Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 48

Author Topic: BYOR 12 - Game Over: And That's Why They Call Them Mafia  (Read 107435 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 12 - Day 2: Creepy Crawlers [2 Replacements]
« Reply #540 on: November 18, 2013, 06:04:00 pm »

Deathsword~: I do like your reasons for hitting Birdy, foremost is a 'premonition' on Toaster. Hint hint, IT'S JUST A FEELING HE STATED EARLIER. Something which, in a very weird and totally illogical way (which I do note that you didn't inquire in depth on) would work as a tell on him?
A feeling? It was a pretty strange feeling since he didn't give absolutely no reasons for it. To top it off, he kept evading questions where he was asked to explain himself about it.

Mmm, interesting. I'd like to note that the prospect of how the 'quality' of him claiming 'inspect' matters. Though I don't have birdy's most recent posts in, I've to query you.
Could you explain this better. I don't understand what most of this sentence mean. What I said about his inspect is that he claimed it was the most powerful inspect ever right as he was about to be lynched, and come D2 he says that it's actually something else entirely (it seems more like a watcher power to me).

Also what kind of third-party? Judging by your aggression at the birdy-bird, it seems more of a malevolent third-party yet you don't expound on it. What set it off, and given your thoughts on him, what makes him a more...well, a better option than who you think is scum?
I said he was anti-town in a response to him, in my last post. If I thought he was a town-friendly third party, I wouldn't be going after him.

...But given this, and my checks, Unvote. Comparing what my skimming has done with Cheet//birdy's relation, along with how Nerjin interacted..erh, can't quite see any malice between that in-between the lines.
Snipped most of the stuff here but, did you just unvote me in the same post?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: November 18, 2013, 06:05:45 pm »

Imp

I have a lot on my plate, and I thought I had answered that question. Regardless, my capacity for reading large posts is essentially null right now, so I very well could have missed it.

Regardless, my answer is constant and I fear that you are a bit confused. I don't fully understand the nature by which my role deals with redirects. People have to successfully visit me for me to detect them. I don't detect people who never reached me in the first place. Is that clear enough?

I won't lie though, there is one final aspect about my role that is not could still benefit us. However, I honestly doubt anyone who is voting me gives a hoot about what I claim. (Bird pun!) WIFOM, etc.
Eh, I do. You did mention an inspect going along and given the fullclaim..you may either be saving it if in case [SCUM_TEAM_STUFF] happens, which dictates all and any thoughts they may have in regard to you as a target or as a tool or..as anything, actually. Or you're saving it because of...the WIFOM it would create?

I don't get that (and ty for the summary)

It's more that I doubt it would change anything, due to the fact that all of my other claims have already been waived off as WIFOM. Right now, I am seen as scum, which prevents me from doing anything remotely useful. No claim of mine is going to change that, given the amount of tunneling that is going on.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: November 18, 2013, 06:08:06 pm »

Deathsword...

Could you explain what situations where in the early game that Informative Third Parties are more dangerous than the Scum Team?
BIRDS.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: November 18, 2013, 06:17:11 pm »

Imp

I have a lot on my plate, and I thought I had answered that question. Regardless, my capacity for reading large posts is essentially null right now, so I very well could have missed it.

Regardless, my answer is constant and I fear that you are a bit confused. I don't fully understand the nature by which my role deals with redirects. People have to successfully visit me for me to detect them. I don't detect people who never reached me in the first place. Is that clear enough?

Huh.  Your reply is clear but it does not answer my question - unless when you say "Regardless, my answer is constant" - you mean that you still won't answer it (constant, didn't answer before, won't answer now).

Short and sweet:  What were you talking about when you said this:

As a side note, Wubba alluded to the idea that I have been swapped, or that my role becomes a bit convoluted with swapping. Take this as you will. It's up to you guys at this point.

