Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 313

Author Topic: Order of the Stick  (Read 558588 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The new Order of the Stick thread: 913 Independent
« Reply #90 on: August 23, 2013, 02:06:06 pm »

I just find myself hoping someone turns nale into a suit of armor. Maybe a hat. Craft up the bones, stick the soul in it, enchant the bugger, +3 plate mail of smug victory. Sounds like a good way to keep someone from coming back, that.
This just gives me an idea around building a character who has been resurrected several times, and all of his equipment is made up of his previous leftover body parts, many of which are enchanted.

Self-skin cloak, self-skull-helmet-of-strength, bone-sword made from own bones, etc. and so on.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 23, 2013, 02:17:20 pm »

I just find myself hoping someone turns nale into a suit of armor. Maybe a hat. Craft up the bones, stick the soul in it, enchant the bugger, +3 plate mail of smug victory. Sounds like a good way to keep someone from coming back, that.

Belkar's kobold-head headgear not good enough for you?

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 23, 2013, 02:21:19 pm »

Was it an enchanted +2 kobold head helm of idle sadism? No? Then no. Not good enough.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 25, 2013, 10:27:18 am »

It's not like the Empire got a single cleric.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 25, 2013, 12:56:21 pm »

I somehow greatly doubt they're going to revive him with any of the 100+ revival methods that probably exist.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 25, 2013, 03:24:25 pm »

This is why my group always bans revive spells other than Revenance and Revivification, since they're more temporary or situational. After level 10 or so, death is no object.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 25, 2013, 06:41:11 pm »

This just gives me an idea around building a character who has been resurrected several times, and all of his equipment is made up of his previous leftover body parts, many of which are enchanted.

Self-skin cloak, self-skull-helmet-of-strength, bone-sword made from own bones, etc. and so on.

Now THAT'S what I call a revenant.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 25, 2013, 06:49:10 pm »

....I had a thought. Can a vampire cleric "raise" themselves(maybe using true resurrection, or miracle)???
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 25, 2013, 06:51:15 pm »

No. The undead form of a person must be destroyed before any kind of resurrection can take place.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 25, 2013, 09:09:36 pm »

Contingency on (true) resurrection triggering when your undead self is destroyed. Bam, raised yourself.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 25, 2013, 09:10:37 pm »

Contingency on (true) resurrection triggering when your undead self is destroyed. Bam, raised yourself.

That's a hell of a contingency plan. Can you loop those together?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 25, 2013, 09:10:50 pm »

I don't think a negative energy being could prepare such a high positive energy spell.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 25, 2013, 09:16:49 pm »

That's a hell of a contingency plan. Can you loop those together?
Technically, you can, except that one's on the Cleric list and one's on the Sorcerer/Wizard list. This can be avoided with a scroll of Contingency and a good Spellcraft check, or, for cheesier methods, use a quirk in the rules where a Cleric (with the Scribe Scroll feat) can scribe a divine scroll of an arcane spell if he has someone else cast the spell for him.

I don't think a negative energy being could prepare such a high positive energy spell.
Nope, doesn't matter in the D&Dverse. There isn't any rule saying Conjuration (Healing) spells are barred for undead, and it's on the general cleric list.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 26, 2013, 10:14:45 am »

And new comic.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 26, 2013, 10:28:14 am »

I'm completely satisfied with this turn of events.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 313