interpretations.
-There is an overly large quantity of characters.
-Most of the characters are not necessarily straight (rather irritatingly enough the female cast seems to be far more dispositioned towards this, which does rase certain concerns).
-Players may lie about their rolls so when running any sort of plot, it's best to do the rolls yourself.
-Players tend to argue their character's view in the OOC for some reason, putting the actual RP quantity in doubt.
-@Empiricist is cynical and this advice notably affects that.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 01:15:13 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #7730 on: February 20, 2014, 02:13:24 am »

So if in a couple weeks I disappear from the forums it's because I've gone and gotten myself addicted to Smite.

I mean, more than I already am disappeared.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7731 on: February 20, 2014, 02:15:52 am »

So if in a couple weeks I disappear from the forums it's because I've gone and gotten myself addicted to Smite.

On top of everything else, you get Smited? *Facepalm*
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7732 on: February 20, 2014, 02:17:17 am »

You know, when people start mentioning getting addicted to something or other of which I possess no knowledge of, I like to envision what sort of hypothetical illicit substance would possess that as a street name :P

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #7733 on: February 20, 2014, 02:25:47 am »

On top of everything else, you get Smited? *Facepalm*

SCYLLA IS ADORABLE, DON'T JUDGE ME. :<
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #7734 on: February 20, 2014, 02:26:37 am »

You know, when people start mentioning getting addicted to something or other of which I possess no knowledge of, I like to envision what sort of hypothetical illicit substance would possess that as a street name :P

:3

Substance that gives magical powers in return for draining of physical and mental energy, called Smite because you can Smite people?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7735 on: February 20, 2014, 02:31:17 am »

:3

Substance that gives magical powers in return for draining of physical and mental energy, called Smite because you can Smite people?
No, I was thinking more of some sort of mundane substance that causes a calamitous high followed quickly by a catastrophic crash as if reaching ecstasy of altitudes of such great magnitudes that, like the Tower of Babylon, almost as if by divine intervention, the user is spiked back down into the curb for their grand folly.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #7736 on: February 20, 2014, 02:37:47 am »

That works well too.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7737 on: February 20, 2014, 07:08:57 am »

KylexAshley is most tragic ship.
Why? Just because the ship itself is dead doesn't make it tragic.

KylexAshley is one person loving another who most likely will never feel the same way.
A little unrequited love doesn't make a ship tragic, either.
And if it does, AngelxAlistair is sadder, because Angel's never going to age so A. they'll never have another (non-creepy) chance and B. Angel's not likely to find anyone else. On the other hand, KylexAshley is still hypothetically possible some time down the road and, let's face it, Kyle has no love-interest shortage.

I've been thinking about joining this for a while now, is there anything in particular I need to know before I can create a character?
Let's see...
-Ignoring the OOC helps.
-Ignoring the incredibly inconsistent lore helps as well (especially because the GM didn't write most of it and probably isn't aware of or disagrees with a large chunk of it).
-Having an asexual character also helps.
-People don't seem to care, for whatever reason, about descriptions too much. I've mainly been seeing overt labeling as "cute" or "upset" and whatnot rather than describing body language and expressions whilst letting people come to their own interpretations.
-There is an overly large quantity of characters.
-Most of the characters are not necessarily straight (rather irritatingly enough the female cast seems to be far more dispositioned towards this, which does rase certain concerns).
-Players may lie about their rolls so when running any sort of plot, it's best to do the rolls yourself.
-Players tend to argue their character's view in the OOC for some reason, putting the actual RP quantity in doubt.
-@Empiricist is cynical and this advice notably affects that.
My thoughts on the advice:
-The OOC can help explain things, at least skim it.
-The lore is inconsistent as hell, but it's there and you should try to follow it. Or at least be aware of it, so Ashley doesn't drop something in the Void to destroy it or something.
-Indeed.
-Yeah...eh.
-Is there an English word that means "yes" but more so?
-Well, most of the characters period are female. Kyle seems to be bi, and both Lyle and Mallory seem to be at least bicurious, so...the percentages might more or less work out?
-I don't think it happens often, so...yeah, roll important rolls, but little things are fine to let be. Especially if they can just try again.
-I don't see how. I mean, A. it helps explain unusual actions and B. it should not in any way mean that you and your character are alike.
-Indeed you are. You also don't play that much.
Further advice:
-Elf may be the GM, technically, but he gives the duties to everyone else.
-When putting together your character's backstory, keep murder to a minimum. The last two characters (Hai and Jac) to not do so caused quite a stir over it.
-Don't feel afraid to be silly, there's probably someone who out-sillies you.
-If you've entered adolescence and have a skirt, stay away from Kyle.

That sounds like fun, even with things you DO know about.

No, I was thinking more of some sort of mundane substance that causes a calamitous high followed quickly by a catastrophic crash as if reaching ecstasy of altitudes of such great magnitudes that, like the Tower of Babylon, almost as if by divine intervention, the user is spiked back down into the curb for their grand folly.
Ooh, poetic.

The other two main characters found the bad guy's size changing gun and now the two giant girls are fighting with blades of grass.
Two main characters were fighting earlier.
There are two other main characters, finding the size-changing gun.
The total is three main characters.
Math does not work.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #7738 on: February 20, 2014, 07:11:15 am »

I've been trying to craft a potential handwave for the high school AU thing that results in an aged-up Angel, and the only thing I can think of involves Nuriel becoming a President of Hell, Andras being exiled, Andromalius giving no shits and Lucifer himself wondering what the fuck just happened.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7739 on: February 20, 2014, 07:12:46 am »

So bitch slapping a major demon until it breaks isn't an option?
Pages: 1 ... 514 515 [516] 517 518 ... 1030