Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 48

Author Topic: BYOR 12 - Game Over: And That's Why They Call Them Mafia  (Read 107423 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 12 - Day 3: HEHAHEHAHEHA HUMANS IS FUNNY
« Reply #570 on: November 24, 2013, 10:42:36 pm »

P.S: Don't do that. Either you're gonna claim the ability or you're not. You saying "I'll do it but only if asked" is kinda just adding an unnecesary step.

I agree with Nerjin on this.  Also, don't tell us if you swap to WIFOM the scum team.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: November 24, 2013, 11:43:14 pm »

I can replace in but I'll be out for a few days around thanksgiving.
Alright. I'll get that to you soon.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: November 25, 2013, 06:06:29 am »

ZU— when you're up to speed can you can tell us who targeted you in the night?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: November 25, 2013, 08:32:18 am »

While I want to hear from Shakerag about TWS' inspect as much as anyone else, we should be careful to avoid hammering like last day. We got lucky we hit non-town, but it could have been worse.

Ability 1: Inspect. I inspected Imp N1, but got no PM that night. No idea why. Shakerag N2, mafia result.
Reading Imp's role-flip, it looks like you were redirected. The lack of a result probably means that someone has a power that protects them from inspects.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: November 25, 2013, 08:43:05 am »

Reading Imp's role-flip, it looks like you were redirected. The lack of a result probably means that someone has a power that protects them from inspects.
Maybe... do you think your powers targeted correctly last night? I'm still trying to work it out but I think Imp's one-shot might have come into effect N2 instead.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: November 25, 2013, 10:13:09 am »

Whafuck?

TWS:
Shakerag: Why did my inspect receive a mafia result on you?
I have no idea, because I'm not scum.  Either you're fakeclaiming or you got redirected.  Also, webadict has included abilities that change other people's alignments.  I know, because I had one in BYOR 9. 

Anyway, very busy IRL at the moment, so I'll be back later for further posting. 

webadict:  Are non-sane inspects possible in this game?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: November 25, 2013, 10:43:18 am »

webadict:  Are non-sane inspects possible in this game?
No. There are no hidden aspects of an action or role that would interfere with an inspect.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: November 25, 2013, 10:54:06 am »

Sheep, did you get Shake's name attached to the inspect or did it just call up guilty after you targeted him? I think there's a very high chance we all got randomized last night and what with the demon, if we're unlucky then this could be LYLO (we lynch a town, demon kills a town, scum night kills a town and we've got two scum and two town alive), so we should be damn sure about what we're doing. Don't get me wrong, my analysis calls him a top pick, so it might still be the right thing to do, but I want us all to be sure about this. Also, it'd be an easy scum move to call cop in a game like this and we've already seen from other players (like Cheetar) that half-way convincing sounding fakeclaims aren't out of the question. You going to tell us your role name to make those abilities sound like they go together?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: November 25, 2013, 12:38:57 pm »

TWS:
Ability 1: Inspect. I inspected Imp N1, but got no PM that night. No idea why.
Wait, you got no PM night 1?  Did you ask webadict as to why that might be?

webadict:  How are you handling Thursday/Friday of this week?  I'll be unable to check in those two days.

Also, can you explain how Imp won exactly?  O_o

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: November 25, 2013, 01:01:31 pm »

Thursday and Friday are basically part of the weekend now. Nobody wants to play over Thanksgiving.

Also, Imp won by fulfilling her wincon.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: November 25, 2013, 01:28:18 pm »

Nobody wants to play over Thanksgiving.
Yeah you guys enjoy eating with your family and being thankful and stuff. I'm sure I'll figure out something to do with the end of my week.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: November 25, 2013, 03:05:15 pm »

Something doesn't make sense. Cheetar targeted me N1 with a protect he doesn't have a protect so its probably Public Health Awareness. But Cheetar's only Naction was a kingmaker and he felt I was super scummy D1???

I suppose that Shakerag and Nerjin are the last two scums. But Tiruin did vote Nerjin at one point I don't know how serious she meant it. Do I still have a vote?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: November 25, 2013, 04:18:21 pm »

ZU:
Something doesn't make sense. Cheetar targeted me N1 with a protect he doesn't have a protect so its probably Public Health Awareness. But Cheetar's only Naction was a kingmaker and he felt I was super scummy D1???

Two Three possibilities:

One, Cheeetar doesn't actually care if you're scummy or not- he just wants someone who thinks his target is scummy to be Kinged.

Two, he got a random ability.  I received an ability last night and I don't know why.

Three, you are not telling the truth... but I don't really have any reason to suspect this as of right now.

Also, why Nerjin?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: November 25, 2013, 05:31:40 pm »

Maybe... do you think your powers targeted correctly last night? I'm still trying to work it out but I think Imp's one-shot might have come into effect N2 instead.
I was blocked, so I have no idea if I was going to be redirected or not.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: November 25, 2013, 06:11:49 pm »

zombie urist:
I suppose that Shakerag and Nerjin are the last two scums. But Tiruin did vote Nerjin at one point I don't know how serious she meant it. Do I still have a vote?
Yeah, I'm going to echo Toaster here and ask why you think Nerjin is scum, because he's the person who I feel has been most town this whole game. 

Toaster:
I received an ability last night and I don't know why.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess ... it was a randomize ability?

Nerjin:
Do you think it is significant that scum died last night but town did not? 

NQT:
You've mentioned possibly being randomized in three different posts already.  You think there's a "very high chance we all got randomized last night".  Which would lead me to think you were expecting a certain result and did not get it.  So how does it feel to be scum and NK off your scumbuddy?
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 48