Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 426 427 [428] 429 430 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 1013022 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #6405 on: February 08, 2014, 12:40:04 am »

Time doesn't exist thouth it's-
MEH MEH MEH MEH...

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6406 on: February 08, 2014, 12:41:29 am »

MEH MEH MEH MEH...
Wow there friend you need to slow down.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6407 on: February 08, 2014, 12:41:31 am »

If it makes absolutely no sense, then I did my job well :D
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6408 on: February 08, 2014, 12:49:21 am »

MEH MEH MEH MEH...
Wow there friend you need to slow down.
If you like that one McClay-Senpai then you shoud check out SA. /shamelessselfpromotion

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6409 on: February 08, 2014, 01:13:43 am »

Wait come to think of it, how does the universe handle paradoxes?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6410 on: February 08, 2014, 01:16:51 am »

I like the immeadeat fixing idea.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6411 on: February 08, 2014, 05:00:43 am »

Yes, but if you had time travel, you probably wouldn't want to travel to the end of the universe.
Isn't the Fate travel required for the time travel?

What?
No, Who.
What's on second. Also, he's a baseball player.

Meh, technically Void could do it too, for the same reason. Time doesn't really exist there other than that you expect it to.
Not anymore. By the decree of @Elf, time travel in either direction is impossible. Experiencing realistic time dilation is still possible though.

@Ragnarok, is that collective unconscious form stuff only for void entities? Or would the denizens of The Twilight be affected as well?

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #6412 on: February 08, 2014, 05:05:26 am »

Twilight Is Weird.

Some MIGHT take forms like that.

others might not.

You really can't hold anything as a constant with them.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6413 on: February 08, 2014, 05:06:49 am »

Okay good. Because otherwise, there would be a bunnycat running around offering affordable home loans to little girls.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6414 on: February 08, 2014, 08:31:30 am »

Yes, but if you had time travel, you probably wouldn't want to travel to the end of the universe.
Isn't the Fate travel required for the time travel?
Hell no! It's accessible by people with the required perception via time travel. It contributes nothing to time travel except perhaps as something @Elf could use to lolnope time travel abuse.
Oh, I had it backwards.
Suddenly less interested.

Okay good. Because otherwise, there would be a bunnycat running around offering affordable home loans to little girls.
Sounds hilarious.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #6415 on: February 08, 2014, 09:14:14 am »

maaaaaaaaaaaaaassive lore post PMd to Elf. Better appreciate :P

also, I forgot to send the PM to myself, so maybe re-PM it to me, so I can just copypaste stuff when needed, rather than rewrite all that
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6416 on: February 08, 2014, 11:09:02 am »

hmm, because it's probably relevant, I'll copy something into here immediatly

The workings of accupuncture

Knowledge of the lay of the puncture points alongside a Meridian that form the astral body is just half the rent - they are the factor that directs the effect, but not the activation method - which is why the bit of accupuncture humans learned from the sparse contact with fingerlings in ancient history is mostly useless. To bring a system out of balance, or to return it to balance, more Chi needs to be added, and a needle is a useful conductor. Upon piercing a meridian, the user must pump amounts of their own Chi into the foreign system, which is what causes the imbalance. The greater the amount of Chi transfered in relation to the natural Chi of the target, the greater the effect. So while using 10 Mana might just cause a small numbness to a target that possesses 500+ Mana, the same target becomes so much more susceptible once it has used up a lot of Mana. The very same target, towards the end of combat, having exhausted a good amount of Mana on various spells and superpowers and whatnot, will suddenly find accupressure to be extremely dangerous. With only 200 Mana left, 10 Mana points in accupressure could easily paralyze the entire upper body. If a target has used up all Mana, even small amounts of Mana can throw the system that much into unbalance that it may very well kill that target on the spot. The duration of the effect varies mostly on the bodies ability to cope with the unbalance - that is to say, a mind roll. If the mind roll to resist the effect upon introductions is passed (as per standard game mechanics), there may be no effect at all. The effect then persists for a while depending on how much mana was introduced, and how much the initial mind roll failed. Enemies who are able to actually identify what is going on, and have a great enough controle over their body, could try to purge the foreign mana through sheer willpower - however the concentration needed to do that is enormous (decent DC, vulnerable while doing so), and if failed, could just end up purging your own mana. If the foreign mana is left alone to do it's thing, it's risky to use your own mana for spells and superpowers, as it will only further tip the scale towards the effect - the numbness that you previously barely noticed may start to spread, and paralyze you eventually. The foreign Mana is of course useless for the target - it's hard enough to use your own mana to cast spell, entirely foreign mana is incredibly hard to controle. Enemies with abilities that focus on draining enemy mana might be able to make use of this mana though.

An entirely different kind of effect is the Chi-leak, which exists in two variants:

The external Chi leak: An accupressure point is opened outwards, and is held open by the foreign Mana that was introduced into the target, letting Mana slowly escape - the victim will lose Mana overtime. Unlike effect-based accupressure, this does not create an imbalance, so it's not getting more effective the less Mana a target has, but in fact, is more effective on targets that have a lot of mana -imagine it like water pressure. If there is lot's of Mana in the body, it will flow out faster than if there is little, in other words, the mana lost every round is % based, the percentage that escapes depends on the foreign mana introduced (I am thinking something about 5% medium, less would make hardly a difference, more would seem OP). As above, the duration depends on the compared mind roll upon activation, and the whole can actively be closed, given that you notice what is going on and have a somewhat decent understanding of the matter.

the internal Chi leak: Chi does more than just act as fuel for fireblasts, it also directs pretty much all processes in your body, and sustains them. The Mana in your list is just the excess Mana that can be used freely, and while using it will exhaust you, it will not actually interfer with, say, your heartbeat. Thats why it's possible to cast stuff using HP instead - it draws from your essential Mana pool, thus could potentially kill you if you overdo it. The internal Chi-leak aims at the internal circuit (high DC, this shit is difficult), and once successful, redirects essential chi (HP) into the excess chi (mana) pool. That is to say, your HP will slowly turn into MP until the leak is fixed, slowly shutting your bodies essential functions down. This is a very serious wound, as directly controling your essential Mana pool is rather difficult. The DC to actively close the wound is much higher as with normal chi afflictions. Targets whith very low mind have a relatively high chance of not even noticing the effect - and more or less die of internal bleeding

((Ratios as shown here made up, @Elf feel free interpret sensible ratios on your own for the scale of the effect, but keep in mind the general small effect - big cause thought. Imagine an old fashioned scale. It doesn't take all that much to tip it. So try to keep in mind the current categories, 50+ Mana is a noticable debuff, even at full HP. The entire combat style is aimed at slowly wittling the target down, and accupuncture perfectly suited to be a weapon of attrition))
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6417 on: February 08, 2014, 02:51:41 pm »

so, elf seal of approval for the million lore stuffs?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #6418 on: February 08, 2014, 02:54:39 pm »

so, elf seal of approval for the million lore stuffs?
Approved, but I reserve my veto hammer for anything that appears OP in practice if not in theory.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6419 on: February 08, 2014, 03:24:40 pm »

and all the non hainuwele related stuff?
Pages: 1 ... 426 427 [428] 429 430 ... 1030