Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: solve the mystery of the disappeared kid! (and we have some Dragons too)  (Read 1704 times)

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fortress Watchedsyrups, August 18, year 308.

Dwarven child Ast Soshnish has been missing for a week!!

Search patrols looked through the fortress' living rooms and meetings areas, and failed to find the kid.

Now, its your turn to help the fortress guard find the kid!  ;) I'll provide screenshots and information as you keep asking for them from specific areas, and I won't just upload the entire fortress to the DF map archive.

(At this point I honestly dont know where the kid is or what condition...)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 04:24:37 am by Erkki »

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: Interactive DF: solve the mystery of the disappearing kid!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 11:38:55 am »

Dead somewhere outside due to an animal, or snatched and not yet off the map?
This is a blank sig.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 11:42:36 am »

Dead somewhere outside due to an animal, or snatched and not yet off the map?

There is a line of cage traps at the front door that gets a snatcher every now and then. Theres 5 of them in the prison already. But yes, it could have been that one got in while one of the traps had already caught a Goblin and the second one somehow wasnt noticed by the 50-strong militia at the gates, on its way in nor out? Shall the fortress wait for a kidnapping announcement, which would be the second for the fortress, or keep looking?

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 11:48:03 am »

Looks like hes the son of a Speardwarf and a Marksdwarf... A kidnapping is starting to look likely now. No accouncement of one yet though, and the gate has been closed a lot lately. It has currently been open for a while, perhaps for that one week, to let the human merchants out.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 12:17:54 pm »

I believe you can search for the corpse using the stocks screen. Assuming you have a book-keeper working at maximum precision, you can search for the corpse individually.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 12:30:34 pm »

I believe you can search for the corpse using the stocks screen. Assuming you have a book-keeper working at maximum precision, you can search for the corpse individually.

Wouldnt that be too easy?

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
Re: solve the mystery of the disappearing kid!
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2013, 12:39:43 pm »

Have you checked any cages? They might have dead bodies in them.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2013, 12:41:34 pm »

Slab the brat to reassure the fortress!

I've only gotten those messages from dwarves stuck in cages to death, smashed by bridges, or whose corpses are pretty out of the way ( or far outside ).

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2013, 12:51:36 pm »

Have you checked any cages? They might have dead bodies in them.

Prison catalog: 9 x Goblin, 2 x Dragon, 1 x Owl

Slab the brat to reassure the fortress!

I've only gotten those messages from dwarves stuck in cages to death, smashed by bridges, or whose corpses are pretty out of the way ( or far outside ).

Hmm. I do have a raising drawbridge but its lowering outside... Kinda impossible for a Dwarf to die to unless one stood there and survived the wildlife and goblins for months. Not ruling that out yet though.

Uhh, I found a full set of Dwarven clothing in one of the lower floors... 5 floors below the lowest living areas.

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2013, 12:54:44 pm »

Uhh, I found a full set of Dwarven clothing in one of the lower floors... 5 floors below the lowest living areas.

Inspect the area around it, see if there're any blood and stuff! Was it a sealed area?

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2013, 12:57:06 pm »

Inspect the area around it, see if there're any blood and stuff! Was it a sealed area?

Theres no blood, no tools or weapons. The place is behind a door but anyone/anything can pass the door... Directly from the main stairwell.

Oh, a 3rd dragon in 2 years...

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2013, 04:16:07 pm »

What?!? What did you do to accomplish that?? I've never seen a dragon show up in fortress mode. Ever.
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
Re: solve the mystery of the disappeared kid!
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2013, 04:25:13 pm »

What?!? What did you do to accomplish that?? I've never seen a dragon show up in fortress mode. Ever.
This.
I have only ever had 1 dragon. Ever. Did you set megabeast number to like 427869654566?

On the topic of the missing child, perhaps he dragged into a body of water by a pond grabber or carp or something.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2013, 05:04:43 pm »

This.
I have only ever had 1 dragon. Ever. Did you set megabeast number to like 427869654566?

On the topic of the missing child, perhaps he dragged into a body of water by a pond grabber or carp or something.

I've only ever seen a proper dragon once too. And now 3 consecutive FBs/Titans/megabeasts were all Dragons. 300-year medium-sized world with megabeast number set untouched...

All ponds searched. No sign of him! Theres no stream or river present either.

EDIT: Search patrols called back: my 50-strong militia will now need to attempt to deal away with this Goblin invasion of 50 Goblins 50 mounts and 6 trolls...
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 05:09:28 pm by Erkki »

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2013, 07:17:23 pm »

please tell me you can breed those dragons ....
Al mondo mal non e senza rimedio

Reach me via Bitmessage ~ BM-2DC7sWixk2iSKThdX9thhyrxWBeWRXUEv9
Pages: [1] 2