Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 313

Author Topic: Order of the Stick  (Read 559737 times)

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick: 1038 Goblin to Goblin
« Reply #1875 on: May 31, 2016, 02:34:05 pm »

I thought that the implication was that the demonroach was talking about the MitD.

Yep. You know, trying to work out what it is and all.
I got the impression that was the hammer over the top of the head to let people know the the MitD is smart and all if they hadn't got it by that point.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: May 31, 2016, 02:54:46 pm »

It was a joke... a reference to the threads on the official forums where people try to collate all the things the MitD has ever done to try to figure out what it is.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: May 31, 2016, 05:20:45 pm »

This Oona is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: May 31, 2016, 05:53:59 pm »

It was a joke... a reference to the threads on the official forums where people try to collate all the things the MitD has ever done to try to figure out what it is.
They're 300 posts into their ninth thread, with about 1500 posts being when they close a thread. So yeah, there's a little bit of discussion.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1879 on: June 05, 2016, 02:19:57 pm »

Nod

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: June 05, 2016, 04:30:25 pm »

Nod
Get treat
._.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: June 07, 2016, 09:59:38 am »

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1882 on: June 07, 2016, 10:07:02 am »

Watch when shadow monster paints over all the doors, erasing all their progress

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick: 1039 Multiple Choice
« Reply #1883 on: June 07, 2016, 03:38:30 pm »

I find this funny, usually it's the good guys that do all the leg work and evil just waltzes on in.  This time it's the opposite.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: June 07, 2016, 05:01:51 pm »

Okay, so they haven't been casting a weeks-long ritual to bring a god-destroying abomination into the multiverse.

I have to ask, why were the gods trying to unmake the world now and not right before they're done(which is what was previously believed)?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: June 08, 2016, 07:20:29 am »

Okay, so they haven't been casting a weeks-long ritual to bring a god-destroying abomination into the multiverse.

I have to ask, why were the gods trying to unmake the world now and not right before they're done(which is what was previously believed)?

Because the unmaking isn't to stop the Bad Guys from winning (Obviously they REALLY DON'T WANT that, but not enough to destroy everything), it's because if the last Gate goes down, everything and everyone (probbably) is destroyed, divine or no.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: June 08, 2016, 08:08:18 am »

The danger as far as they know is the gate being destroyed by whatever those mortals are trying to do or the ensuing battle. which is not a definite moment, so better remake everything now, when they are sure to have enough time.

it should be noted that , while the gate being destroyed allows some time to act after the event, I am not really sure the ritual being completed has the same leniency. So, even in that case they might want to act well before the end of the ritual.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: June 09, 2016, 12:46:37 am »

They might want to but they'll only be able to act with barely enough time to complete the deed.

Does anyone else find Redcloak story arc the most interesting? Cause, The Giant, is sticking to a lot of fantasy tropes, and is a good writer, the protagonists there, are eventually going to win, and gain most of their goals. And if any of them are going to die, its probably going to be the Halfing as part of his full redemption arc. Though The Bard is a good candidate too.

But Redcloak being a support character to the overall bad guy, means that he narrativly has the most freedom in his story. The only thing for certain for his future, is his eventual betrayal of the lich, and the possible 'having to team up with the good guys'.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: June 09, 2016, 09:52:12 am »

Does anyone else find Redcloak story arc the most interesting? Cause, The Giant, is sticking to a lot of fantasy tropes, and is a good writer, the protagonists there, are eventually going to win, and gain most of their goals. And if any of them are going to die, its probably going to be the Halfing as part of his full redemption arc. Though The Bard is a good candidate too.

Ah, but how do you know Redcloak isn't the real protagonist, eh?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: June 17, 2016, 10:46:07 am »

Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 313