What swapping are you talking about?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: November 18, 2013, 06:39:32 pm »

Imp

Huh.  Your reply is clear but it does not answer my question - unless when you say "Regardless, my answer is constant" - you mean that you still won't answer it (constant, didn't answer before, won't answer now).

Short and sweet:  What were you talking about when you said this:

As a side note, Wubba alluded to the idea that I have been swapped, or that my role becomes a bit convoluted with swapping. Take this as you will. It's up to you guys at this point.

What swapping are you talking about?

Ah... This is the source of confusion...

Let's assume that me and another player swap places in the Night. I receive his visitors, and he receives mine. It's the same basis of a Redirect.
BIRDS.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: November 18, 2013, 06:48:47 pm »

Let's assume that me and another player swap places in the Night. I receive his visitors, and he receives mine. It's the same basis of a Redirect.

Aha!  Thank you, the only type of 'swap' I was aware of was a full role swap, an exchange with another player, and I thought your words meant a very unclear and evasive 'well maybe' we won't see the role you claimed if your role is flipped.

I completely retract that portion of my case against you - that portion was my misunderstanding and thus is false.

You are still my top Scum pick even without that part though, because of the remaining reasons in the case I presented previously, and I'm not changing my vote at this time.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: November 18, 2013, 08:11:37 pm »

Aha!  Thank you, the only type of 'swap' I was aware of was a full role swap, an exchange with another player, and I thought your words meant a very unclear and evasive 'well maybe' we won't see the role you claimed if your role is flipped.

I completely retract that portion of my case against you - that portion was my misunderstanding and thus is false.

You are still my top Scum pick even without that part though, because of the remaining reasons in the case I presented previously, and I'm not changing my vote at this time.

That is fine. Now. Would you kindly respond to this request?

But... Before the song ends, I would like to notice that there is an extreme focus on what makes me scum. Before I die, ask that anyone voting me indulge me in one last little game. 

All who vote me: The main focus of this game right now is on how I am scum. However, there is an argument to be made for the flipside of the coin. What could make me Townie? I ask this not to escape the noose, but to build material. I want everyone to express doubts if they have them, and for those doubts to be made known.
BIRDS.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: November 18, 2013, 08:56:31 pm »

That is fine. Now. Would you kindly respond to this request?

But... Before the song ends, I would like to notice that there is an extreme focus on what makes me scum. Before I die, ask that anyone voting me indulge me in one last little game. 

All who vote me: The main focus of this game right now is on how I am scum. However, there is an argument to be made for the flipside of the coin. What could make me Townie? I ask this not to escape the noose, but to build material. I want everyone to express doubts if they have them, and for those doubts to be made known.

Honestly, I consider that when I prepared my case on you - which I prepared because of my overall evaluation of you.

"What could make [you] Townie?" - that's the same things that make anyone Townie.  How you play, how you post.

You can stress and emphasize these things too, you know.

Are you Scumhunting?  Where, how who?  No really, I actually have to ask - Are you?

You don't have to 'stop your job' because someone is suspicious of you.  I'll cite TheWetSheep's current case on me.  He challenged my D1 case on TolyK (Odd that he didn't challenge it on D1, but alright) as hypocritical, that my pointing out TolyK's posts as active-lurking was unrelated to my case on him (hrm?), was a mixture of fluff and rolefishing accusations, and that I have no points outside my spoiler on him and my points inside the spoiler were overblown.

I answered his concerns with my reasoning and (given that I've been pretty time pressured until the middle of this weekend) moved on with what leads I could explore for everyone.

TheWetSheep replied with a post almost identical to his first, though he adds in accusations of buddying, bandwagoning and lying, connected to he doesn't know if I am but is that what I'm saying.  He reinterprets my answer to him, my explanation that I was giving TolyK much to choose to react to and not react to, not only in words but also in tone, so I could study not only his answers but what he chose to answer and what he chose to ignore as 'Throwing a random scumtell at someone to make my case bigger'.  That's a stretch, as where he takes it from isn't even my case against TolyK - in fact everything he's challenging isn't my actual case against TolyK.

