Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: OOC-Thread - The 7th Courtly Battle of the Underworld  (Read 3013 times)

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The 7th Courtly Battle of the Underworld - Starting this Friday (6/~8+)
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2013, 05:20:29 pm »

though, are we allowed to trade souls and troops amongst eachother?

Well, as you only can enlist troops of your own race, somewhat sparingly - but sure. Let's say that there is someone on the open market - where the current courtial rules do not aply - that would be able and willing to do so, for a fee of ~3 Soul per troop.

Let it be noted that items will be traded between the courtiers personally, but any movement of troops needs a target. As in, one of your footholds. Which you might want to keep a tad secret, lest your "trading partner" sends his troops for another kind of hand-over instead.

Else, let me get the right section, there;
Quote from: Me
Binding Pacts;
Devils are no strangers to these - To avoid easy "Alliances", those are out. Else they can be anything percieveably possible within game and rp mechanics. Their dissolvement takes time - as in, oh jolly, 1 Round.  :P
Note that every other player-interaction is not binding! You can break an un-bound alliance on the fly, with no repercussions involved. Also note that the other Courtier needs to agree to the pact - on the "normal" PM to me. Everything else is just RP. The same goes for any kind of trade, or whatever agreements you (may not want to) come up with.
How else would we get to the juicy fun of betrayal? I beg of you.
You can have your safety, and binding pacts could be anything withing game and rp-mechanics, except alliances. Note however that they take one of the precious courtier-actions to form, as to balance this almost unfair boon of honesty.

I also except great deals of deceit in the Soon-to-be-formed RP-Thread. Things like calling out a wrong block as the base of the wrong guy, or just misleading someone to attack that neutral province that he currently should not be able to hold, prompting you to swipe it for yourself...
Be as creative as you want!  :P

Edit: Linky sent.  :o

His guide is actually among the first 4 or so when you try to search for pixel-art guides. Doubt I would have stumbled upon it otherwise. Well, guess thats shook for ya.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 07:33:06 pm by escaped lurker »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: The 7th Courtly Battle of the Underworld - Accepting Applications (5/8+)
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2013, 07:23:53 pm »

To give credit where it's due, my interest stemmed mainly from solterfuges "blunderbuss", and cheesecakes recent work "birth". Most coincidentaly, I also stumbled upon a guide about pixelart by shook - wich was the most in-depth by far. Funny how these things work.
Want. Linky. Linky want plox. :o

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2013, 06:40:41 pm »

Are we still beginning today? ^^

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2013, 03:02:51 am »

Are we still beginning today? ^^

.. Yeah, this went not as planned. I wanted to do so in the evening, but let's say that the afternoon-intake of whiskey was not in my original calculations, and after that these only went further astray. ><

Bu~t. It's up now! Yay!

Link to the IC-Thread

This is now officially the OOC-Thread. Be warned that this is also somewhat of a test-run, and a few number of subjects within the game may be subject to change. You obviously will be warned beforehand, should such things happen.

On that note, PM's with each ones randomized Location, Skill and Spell will be shipped out shortly.

Edit:

Done so. Take note that you might want to give your commands to me in private. Please keep it to a single PM if possible - any questions are more than welcome. Best even in this thread, unless you would give out precious information by doing so. :P
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 03:31:04 am by escaped lurker »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: OOC-Thread - The 7th Courtly Battle of the Underworld
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2013, 08:14:03 pm »

Is it still possible to get in?

What kind of time commitment would this require?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2013, 08:20:01 pm »

Is it still possible to get in?

What kind of time commitment would this require?
Well, I wager one-a-three more will make things only more devious on the players. Which is a good thing, at least for this one. :P
So, since I am still waiting for some messages, you can feel free to make a courtier for yourself, GWG.

As for time commitment, well.. I guess we will get another turn every odd number of days, depending on the activity of the players. Unless or untill you have a multitude of footholds, there would also not be that much work involved - I would suggest you read the rules on the first page and see for yourself... Most of the real "complicated" stuff stays behind the scenes.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2013, 11:24:02 pm »

Thought i might add a dashing physical description to my character sheet, as suggested.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2013, 01:41:12 am »

New Turn is up - You will recieve your turns in short order. To note, there have been slight changes, because I found something more satisfactory for the attributes / overthought them because of items. Which still need a bit of work, as I would dislike loopholes.

Changelog
After reconsidering how Attributes are influencing the Courtiers, I have taken out „Mana“ and „Stamina“. It is replaced by a more comprehensive system – Exhaustion.

Exhaustion:
Your Courtier releases extensive energies while fighting – after 10 Rounds of using Magick, or 15 Rounds of  physical combat, he will become exhausted in that category. He will only deal half the damage after that. Should the other means of attack be more efficient as a result of that, he will however automatically switch to it.

In that vein, two abilities have been changed / replaced.
-Meditation - Your Magick refills faster.
-Devourer of Souls - You are able to devour soul to regain magick, or gain additional Magic Action Points.
These are now the following;
-Battlemage – You have a good chance of gaining another spell at „Full Power“, unless already exhausted.
-Devourer of Souls - You are able to devour soul to gain additional Magic Action Points, or once a turn for an additonal permanent point in Magick.
As the previous "Default-Action" for Spell-Action was to regenerate Mana, those that choose it will obviously be able to retro-spectively re-choose for this turn.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2013, 02:47:33 am »

Noticed something. In skills you said two racials skill each, but demons and beasts don't seem to have any.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2013, 04:33:11 pm »

Noticed something. In skills you said two racials skill each, but demons and beasts don't seem to have any.

I believe you are mistaken, they are there in the skills section. ^^

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2013, 04:44:30 pm »

Riight. I DIT CERTAINLY NOT ADD THEM OR ANYTHING. AHEM.

Joke aside - I really thought I had worked them out that way. Thought. Well, Beasts only had 1, and Demons none. Fixed now. ;o

Edit: You do? Neither did I mention it, and Front-posts get edited frequently anyways. Especially with me still working on some finer points of this one.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 07:45:21 pm by escaped lurker »

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2013, 07:41:21 pm »

Riight. I DIT CERTAINLY NOT ADD THEM OR ANYTHING. AHEM.

Joke aside - I really thought I had worked them out that way. Thought. Well, Beasts only had 1, and Demons none. Fixed now. ;o

Well don't i look silly XD

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2013, 09:49:47 pm »

Oh, how exactly do soul essences work?

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2013, 09:59:36 pm »

Oh, how exactly do soul essences work?

+1 Attribute - Thus they obviously come in 4 varieties. They ought to cost 15 Soul on the "open market", but I still need to bring that one in, as I would need to do with the crafting of smit and chantery. Next turn, I say. ;o

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2013, 08:34:42 pm »

Allright, the road officially hates me by now, or at least in that regard. Laptop broken for the second time, this time the screen. Never buy a second hand laptop >>. No, really.

Well, since I still am waiting for reminded turns, despite most of you guys being real sports and awnsering in less than a day, it does still pain me somewhat, but without the data it makes little sense to take this further. Maybe next year or so Ill make something similiar.
Pages: 1 [2] 3