Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 313

Author Topic: Order of the Stick  (Read 558484 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick: 919 I Went Down, Down, Down
« Reply #165 on: September 17, 2013, 04:39:39 pm »

"Yes, sadly"

Very to the point, V.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 17, 2013, 07:17:21 pm »

And Vaarsuvius demonstrates exactly why Rich usually keeps him/her/it/other out of the fray.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 17, 2013, 07:19:56 pm »

And Vaarsuvius demonstrates exactly why Rich usually keeps him/her/it/other out of the fray.

Because it's hard to generate plausible threats to the party while V is present?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 17, 2013, 07:21:02 pm »

Because Wizard is why. And that despite V being a primary blaster.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 18, 2013, 12:34:30 am »

Hell. It's a burning thing.
And it makes, a fiery ring.
Bound, by wile powers,
V fell into a ring of fire.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Love, scriver~

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
Re: The new Order of the Stick thread: 916 Executive Order
« Reply #171 on: September 18, 2013, 03:39:14 am »

I'm guessing Vaarsuvius will solve this somehow.

Called it.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 18, 2013, 05:17:57 am »

I'm guessing Vaarsuvius will solve this somehow.

Called it.
Bear in mind that he hasn't officially solved it yet; he's just blasted some more mooks and made it difficult/impossible for them to engage in melee for a while.

That said, it wouldn't particularly surprise me if their way out involved a wizard spell.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 18, 2013, 09:26:11 am »

It's a shame s/he can't teleport, that's all I'll say.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
Re: The new Order of the Stick thread: 917 Hold On
« Reply #174 on: September 19, 2013, 11:52:02 am »

hmm... I wonder if Tarquin's recent comments about Xykon being a sub-boss count as "pride before the fall". Particularily considering how underestimating X is correlated to bad things happening afterwards

(I also wonder if his comeuppance will be being brough down by him, both in the sense that it establishes HIM as the sub-boss, and that a chaotic character is the one beating him)

Annd context. Tarquin is clearly playing their strings here, but he has still just lost his son. His webs are going to be a little tangled.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 19, 2013, 02:15:45 pm »

That said, it wouldn't particularly surprise me if their way out involved a wizard spell.
Durkon might summon some sort of giant creature to get them out! (He is considerably more awesome now that he's a vampire after all. :P)

That said I'm gonna go with the long bet that the Paladins port in to save them. They did know that Xykon was on the way there after all, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them all show up expecting a Xykon battle only to end up engaging with Tarquin and offering our heroes a way out.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 20, 2013, 04:23:56 am »

That said I'm gonna go with the long bet that the Paladins port in to save them. They did know that Xykon was on the way there after all, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them all show up expecting a Xykon battle only to end up engaging with Tarquin and offering our heroes a way out.

And when exactly did they figure out where the pyramid actually is?

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 20, 2013, 11:23:37 am »

Durkon might summon some sort of giant creature to get them out! (He is considerably more awesome now that he's a vampire after all. :P)
Didn't he already use up his spells? Then again, now that they have a defensive buffer, he could theoretically use the time to pray for an extra spell or two, if I read the cleric spell-preparation rules right, unless Thor's religious practices require it at dawn(and, it being reversed by Durkon's vampirism, now dusk).

I don't think they ever resurrected that wizard that took them to Cliffport ;).

And when exactly did they figure out where the pyramid actually is?
Hinjo's spellcasters managed a Sending just before the gate was destroyed, which, since it allows a reply, they could have easily told them exactly where Windy Cave was. Or at least the general location, which they could probably use to scry the exact position(the anti-scrying spells probably have faded since the Draketooths were wiped out).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 20, 2013, 12:10:43 pm »

Didn't he already use up his spells? Then again, now that they have a defensive buffer, he could theoretically use the time to pray for an extra spell or two, if I read the cleric spell-preparation rules right, unless Thor's religious practices require it at dawn(and, it being reversed by Durkon's vampirism, now dusk).
Yeah, he just said that he is all out of spells, and that he will get them all back at dusk.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Ringmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 313