Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 30

Author Topic: Heirship: A Suggestion Game  (Read 29426 times)

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
Re: Heirship: A Suggestion Game
« Reply #105 on: August 14, 2013, 08:31:19 am »

With a grin and a quick dash that nearly results in a quick landing, the young stone runs off to the east to find his best hiding place. "You won't catch me, Hammy!" you call back over your shoulder while sprinting through crunching leaves and chilled gusts. Isaac's eyes water as gales of cold air assail him, only to be wiped clean to hunt the land for only the most prime of hiding places. Isaac only stops momentarily to consider a hiding place and adjust his little oaken armament as to ease running with such a thing.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 08:33:07 am by Gotdamnmiracle »
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 14, 2013, 08:33:44 am »

Hide on top of the barracks. People never look up.

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 14, 2013, 09:10:31 am »

Roleplay II -- Part 2
Certainly we know the castle better than little Jack Scamp! We shall rise to the occasion.

As children scatter away in various directions from the great hall, you glance at Jack Scamp running toward a side stairway that spirals up to the bedchambers on the second and third floors. You think to yourself that there's no way Jack Scamp or anyone else could possibly know the castle better than you--this is Mother's... no, this is your own Keep!

You consider going outside, and while it is a possibility since Hammy didn't rule it out, the late autumn wind is no doubt freezing and would cut through your linen tunic like a knife. If you choose to stay in the Keep, then there is the choice of finding an alcove somewhere in one of the many corridors, sneaking into some servant's chamber on the second floor, one of the more important courtier's chambers on the third floor, going down to hide in the storage rooms in the cellar, or going deep into the cool, dank sub-cellars where the butler stores all of the wine and bottled goods. If you wanted to be unfair, you could hide on the fourth floor, which is largely the lord's residence. The attic is fair game, however, and filled with dusty old storage boxes, and gates that open out to the battlements themselves--the attic would be a little chill
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 09:30:53 am by Gervassen »
The way's paved with knaves that I've horribly slain.
See me coming, better run for them hills.
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 14, 2013, 09:16:58 am »

Go into the attic. It has more than one entrance, so if Hammy finds you you can run and lose him in the corridors.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 14, 2013, 09:20:48 am »

The attic, would be a fine choice you conclude.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 14, 2013, 09:22:32 am »

+1, attic

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 14, 2013, 10:15:31 am »

Roleplay II -- Part 3
Go into the attic. It has more than one entrance, so if Hammy finds you you can run and lose him in the corridors.

Hammy bellows out "Five!" as you make your decision and dash toward the nearest spiral staircase upwards.

"You won't catch me, Hammy!" you call back over your shoulder, as you reach the staircase and begin to sprint upward to the attic. Defiantly, Hammy shouts, "Oneteen!" in response. Impressed by the high numbers that are now being called into service, you quicken your ascent. As you climb past the second floor, you continue to hear little feet tapping the stone steps spiralling above your head, and you realise with a jolt of indignation that someone might have copied your idea before you could think of it.

Fortunately, when you reach the attic and swing open the thick wooden door, only a blast of cold air is waiting to greet you. This place is not normally trafficked, and there's no sign that anyone came this way before you. You see several rows of shelves and some stacked boxes and chests over to your left, and to your right a large pile of random bric-a-brac obscured behind a capacious linen cover, but definitely including several stag and moose heads, apparent from their pointy outlines that tent the dust cover. There are some iron gates to the outside battlements, and other thick wooden doors probably leading downward.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 10:41:53 am by Gervassen »
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 14, 2013, 10:29:50 am »

Duck under the linen cover.

Plato Play-Doh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 14, 2013, 10:53:02 am »

Take the linen and drape it over the boxes and chests, and hide in one of the boxes.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 14, 2013, 10:56:37 am »

Take the linen and drape it over the boxes and chests, and hide in one of the boxes.
+1

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 14, 2013, 11:37:23 am »

+1
+2. This would be a smart idea.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 14, 2013, 11:54:14 am »

Roleplay II -- Part 4
Duck under the linen cover.

You duck under the linen cover, coughing at the dust cloud that billows into the air when you disturb it for the first time in years. Inside a convenient tent created between the antlers of hunting trophies, you curl up on a fur pelt, closing your eyes as if to hide even more completely from the world.

Shouts and giggles, feet pattering and doors slamming, the sounds of the chaos vibrate up from below. You imagine the panic of those being found and chased around far below you as the sounds of men battling for their lives, or the spooky sounds of a house full of unseen phantoms. The continuing quiet of the attic gives you a feeling of comfort and safety. Minutes slide past, and you grow a little bored and start to look around inside the dim tent. You see vases, books whose covers are emblazoned with the heraldry of the previous family, a stack of old portraits, a pile of empty wine bottles.

The frantic loud noises of discovery and chase have now been replaced by quiet sounds of methodical searching, and specific names are being called out by the majority of children that have been caught and enlisted into the search.

"Isaac! Jack! Goswin! Where aaare you?"

A door to the attic creaks open. "See. It's cold up here, Hammy, no one would go here." Hammy's thick voice answers, "Oh yeah? What's those tracks in the dust over there, eh?"

Oh god! They're onto you! You bolt up from the fur pelt in a panic, as if to run away, but you get tangled up in the cover and flop down on the floor in a cloud of dust and a heap of cloth. Other children paw at the cover and shout wildly in triumph between coughing fits. Lord Isaac Stone has been ingloriously caught without so much as a token chase.

Oh well. What now? Help the search for the last two? Look around the attic? Call it a day?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 12:02:59 pm by Gervassen »
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 14, 2013, 11:59:39 am »

Sorry, didn't catch that, Playdoh! I should have waited longer before starting to type. Hopefully though this suffices, since the attic, while a good enough hiding spot upto a certain point, had one fatal flaw that made discovery unavoidable once someone started looking there.
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 14, 2013, 12:21:36 pm »

Look around of course! Exploration should never stand in the way of childish games (especially ones that you lose.)

Plato Play-Doh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 14, 2013, 12:38:08 pm »

Sorry, didn't catch that, Playdoh! I should have waited longer before starting to type. Hopefully though this suffices, since the attic, while a good enough hiding spot upto a certain point, had one fatal flaw that made discovery unavoidable once someone started looking there.

That's fine. We should've counted on the dust betraying us!

I'm curious what's in the boxes and chests, we should look in there. After that, go help with searching.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 30