Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 313

Author Topic: Order of the Stick  (Read 575512 times)

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick
« Reply #4455 on: September 06, 2022, 10:18:54 am »

The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4456 on: September 06, 2022, 10:23:27 am »

I'm disappointed "No clue at all" wasn't capitalized.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4457 on: September 06, 2022, 11:04:27 am »

So the looming threat of losing the Mechanus assistance is definitely a pocket deus ex machina, but I have to wonder if they're hammering it in too hard for it to actually turn out that way. Might be a red herring.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4458 on: September 06, 2022, 02:48:28 pm »

Could just be the setup for a running gag. It seems like Xykon actually does have to actively try and "expend mental effort" in order to play by these rules. I can imagine exhaustion setting in.

Either way, it seems like the Modron got a good deal out of it.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4459 on: September 06, 2022, 03:15:00 pm »

You know, everything they say is written, but I wonder if there is any case for homonyms to trip him up? Words that sound the same, but have different spellings, and therefore different number of letters?

Like, describing a book as either "red" or "read".

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4460 on: September 07, 2022, 08:37:37 am »

What bothers me is that the MitD is actively trying to trip up Xykon. Why? I thought that MitD was on the eviler of the sides.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4461 on: September 07, 2022, 09:18:34 am »

He was always more childlike than evil, really.  When he encounter Miko, or Haley and Belkar, he tried to play games with them rather than attack.

Then when O-Chul was imprisoned near MitD they had a lot of conversations, played some Go and shared meals.  O-Chul convinced MitD that Xykon is taking advantage of him.  Then MitD teleported O-Chul and V teleport to safety through unknown means.

Here in the canyon he's been trying to sabotage the search by "accidentally" painting extra doors that haven't been explored.  I don't think he has much of a plan, but he has turned against Team Evil pretty completely.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4462 on: September 07, 2022, 01:54:43 pm »

What bothers me is that the MitD is actively trying to trip up Xykon. Why? I thought that MitD was on the eviler of the sides.

MITD has been trying to stop Xykon for a long time. He straight-up saved the Order at Girard's Rift by convincing Xykon that O'Chul was the real heroic threat and the order was a bunch of nobodies.

Before his time with O'Chul, he was just sitting around doing whatever he was told because it was easier, but he was never actually evil. Just an unspecified juvenile monster of immense power.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #4463 on: September 14, 2022, 02:39:51 am »

My respect for Blackwing who unpromptedly pursues the evil team.  (Though at this point we may as well call it the lawful team.)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4464 on: September 19, 2022, 08:02:35 am »

MitD more overtly sabotaging Team Evil makes me randomly wonder a thing... how much of a threat is he, anyways? To Team Evil, that is.

He's been stomping the good guys unintentionally every time he interacted with one but I wonder if he's actually a threat to Redcloak and Xykon? I don't think sorcerors and clerics have any mind control spells but I'm not the most well-versed in DnD. Or I guess they could just plane shift MitD if he gets uppity and he'd take forever to get back on his own.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4465 on: September 19, 2022, 09:09:33 am »

Hard to say. Xykon does have him under a magical compulsion(probably Geas) to kill Redcloak, eat him, and spit out his holy symbol if Redcloak ever betrays him. So I figure he's stronger than Redcloak, but weaker than Xykon.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4466 on: September 19, 2022, 10:11:38 am »

New one's up.

Roy's definitely learned from Elan.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4467 on: September 19, 2022, 01:00:18 pm »

First rule of Soap Club: Don't talk about Soap Club

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4468 on: September 29, 2022, 07:08:06 pm »

Hard to say. Xykon does have him under a magical compulsion(probably Geas) to kill Redcloak, eat him, and spit out his holy symbol if Redcloak ever betrays him. So I figure he's stronger than Redcloak, but weaker than Xykon.
I mean, MitD being under a Geas doesn't really confirm that he's weaker than Xykon. We know that he's a complete pushover, so Xykon could easily roll up with a contract and order him to say yes to it without any overt coercion.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4469 on: October 01, 2022, 09:20:52 pm »

My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!
Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 313