Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 636 637 [638] 639 640 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 1011189 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #9555 on: March 15, 2014, 08:04:45 am »

The Moon also looks like a star. It's a shiny ball of light. So do the planets and asteroids. Should we call all those stars, too?

If we're going to call it an inaccurate name, what's the point of having a descriptive name at all?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9556 on: March 15, 2014, 08:06:20 am »

Guys, look, Pichus.

Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #9557 on: March 15, 2014, 08:14:28 am »

the moon is much bigger than a star, and as it can be seen in the actual stars, won't be confused for stars

as for planets and asteroids, well guess what, they actually have been described as wandering and falling stars, respectively.

Why a descriptive but not 100% accurate name? Well, firstly, as Emp said earlier. Void is not empty, wallstreet is neither a street nor a wall nor in anyway connected to the actual wallstreet, Fate falls utterly short of describing the name, and secondly, I already explained several times, it's flavour text for crying out loud. Refer to an earlier post, when an astronomer enters this plane, he is certainly not going to call it "wall of sparkly spheres". Nor would he suddenly make up a mumbojumbo name and call it Ablublubu.

the point is simply flavour. we are talking about the edge of the cosmos here, a bit of poetic sense is not uncalled for.

But fine, have it your way, the new Canon name is Wall of GWGs irritation.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9558 on: March 15, 2014, 09:45:01 am »

the moon is much bigger than a star, and as it can be seen in the actual stars, won't be confused for stars
as for planets and asteroids, well guess what, they actually have been described as wandering and falling stars, respectively.
Congratulations on completely missing the point, especially with the second half there!

Why a descriptive but not 100% accurate name? Well, firstly, as Emp said earlier. Void is not empty, wallstreet is neither a street nor a wall nor in anyway connected to the actual wallstreet, Fate falls utterly short of describing the name, and secondly, I already explained several times, it's flavour text for crying out loud. Refer to an earlier post, when an astronomer enters this plane, he is certainly not going to call it "wall of sparkly spheres". Nor would he suddenly make up a mumbojumbo name and call it Ablublubu.
the point is simply flavour. we are talking about the edge of the cosmos here, a bit of poetic sense is not uncalled for.
Poetic sense that doesn't completely go against what it is. What's wrong with "Wall of Light" or "The Edge of the World" or something poetic but also accurate?

But fine, have it your way, the new Canon name is Wall of GWGs irritation.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9559 on: March 15, 2014, 09:50:53 am »

nothing wrong with that, feel welcome to just shit all over the lore I've been writing for the last 8 years, I don't mind.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9560 on: March 15, 2014, 10:15:13 am »

:/
Black lives matter.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9561 on: March 15, 2014, 10:20:08 am »

nothing wrong with that, feel welcome to just shit all over the lore I've been writing for the last 8 years for something completely different, I don't mind.
Not to mention that when you're trying to guilt me into feeling bad over deconstructing your arguments, you're pretty much admitting you've run out of argument.
Sig

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9562 on: March 15, 2014, 10:21:43 am »

Or it's just tjat the arguing is pointless and a name is just a name. Who cares if it's called the Wall of stars? It's just a name. Stop picking pointless fights with people GWG.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #9563 on: March 15, 2014, 10:24:37 am »

Or it's just tjat the arguing is pointless and a name is just a name. Who cares if it's called the Wall of stars? It's just a name. Stop picking pointless fights with people GWG.
This so fucking much.

Seriously, can I go for two hours to play a game of Civ/TF2 WITHOUT seeing an argument?

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9564 on: March 15, 2014, 10:26:04 am »

Now, who wants a picture of an adorable bunny eating a carrot?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #9565 on: March 15, 2014, 10:26:37 am »

OMG that's adorable!

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9566 on: March 15, 2014, 10:27:17 am »

The wonders of a google search.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #9567 on: March 15, 2014, 10:30:37 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That's really sweet, here is another cute bunny picture to add to the mix.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 10:50:40 am by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9568 on: March 15, 2014, 10:31:42 am »

That's really sweet, here is my own cute bunny to add to the mix.

D'aaaaawwwww

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9569 on: March 15, 2014, 10:47:32 am »

it's not an arguement you ignorant asshole, there is no right and wrong about this in any sense, I stated several times that I chose the name simply because I think it's a nice name, that fits nicely into the lore, and is purposefully chosen over accurate names. You continueing to call it stupid is offensive, and if I didn't have respect for Elf and this game continueing, I'd be raging rather hard. Yes right now I am moderating myself. This is stuff I dedicated so much time on, and you just keep "deconstructing the arguement" as if it was actually something broken that needs fixing, just because you don't like it? STOP. Don't do that. I've not been stomping all over the (and there are many) small things I find rather stupid and inconsistent with you dragon lore either, instead I even added to it constructively (black and violet dragons, light and darkness as elements, my idea, coming as a result on me wondering and PMing GWG about why there were no black dragons). And here you are, rubbing your opinion nazi dong all over such a tiny, unimportant and utterly inconsequential detail. And I was even trying to cooperate at first, offering you alternative names, and encouraging you to come up with your own names. but nope, you chose to just continue to ridicule the one name given. Nobody else in the thread gives a damn on how it's called, and seriously, that's the right thing to do.

I mean, seriously, this thread is a big group project. People add lore left and right (under the condition that Elf approves of it), and continue to do so almost every week, latest example, suddenly there's Steampunk Enhanced monstergirls from (I assume) space landing in all capitals of the world. And you know why this patchwork of a thread works? Because people here are welcoming to various kinds of new lore, to the point where almost every player has contributed to it. Because we are not assholes. So please, STOP being such an unwelcoming nagger. I don't tell you how to run hell, I don't tell you how to run dragons, and you know why, because hey, Your freaking avatar is the great golden dragon. I don't have to think twice to assume that the entire dragon lore is something you enjoy, and have put thought in, and where your imagination might trail off to on long train rides to pass the time. I'd feel like an asshole if I told you that it was stupid. The same goes to the stuff anyone else is adding. Rather than insulting it at the first moment I don't like it, I'd much rather learn more about it. Eventhough some of the lores in this game are seriously...questionable. I'd never spent so much time and effort on whatever it is even is that you are trying to accomplish here.

Right from the beginning of your nagging, I immediatly said why yes, this place has many names from different origins, feel free to add your own if the current selection does not appeal to you. But nope, you kept going on about how stupid and inaccurate the name was, so there I went, explaining exactly who and when and why it was named that way.

But nope, you keep going and going.

WHY?

Seriously?

Because your names are so much better than mine? Why do you even CARE? I already said, pick whatever name you like and it's canon. For fucks sake.

Also, because 7 new replies have been posted since I started writing this, have the best pic I have of my cat. Yes, it is the best pic. She hates the camera for some reason, it#s hard to get a pic. But come on, dem vampire teeth :3
Pages: 1 ... 636 637 [638] 639 640 ... 1030