Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 1010986 times)

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #5145 on: January 31, 2014, 09:51:13 pm »

Nah. Speciesism.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #5146 on: January 31, 2014, 09:51:45 pm »

Oh, but what makes us believe we are sentient? (He said not expecting an answer.)

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5147 on: January 31, 2014, 09:53:05 pm »

Oh, but what makes us believe we are sentient? (He said not expecting an answer.)
...I will hit you.  :P
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #5148 on: January 31, 2014, 09:55:22 pm »

No you wont.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5149 on: January 31, 2014, 09:55:43 pm »

No you wont.
Indeed. Also get on IRC you butt!
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5150 on: January 31, 2014, 11:12:07 pm »

((it may be password protected, the fleeing security guard just didn't log out because he was, well, fleeing?))
The guards must be crazy. Geez, can you imagine what could happen if someone just waltzed in with some malicious intent? At the very least, it should log out after a minute or two of inactivity. If normal computers do that...

[MIND:47] Wolf would have also come to the same conclusion as Will, it was a magical explosion, not a bomb. There was a difference in smell.
Stupid canine doesn't roll half as well but gets exactly as much as the guy with problem-solving powers...

((yes, that dragon thing will totaly reduce the panic..))
You have to admit, it won't make things worse.

"A very small fraction of my time, surprisingly enough."
Ester raises an eyebrow and gives Tobias a poke, "Obviously a lie, seeing as you're a boy and all." She starts giggling again.
If that wasn't an IC view I would be offended!

Twi returns from dinner. He pesters GWG because bleh.
At the time of pestering, I was at work.
Since the shift ended, I was attempting to forum while watching The Incredibles. Incredibly, this was not successful and lead to stalling of forumwork.

Ashley is practicing her violin because OH HEY, NOBODY MENTIONED ANYTHING TO THE TELEPORTER.
Aside from the obvious evidence of the explosion, which could be felt at the house, we've been mind-chattering about it on open channels for a good while.
Geez, do we need to hold Ashley's hand too?

((For all she knows, it could be Kyle testing a weapon. Nobody actually told her what was going on.
1. "Kyle's caused an explosion again? No need to worry. Or investigate in case I'm wrong. Or even check to make sure that things are actually safe. How much damage could an explosion do to a building?"
2. Again, mind-chatter.

Besides, she was probably 'asleep'.))
...Right before noon.
Dude, we need to fix her "sleep" patterns.

Damn it, Sanure. In real life, it's true that nukes and meteors are the only things likely to make mushroom clouds and blast shadows.
And? Sure. But fire storms, IIRC, make perfectly good mushroom clouds.
And the fact that I don't remember what fire storms are means I've almost certainly remembered that tidbit wrong. Dammit.

I... don't see what any of that means but I guess I'm with Kyle in the whole 'okay that was fun time to leave' thing.
...This makes me upset just slightly.
Indeed.

The entire point of plot is to characterize and develop characters.
Whereas in a normal story the point of the characters is to create and develop the plot.

Hey, at least it makes me less uncomfortable than Brave New World. That got me nopenopenoping within like the first five pages.
Why? Which part was the first five pages?

Manticores aren't animals...
Are they sentient?
Are they inanimate?

...Humans are under the Animalia Kingdom. Humans ARE animals. They are also mammals, and I forget all the other taxonomy crap for humans, but eh.
Eukaryota, Animalia, Chordata, Mammalia, Primate (don't think there's a fancy Latin name for that), Hominidae, Homo, sapiens, sapeins.
*double-checks*
Or Eukaryota, Opisthokonta, Metazoa, Eumetazoa, Bilateria, Deuterostomia, Chordata, Craniata, Vertebrata, Gnathostomata, Teleostomi, Euteleostomi, Sarcopterygii,  Dipnotetrapodomorpha, Tetrapoda, Amniota, Mammalia, Theria, Eutheria, Euarchontoglires, Primates, Haplorrhini, Simiiformes, Catarrhini, Hominoidea, Hominidae, Homininae, Homo, sapiens, sapiens, if you want all the suborders and superfamilies and stuff.

We have language, advanced technology, and the capacity to contemplate sentience.
We're pretty damn sentient.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #5151 on: January 31, 2014, 11:17:49 pm »

Yuri is like magical Batman.

With sufficient preparation time, she will track down a major criminal with a smartphone armed with google maps and a stick of chalk.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #5152 on: January 31, 2014, 11:19:11 pm »

Eh, Ashley doesn't need to sleep really. Occasionally she'll make herself unconscious to pass the time, but she can't exactly feel anything as she does this. Also, she blocked everyone except Conny and Richard, up until after Kyle moved, then she added him to the exception list. Then finally after Marie and Conny told her, she unblocked everybody.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5153 on: January 31, 2014, 11:20:12 pm »

With sufficient preparation time, she will track down a major criminal with a smartphone armed with google maps and a stick of chalk.
And magic.

Which kinda ruins a lot of the appeal of the original Batman: That he is the only "normal" in a team of superpowered individuals, and is capable of holding his own.

Hey Elf, how many points would someone with no magic whatsoever get?

Eh, Ashley doesn't need to sleep really. Occasionally she'll make herself unconscious to pass the time, but she can't exactly feel anything as she does this. Also, she blocked everyone except Conny and Richard, up until after Kyle moved, then she added him to the exception list. Then finally after Kyle and Conny told her, she unblocked everybody.
You can hardly blame anyone for not waking her up then, seeing as...they can't. (Ref. bolded bits)

Also, it was Marie that alerted her.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #5154 on: January 31, 2014, 11:21:41 pm »

And magic.

Which kinda ruins a lot of the appeal of the original Batman: That he is the only "normal" in a team of superpowered individuals, and is capable of holding his own.

Hey Elf, how many points would someone with no magic whatsoever get?

Eh, Ashley doesn't need to sleep really. Occasionally she'll make herself unconscious to pass the time, but she can't exactly feel anything as she does this. Also, she blocked everyone except Conny and Richard, up until after Kyle moved, then she added him to the exception list. Then finally after Kyle and Conny told her, she unblocked everybody.
You can hardly blame anyone for not waking her up then, seeing as...they can't. (Ref. bolded bits)

Also, it was Marie that alerted her.

However many Tori gets.

He doesn't have any magic, he's just a REDICULOUSLY badass swordsman with REALLY awesome weapons.
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #5155 on: January 31, 2014, 11:25:31 pm »

Conny was perfectly able to contact her through bracelet. Or Kyle, for that matter. She can receive bracelet messages while she's "asleep."
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5156 on: January 31, 2014, 11:30:30 pm »

Um, what are Yuri's stats? I think her sheet is outdated.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #5157 on: January 31, 2014, 11:34:49 pm »

... No, it's really not. She's only ever gained three stats since catching her up.

She doesn't fight much and that's all you get XP for.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #5158 on: January 31, 2014, 11:37:19 pm »

She still has 30 MIND, Emp. She has like, a 10% chance of failure already. And with no pressure she could probably autosucceed.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5159 on: January 31, 2014, 11:43:21 pm »

Yeah, but there's was a bit in which @Elf set every single form character's stat total to 75 so that the new players weren't at a disadvantage. Yuri has at least 75 stats in total.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want
Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 1030