Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: OOC-Thread - The 7th Courtly Battle of the Underworld  (Read 3019 times)

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
OOC-Thread - The 7th Courtly Battle of the Underworld
« on: August 12, 2013, 04:54:36 pm »

And thus it stands empty.. of all things, the throne!

Not any kind of throne, oh no, mind me. The Throne of the Underworld. While it is empty, don`t even think of climbing on it, because it is empty for a specific reason. Wich could be recounted in timely fashion, for those Interested. Or we just go straight to buisness.

The 7th Courtly Battle of the Underworld

A Strategical Battle-Royale-Roulette

Link to the IC-Thread

Well then, here we go. The Game itself is actually somewhat simple; You have your Courtier, your Troops, Footholds and limited Actions per Turn. Your Courtier decides which troops are available to you, and wich kind of Actions and Skills you will be likely to put more focus on. Be it by raw combat, devestating spellery, crafty sabotage or sheer industrialism - try to come out on top. But be warned, because there is a joker in the deck; Spinning his Roulette he might reveal uncanny details, give out "quests" - or sometimes even take action on his own...

Take note that there is still room for changes, wich can be made should they be desired. Else, I am open for questions and ideas.

Spoiler: Races and Troops (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Courtiers and Items (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: All about Actions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skills and Spells (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Odds and Ends (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Getting started (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 02:57:38 am by escaped lurker »

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Interest-Check; Strategical Battle-Royale-Roulette. A thing nowadays.
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 09:34:33 pm »

How has nobody signed up on this?
I wantz!
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 02:49:31 am »

Seems like it could be good. I'd want to see a final draft of the rules before I commit though.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 07:54:46 am »

I'd want to see a final draft of the rules before I commit though.
Sure enough - What basically is still left out are prices, the "roulette" that the Caretaker Zathras will spin, specific Actions - for the Actions and their assorted rules, a Map to make it easier on all of us, and some odd Rules. And some nice graphics. We all love some nice graphics to go with, right? :P

Depending on if there is a strike going on or not - as would be implied by certain circumstances - this might get done either today... or not so quite soon.

Edit: Working on some balancing and stuff. Prices and chances should add up, at least as far as I am concerned. ;3
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 12:18:26 pm by escaped lurker »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 10:58:47 am »

I may give this a go.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The 7th Courtly Battle of the Underworld - Accepting Applications
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 03:49:06 pm »

Yep, I would think that covers the whole thing nicely. Should there be anything left in the way of suggestions, questions or additional ideas to further enchant this idea, feel free to post. This might very well become the OOC-Thread anyways.

On that note, I won't reveal the roulette to the players. We want to be surprised, no? :P

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2013, 03:59:43 pm »

Reserved.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2013, 04:46:49 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile

You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The 7th Courtly Battle of the Underworld - Accepting Applications (4/8+)
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2013, 04:35:24 am »

.... And some nice graphics. We all love some nice graphics to go with, right? :P

Well, this was interesting - Trying pixelart that is. I would place it somewhere between fun and exhausting. Fun because it works out, exhausting because it takes a while. On that note, no map untill I have an overview how many players we get.

Else, while I was preoccupied for.. a good time - several daytrips and stuff - this is not dead, and obviously still recruiting~

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: The 7th Courtly Battle of the Underworld - Accepting Applications (4/8+)
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2013, 10:07:39 pm »

.... And some nice graphics. We all love some nice graphics to go with, right? :P

Well, this was interesting - Trying pixelart that is. I would place it somewhere between fun and exhausting. Fun because it works out, exhausting because it takes a while. On that note, no map untill I have an overview how many players we get.

Else, while I was preoccupied for.. a good time - several daytrips and stuff - this is not dead, and obviously still recruiting~

Oh wow! Those are great! Yeah I'm totally in on this! Gimme a bit to make a sheet! <3 :D

---
Pax Leonid
Fallen Courtier

Strength: 2
Agility: 2
Magick: 4
Endurance: 2

Bio: Once a powerful sorcerer in the mortal world - one of the most powerful in fact - he was killed one day after attempting a notoriously difficult ritual. It involved reciting a 600,000 word chant from memory and after mispronouncing one of said phrases (the 576,435th: "mnalpdrifijknusfymr") he subsequently imploded, and was never heard from again. After arriving in the upperworld, and causing not a small amount of trouble with his would be saviours, for despite his mortal life being a clean one (mostly due to the distraction afforded him by his studies; he never had time for mischief or lust) his mind secretly harboured a great hunger for power, he was cast into the underworld with great fervour by his fellow ascended. Using his newfound taste for position and possession, he secretly vowed to assume lordship over the underworld, and has since worked to realise this goal.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 10:25:32 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The 7th Courtly Battle of the Underworld - Accepting Applications (5/8+)
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2013, 07:57:32 am »

Why, thanks. I actually am contemplating to switch to pixel-art for the re-creation of Indezi and co., so this mainly served as test if this would be feasible. While there are some iffy shading-issues, I am content with the overal result. At least some deal more than with my previous modus operandi.

To give credit where it's due, my interest stemmed mainly from solterfuges "blunderbuss", and cheesecakes recent work "birth". Most coincidentaly, I also stumbled upon a guide about pixelart by shook - wich was the most in-depth by far. Funny how these things work.

Since some more drawings can't hurt to better my hand at this, giving a description of the characters looks in the bio might result in a subsequent picture of him. :P

Else I think that setting the start to this friday should do the trick - If no other players step up for it, I will just make the map a fair bit smaller - prompting more strife between you guys, as footholds will be a good deal rarer... ;3
Hmm.. actually, I might do that either way... ;I

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
Re: The 7th Courtly Battle of the Underworld - Accepting Applications (5/8+)
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2013, 10:38:55 am »

Oooh, I love dark politics games.

Emerick the Watchful

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
Re: The 7th Courtly Battle of the Underworld - Starting this Friday (6/~8+)
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2013, 04:38:20 pm »

I'd like to ask about player interaction in this game. To what degree are we allowed to collude and backstab? Are player alliances and trading allowed? And in turn, are we allowed to lie and manipulate (in character)to keep things interesting?

Edit: I am a silly, it is all in the rules XD

Edit edit: though, are we allowed to trade souls and troops amongst eachother?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 04:47:07 pm by Mlamlah »
Pages: [1] 2 3