There's nothing new for me to answer in his reply.  TheWetSheep's actually doing a form of what he accuses me of, he nearly claims he is when he includes "I don't know whether you have been or not." in connection with "So I'm justified in saying you've been bandwagoning, lying, and buddying?"

He's doing 'poke the player, see if it bleeds Scum'.  I don't challenge him for it because he's not looking highly Scummy to me - though he loses a few points for having 'let you go' the way he did and a few more for dropping his interrogation of me and for not really interrogating anyone else instead.  He has 'points to lose' though - he's near the middle of my suspicions list - there's a lot of pretty non-Town play going on in this game, which is sad because how do we pick out the weak players from the wicked?

But anyway, using my own behavior as a better example of how I expect Town to behave - I don't 'stop' and only deal with TheWetSheep's concerns.  I -do- address them.  But I keep doing my job, when I do and afterwards as well.  I am Scumhunting, I am trying to make the best choices I can.  I'm trying to figure out who's the most likely Scum and I am trying to verify it as best I can.

You appear mostly reactive/passive - you were willing to make big claims (you could have verified your beliefs starting early D1 and been -sure- you should be as enthusiastic as you felt about what you could do and how to do it...) that you then could not back up; you made them to save your own skin, and you did absolutely minimal 'work' (Town has a job to do!) both D1 and D2.

Tiruin calls you 'Cheerie', and she thinks you're more likely on the side of Town then not - which is great, but.  She has trouble backing that up with examples of your Townness too it seemed, just a 'feeling' mostly.  I do respect Tiruin's feelings, but she can be wrong too.

So you ask me to tell you - "What could make [you] Townie?"  Acting like it, from the start of play - that's the biggest thing that you could do to make me think you are Town.  Even if you're -bad- at trying to achieve Town wincon, -try to achieve it-.  Work.  If you're bad at it, know that all honest players are going to be trying to understand if you're bad at it or actually Scum.  And if a Scummy dude points at your imperfect Scumhunting and says 'Ha, that's Scummy!', that's great!  The honest players will be able to ask about that.  And keep asking.  And that Scummy dude has a real chance of just falling apart.

See, there's many ways to Scumhunt... some are aggressive, some are alluring.  Some are silly, some are scary, some are strange, and some are stranger than strange - some barely seem to make sense - but the thing is - they are doing something.  Even if it's hard to understand.  From you, Birdy, I just don't see your effort.  You don't appear to be working towards a Town win - but you do appear interested and highly motivated to work towards 'Birdy survives'.  It's fine to try not to die - but you appear to be mostly trying to not die.  You're 'forgetting' (or just don't care - or maybe just don't HAVE) a Town wincon that you're supposed to achieve (even if you're NOT TOWN you're supposed to be looking like you're trying to achieve it).

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: November 18, 2013, 09:15:14 pm »

I'll be ending the Day now, thank you. Sorry for the wait. I've been megabusy.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: November 18, 2013, 09:40:10 pm »

What would make you townie in my eyes, or what behaviour have you displayed that I could read as town? For the first, an easy way would be an investigation of you. More genuine scumhunting? You have been making attempts, but the larger focus of your posts appears to be on yourself rather than on others. The latter... there's something about your apparent willingness to go to the hanging that struck me as incredibly town, although you've much overplayed the "I would die for you!" card and it rings hollow at the moment. I do admire your eventual upfrontness about your claim, but that's tarnished by the lengths gone to to drag the actual detail of it out of you (to reveal that it was not quite as powerful as you thought.)
An aside - Regardless of what happens, if you do turn out to be Kent Brockman (town/scum/third party) that's a superb role to think of bringing.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: November 18, 2013, 10:03:49 pm »

I'll be ending the Day now, thank you. Sorry for the wait. I've been megabusy.
Aw krill. Just when I get into my breaktime..
[rest of post edited out]

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: November 18, 2013, 10:36:58 pm »

So... Eventually it all comes down to me not having enough time to actively pursue cases. Damn, that is a shitty way to die.

