Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 48

Author Topic: BYOR 12 - Game Over: And That's Why They Call Them Mafia  (Read 107565 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 12 - Night 1: The Beginning
« Reply #585 on: November 25, 2013, 07:01:08 pm »

The Prankster Demon picks up TheWetSheep and looks at him.

"HMM MAYBE I KILL YOU" He tosses TheWetSheep over his shoulder where he smashes comically into a wall. "MAYBE NOT THOUGH TOO PUNY HEHAHEHAHEHA"

"I am NOT too puny!" TheWetSheep rebukes. The demon turns to look at him.

"OH? OKAY MAYBE I STILL KILL YOU THEN WE SEE HEHAHEHAHEHAHEHA"

TheWetSheep's face expresses his realized dumbness.

Vote Count
------------------------
Deathsword -
Nerjin -
notquitethere - Shakerag,
Shakerag - TheWetSheep, Toaster, Nerjin,
TheWetSheep -
Toaster -
zombie urist -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - Deathsword, notquitethere, zombie urist,

4 To Hammer. Day ends Wednesday 9 PM Central.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 12 - Day 3: HEHAHEHAHEHA HUMANS IS FUNNY
« Reply #586 on: November 25, 2013, 07:08:03 pm »

Shakerag:

Nerjin's been unnecessarily angry for some reason which I think could be a facade and an appeal to emotion. His huge list of reads day 1 didn't really contain anything useful.

Why do you think he's the towniest?

Toaster:

2nd possibility isn't possible unless you can receive an ability and use it on the same night.

Hmm... it is strange that Nerjin, Shakerag, and Tiruin were all on the TolyK wagon.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: November 25, 2013, 07:10:48 pm »

Alright, I'll bite. What's the second ability?

P.S: Don't do that. Either you're gonna claim the ability or you're not. You saying "I'll do it but only if asked" is kinda just adding an unnecesary step.
OK. Ability 2: I can steal a vote from the future, but it has consequences, and I don't know what they are yet. I haven't used this so far since I haven't really had the need for a second vote.

Sheep, did you get Shake's name attached to the inspect or did it just call up guilty after you targeted him? I think there's a very high chance we all got randomized last night and what with the demon, if we're unlucky then this could be LYLO (we lynch a town, demon kills a town, scum night kills a town and we've got two scum and two town alive), so we should be damn sure about what we're doing. Don't get me wrong, my analysis calls him a top pick, so it might still be the right thing to do, but I want us all to be sure about this. Also, it'd be an easy scum move to call cop in a game like this and we've already seen from other players (like Cheetar) that half-way convincing sounding fakeclaims aren't out of the question. You going to tell us your role name to make those abilities sound like they go together?
Shakerag's name wasn't attached, no. It just said my target was mafia.

My role name is BYOR 13. Since I'm from the future, I can look up player's alignments from the almanac I printed out in the future. I can also steal a vote from the future. The role-swap doesn't tie in too well, but it's something to do with a BYOR switcheroo. I'm not claiming ability names since roles that use that information aren't out of the question.

TWS:
Ability 1: Inspect. I inspected Imp N1, but got no PM that night. No idea why.
Wait, you got no PM night 1?  Did you ask webadict as to why that might be?
Correct. I asked Web if I was missing a pm, and he said no, so I asked him if I would have gotten a pm if I was roleblocked. He said a standard roleblock would have notified me that I was roleblocked.

Something doesn't make sense. Cheetar targeted me N1 with a protect he doesn't have a protect so its probably Public Health Awareness.
Actually, that makes sense, since Hapah was protected by Toaster and then died N1. Although why would she not use Hull House too?

Web:
Also, Imp won by fulfilling her wincon.
Was this the standard Survivor wincon?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: November 25, 2013, 07:31:18 pm »

Unvote I'd rather not shoot too quick on this one after yesterday.

Nerjin:
Do you think it is significant that scum died last night but town did not? 

I think I'd like to know why you're asking that question.

Shakerag:

Nerjin's been unnecessarily angry for some reason which I think could be a facade and an appeal to emotion. His huge list of reads day 1 didn't really contain anything useful.

Alright, how about my other huge lists of reads? Y'know, the thing that I do to show beyond a doubt that I'm paying attention to the game and all players and to give people something to work with if I die?

How about you point out actual reasons for me being scum Birdy ZU?

Hm... I'm not liking this deadly demon thing. Really puts the screws on town. But... Hm...
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: November 25, 2013, 10:20:47 pm »

Web:
Also, Imp won by fulfilling her wincon.
Was this the standard Survivor wincon?
Sources confirm that I'm not at liberty to discuss further on the win conditions of any other player. It should be noted, however, that Imp has won and is no longer in the game.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: November 25, 2013, 10:22:15 pm »

Psh, you just don't want mauled by the demon.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: November 25, 2013, 10:38:29 pm »

Psh, you just don't want mauled by the demon.
Sources.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: November 26, 2013, 11:32:15 am »

Shakerag
NQT:
You've mentioned possibly being randomized in three different posts already.  You think there's a "very high chance we all got randomized last night".  Which would lead me to think you were expecting a certain result and did not get it.  So how does it feel to be scum and NK off your scumbuddy?
You gotta mighty damn gall to be throwing around that kind of accusation, Shakes. Your scumhunting's been so nonexistent I bet you couldn't even give me two good reasons why you think Nerjin is most likely town.

