Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 313

Author Topic: Order of the Stick  (Read 559773 times)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick: 1034 Always a Good Rule of Thumb
« Reply #1830 on: May 03, 2016, 11:08:53 am »

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: May 03, 2016, 12:22:53 pm »

I mean I get water breathing and all but shouldn't they freeze to death, other then that good plan.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: May 03, 2016, 12:29:16 pm »

They actually covered that a few strips ago.
That the ring was her magic protection though, so she could be in trouble.  I doubt it though, paladins are tough and stuff, and he'll stay conscious at least.

I wonder how long that jerk waited?  Apparently long enough for the snow to stop, so at least several minutes.  Maybe half an hour.  What a jerk.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: May 03, 2016, 12:35:57 pm »

Possibly the paladins can swap the ring back and forth? In theory that'd work, if the oots universe is following frostburn at least, they'd both get hypothermia and take some damage, but depending on how you read it swapping protection might be enough to prevent further damage.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: May 03, 2016, 01:28:35 pm »

Possibly the paladins can swap the ring back and forth? In theory that'd work, if the oots universe is following frostburn at least, they'd both get hypothermia and take some damage, but depending on how you read it swapping protection might be enough to prevent further damage.
This.

They've already shown the water paladin swapping the ring to the guy paladin.  Ain't any reason it can't be swapped back and forth infinity.  Plus, they probably have heal spells.

I wonder how long that jerk waited?  Apparently long enough for the snow to stop, so at least several minutes.  Maybe half an hour.  What a jerk.
Why is he a jerk for trying to do his job properly?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: May 03, 2016, 01:39:45 pm »

His job is to be a jerk!
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: May 03, 2016, 01:53:56 pm »

Why is he a jerk for trying to do his job properly?

The scales of his sonic reptilian unicorn aren't bright and shiny. Clearly thats a jerk-mount.
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: May 03, 2016, 04:20:57 pm »

His cloak also gives protection from cold, so if absolutely necessary they could swap back and forth the cloak and the ring ensuring that while one of them had the ring (and could thus breathe under the water) the other one had the cloak and thus was still protected from the cold.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: May 03, 2016, 05:07:30 pm »

Depending on how cold the water is, it's either an hourly or every 10 minutes that a DC15+1 per previous check Fortitude save is made, at which point 1d6 nonlethal damage is applied. O-chul can easily last a long while before that's a problem, and if they're swapping Lien's water breathing ring(which has cold protection, the cloak has weather protection), it's possible that the timer resets as they're no longer feeling the cold.

It's a shame that rider didn't follow them into the water. Lien's celestial shark could probably use a snack.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: May 03, 2016, 07:08:19 pm »

the cloak has weather protection
Ah fair point, missed that.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Order of the Stick: 1035 Ringing Victory
« Reply #1840 on: May 10, 2016, 01:24:43 am »

If they get back out onto the ice will that thing still try kill them or has it gone home?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: May 16, 2016, 10:28:52 am »

Update
I was wrong about him being a jerk
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Postedit:  Oop, thanks Egan
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 10:59:01 am by Rolan7 »
She/they

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: May 16, 2016, 10:48:17 am »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: May 16, 2016, 10:59:43 am »

Redcloak's looking a little pale there.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick: 1036 Sound, But in This Case Inaccurate
« Reply #1844 on: May 16, 2016, 11:55:16 am »

You'd be too if you're towards the end of casting a weeks-long ritual that requires constant concentration as well as constant communication with the Outer Planes(which in turn probably causes XP loss).

Just this strip alone shows that this new guy, Oona is possibly the goblinoid equivalent of O-Chul.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 313