However, I will reiterate, I am not looking to live, and I have raised cases and points. They've just simply been ignored in lieu of forcing me to be on the defensive every time I logged on, and I didn't pursue the few cases I did have. In my opinion, that is a deep failure on both sides.

Good luck guys.
BIRDS.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: November 19, 2013, 09:11:02 am »

I don't think y'all realize you've been talking for 40 some posts after hammer...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 12 - Night 1: The Beginning
« Reply #553 on: November 19, 2013, 09:43:19 am »

Unless something has changed, Web doesn't tell you if you've been redirected.  For example, a standard cop inspect result from him would read "Action successful.  Target is [alignment]."  Not "[Player] is [alignment]" but just the word Target.

WUBA:  Can you verify this?
Usually, only blocks inform the target, and usually, targets are never verified.

WUBA:  How many kills does a standard protect work against?  One or all?
There are two types of protects: Protects that label how many protects they protect against, and protects that protect against 1 kill.

The three detectives searched endlessly for their clues, but some things just can't wait. Aidan got out of his seat and walked out of the theater. The light blinded him for a second, but he continued his journey.

Before he could make it to his final destination, he heard the usher shout toward him.

"Hey! Aren't you that one guy from that one show?!"

Aidan smiled. "I see my reputation precedes me. Yes, it is me-"

"You're James Bond, right?"

Aidan rolled his eyes and turned back to his journey.

"Wait, no, that's not right. You're definitely from something though."

"Look, I've really gotta go-"

"You're that guy in Superman, right?"

"What?"

"No, wait, you're from, like-"

"It's alright, I've-"

"Lord of the Rings?"

Aidan turned around and walked the rest of the way. Just as he was about to reach it...

"Sorry, bro," the usher yelled to him. "Bathroom's broke."

Vote Count
------------------------
birdy51 -
Cheeetar - Deathsword, Toaster, Shakerag, Imp, Nerjin, Nerjin,
Deathsword -
Imp - TheWetSheep,
Nerjin - The_Iqovian, The_Iqovian, Tiruin, Cheeetar,
notquitethere -
Shakerag -
The_Iqovian -
TheWetSheep -
Tiruin - notquitethere,
Toaster -
No Lynch -

Not Voting -

6 To Hammer. Day ends Friday 9 PM Central.

Cheeetar has been lynched!

Cheeetar was Petyr Baelish (lyncher).

Cheeetar - Petyr Baelish
(1-Shot, Day) Master of Coin [target]: Prevent the target from being lynched during this Day.
(1-Shot, Night) Game of Thrones [target]: the target becomes King for the next Day. All other players have no votes.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 12 - Night 2: Game Of Blame Me For Taking Forever
« Reply #554 on: November 19, 2013, 09:46:33 am »

Oh, and The_Iqovian died from a heart attack or something.

The_Iqovian - Exarch
(Auto/1-Shot, Day) Leader/Save [target]: You have one additional vote. Using this ability removes the extra vote, but blocks the lynch of whomever you choose for one Day.
(Auto/1-Shot, Night) Law/Lawbreaker [target]: You have one additional action at Night. Using this ability removes the extra action, but grants another player one additional action at Night.
(Night) Limited Authority [target1] [target2]: Sometimes, you just don’t have the ability to choose what you want to do. So, whatever the crown hands to you, you’ll have to hand out to others. You use a random action from this list:
Hide, Bus, Block, Randomize, Redirect, Protect, Motivate, Nothing, Kill, Inspect, Track, Watch
You are told what ability you used. No ability may be selected twice in a row.

The something is me modkilling him.

He was Town.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 10:54:28 am by webadict »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 48