I think there's a high chance Imp didn't randomise everyone on N1 as players have been reporting power-failure, not incorrect targets. I've got reason to believe she used it N2. Are you claiming that you definitely hit the correct target for your night action? I don't think anyone did last night. You're not going to weasel out a role claim from me, if that was your aim. It's cute you think I killed Tiruin, maybe that's coming to mind so quickly because that's what you did.

Deathsword
To put it quite simply: I have the suspicion that you are a third party.
What happened to your case on Birdy? Forgot what case you were trumping up in the long night?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: November 26, 2013, 12:31:04 pm »

NQT:
Shakerag
NQT:
You've mentioned possibly being randomized in three different posts already.  You think there's a "very high chance we all got randomized last night".  Which would lead me to think you were expecting a certain result and did not get it.  So how does it feel to be scum and NK off your scumbuddy?
You gotta mighty damn gall to be throwing around that kind of accusation, Shakes. Your scumhunting's been so nonexistent I bet you couldn't even give me two good reasons why you think Nerjin is most likely town.
I am the gallest.  It is me. 

I call bullshit on your accusation that my scumhunting is practically nonexistent.  Can you back that up, NQT(own)?

And I will give you two+ good reasons I think Nerjin is town:
1 - Very vehemently against ties.  His reactions to them feel natural and not faked.
2 - He makes mistakes due to emotion.  I expect scum to be much more meticulous about every word they say (especially if experienced). 
3 - Extremely forthcoming with information.
4 - Doesn't seem to have voted with bullshit reasoning.

I think there's a high chance Imp didn't randomise everyone on N1 as players have been reporting power-failure, not incorrect targets. I've got reason to believe she used it N2. Are you claiming that you definitely hit the correct target for your night action? I don't think anyone did last night. You're not going to weasel out a role claim from me, if that was your aim. It's cute you think I killed Tiruin, maybe that's coming to mind so quickly because that's what you did.
I'm not claiming anything yet, not until Toaster replies to me.  And I'm further not trying to get a role claim from you, because I think you're possibly scum so you'd lie to me about your role anyway.  Nice projection there at the end.

zombie urist:
Shakerag:

Why do you think he's the towniest?
I don't feel that Nerjin has been putting up a facade.  It's too natural feeling for that.  Like I said before, he's either town or really convincing scum.  See my response to NQT above for more.

Imp and Cheeetar voted for TolyK too; what's your point? 

Nerjin:
Nerjin:
Do you think it is significant that scum died last night but town did not? 

I think I'd like to know why you're asking that question.
Because I want to see how you'd answer the question.  ಠ_ಠ

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: November 26, 2013, 02:25:43 pm »

Shakerag:
Toaster:
I received an ability last night and I don't know why.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess ... it was a randomize ability?

A golden star cookie for you.

Zombie Urist:
Toaster:

2nd possibility isn't possible unless you can receive an ability and use it on the same night.

Hmm... it is strange that Nerjin, Shakerag, and Tiruin were all on the TolyK wagon.

I suppose that is true.

I don't think it's strange at all.  Why would it be strange?  Do you suspect anyone besides Nerjin?

Nerjin:
Hm... I'm not liking this deadly demon thing. Really puts the screws on town. But... Hm...

It's basically an unblockable SK shooting off at random.  It's just random more than anything else.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: November 26, 2013, 05:35:45 pm »

It'd be strange if the remaining scum are Shakerag and Nerjin because then everyone on the TolyK wagon would be non-town. Which is unprobable so I guess I'll have to adjust my read.
Deathsword and TWS are the scummiest after Nerjin. TWS is slightly less scummy because it is pretty audacious to fake-claim cop. But then again it could be game over if we mislynch and demon kills a town so it could be a super-brave move but I don't think so.

Alright, how about my other huge lists of reads? Y'know, the thing that I do to show beyond a doubt that I'm paying attention to the game and all players and to give people something to work with if I die?
Just because you're paying attention doesn't mean you're town.

I don't feel that Nerjin has been putting up a facade.  It's too natural feeling for that.  Like I said before, he's either town or really convincing scum.  See my response to NQT above for more.
I suppose we'll just have to disagree on this then.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: November 26, 2013, 06:31:16 pm »

TWS:
Ability 1: Inspect. I inspected Imp N1, but got no PM that night. No idea why.
Wait, you got no PM night 1?  Did you ask webadict as to why that might be?
Correct. I asked Web if I was missing a pm, and he said no, so I asked him if I would have gotten a pm if I was roleblocked. He said a standard roleblock would have notified me that I was roleblocked.
This still feels a bit odd to me.

webadict:  Can you tell us what possible situations would result in an inspect getting no pm?  If so, what? 

Toaster:
Shakerag:
Toaster:
I received an ability last night and I don't know why.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess ... it was a randomize ability?

A golden star cookie for you.
That's interesting, because I didn't target you. 

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: November 26, 2013, 07:30:24 pm »

webadict:  Can you tell us what possible situations would result in an inspect getting no pm?  If so, what? 
Action interference from a role or action would be the only way.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: November 26, 2013, 09:14:44 pm »

Shakerag:  Dammit.

Okay, need a claim:  Who got upgraded last night?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: November 26, 2013, 10:51:10 pm »

I'm confused why did Toaster get a randomize?

I didn't get any updates to my role.

TWS: Who do you think is scum after Shakerag.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 48