Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 39

Author Topic: The mars anchor war: fighting the wyrmlings  (Read 39860 times)

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
Re: The mars anchor war: fighting the wyrmlings
« Reply #435 on: August 29, 2013, 04:59:24 pm »

((DICE.  STAHP!  WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! 
I thought my gun was a shotgun...?))

Lilia realizes, quite seriously, that this wasn't a pleasure trip and the rude awakening came from clammy chill that radiated up from her ensnared leg.  Already fearful, the addition of this direct physical contact with the creatures pushes her into complete terror and she screams, a shrill noise born from the upper registers of the recluse's disused voicebox.  Always nervous and frightened around other people, her extreme social discomfort paled considerably in comparison to the cold knowledge that she is currently caught in the hands of a walking corpse.  This was true panic.

KICKITOFFKICKITOFFKICKITOFFKICKITOFF!  Lilia desperately tries to free herself and scrabble away! 

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: August 29, 2013, 05:03:02 pm »

"I HEARD A SCREAM OF TERROR! I BET ACHMEED REALLY WAS A TERRORIST! I'LL SAVE YOU TERRORIZED PERSON!" <--- how Terrry actually thinks :P

SAVE TERRORIZED PERSON FROM TERRORIST. USE MACE HAND.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: August 29, 2013, 05:03:58 pm »

Harveys head snaps around briefly before he swears.

" Oh for the love of... every time I look away that girl gets herself into trouble. You 2 stay here those things won't need long to get out. Block the trap door or something while I go save her ungrateful ass.... again. "

Run over to her, introduce the ugly things arm to my axe and head to my mace then if it's dead help her up.

(( The guy with 0 melee combat skill is going to try to save her in melee combat.... if this goes as well as her attempt with a gun then I'm going on record as saying I saw it coming. ))
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 05:05:33 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: August 29, 2013, 05:07:41 pm »

(( The guy with 0 melee combat skill is going to try to save her in melee combat.... if this goes as well as her attempt with a gun then I'm going on record as saying I saw it coming. ))
((Hey it worked on the tactical retreat. Shapeshifting kinda gives me the ability to hold my own in melee.))

Indeed, I do this.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: August 29, 2013, 05:08:43 pm »

(( Not really you still got -1 lol, you just got lucky and rolled a 4 and a 5 so your -1 didn't lower your roll to a fail.

I ain't against it lol, just saying if you roll a 1-2 now I saw it coming and Lilia will probably feel it. ))
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 05:11:02 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: August 29, 2013, 05:14:29 pm »

((You picked up a shotgun, yes, but you still have your pistol. It's my mistake, I should've realised you'd want to use the shotgun right now. I apologize. This is for everyone, as of now try and be really specific what weapon you want to use when attacking, so I don't have to chance to be a dummy and use the wrong one.))

((Hey it worked on the tactical retreat. Shapeshifting kinda gives me the ability to hold my own in melee.))
((indeed, you roll with strength for your shapeshifted hand, not melee. This because it's technically part of your body, not a weapon you're holding. You still have -1 for str rolls though.))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: August 29, 2013, 05:16:34 pm »

(( I figured as much which is why I always specify which weapon and what body part I'm hitting it with. Even if it is mostly a case of blunt object to the head. ))
Caine's law.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: August 29, 2013, 05:22:16 pm »

((I did not remember the existence of my pistol, so I had assumed it would be the shotgun.  With my rolls though, it wouldn't have been much help anyway, and I could always attribute picking up the pistol first as an automatic reaction.))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: August 29, 2013, 06:28:51 pm »

((wait did we all get pistols as standard issue or was that just Lalasa?))

Indeed, I do this.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: August 29, 2013, 06:31:40 pm »

(( We all did, I got a hatchet as well because the quarter master likes me. ))
Caine's law.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: August 29, 2013, 11:56:08 pm »

Oh, these momentous choices. How dramatic, how dramatic indeed.

Look for any place that might have explosives or fireworks topside (if I find such a place, obtain explosives or fireworks if there are any), and do so quickly.

((If necessary for the next two or three days, one of the other players can submit an action for Joy, as I will be gone. If nobody does, default to looking for more explosive devices.))
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 12:05:13 am by Harry Baldman »

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: August 30, 2013, 09:34:00 am »

Eleanor screamed out in pain as the bullet grazed past her leg and she fell to the ground clutching at the wound. Through the pain she tried to focus channelling her healing magic and closing up the wound
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: August 31, 2013, 04:10:38 pm »

Lilia realizes, quite seriously, that this wasn't a pleasure trip and the rude awakening came from clammy chill that radiated up from her ensnared leg.  Already fearful, the addition of this direct physical contact with the creatures pushes her into complete terror and she screams, a shrill noise born from the upper registers of the recluse's disused voicebox.  Always nervous and frightened around other people, her extreme social discomfort paled considerably in comparison to the cold knowledge that she is currently caught in the hands of a walking corpse.  This was true panic.

KICKITOFFKICKITOFFKICKITOFFKICKITOFF!  Lilia desperately tries to free herself and scrabble away!
You make some panicked noises, not quite managing to produce actual words in your panic. [str=2-1] You kick at ugly's head, but your feeble attmpts don't seem to deter him from grappling his way upwards. His mouth opens and it looks as if he's about to do something.

"I HEARD A SCREAM OF TERROR! I BET ACHMEED REALLY WAS A TERRORIST! I'LL SAVE YOU TERRORIZED PERSON!" <--- how Terrry actually thinks :P

SAVE TERRORIZED PERSON FROM TERRORIST. USE MACE HAND.

[str=5-1] You run up to to Lilia, currently trying to keep ugly from getting closer to her. You swing your arm in a wide arc while yelling "HAMMER TIME, BITCH". Your mace hand clips ugly in the side of the head, taking a large chunk of rotten flesh off and sending him flying towards the floor a good meter away.

Harveys head snaps around briefly before he swears.

" Oh for the love of... every time I look away that girl gets herself into trouble. You 2 stay here those things won't need long to get out. Block the trap door or something while I go save her ungrateful ass.... again. "

Run over to her, introduce the ugly things arm to my axe and head to my mace then if it's dead help her up.

[strength=5+1] You walk over to ugly, now on the ground and trying to get up. You smash your axe into his arm, pinning him to the ground. You then grab your mace with both hands and start hammering him. First his arms, then his chest, moving all the way to his head. After about a solid minute of smashing, all that remains is a pulpy mess. You pick your axe back up and help Lilia on her feet.

Oh, these momentous choices. How dramatic, how dramatic indeed.

Look for any place that might have explosives or fireworks topside (if I find such a place, obtain explosives or fireworks if there are any), and do so quickly.

((If necessary for the next two or three days, one of the other players can submit an action for Joy, as I will be gone. If nobody does, default to looking for more explosive devices.))
You run around the town square, hastily looking through the building for explosives. [per=1] You find a rusty cast iron pan. You try and extend your senses along it, but alas, it doesn't seem like it's explosive. It's rather sturdy though.

Eleanor screamed out in pain as the bullet grazed past her leg and she fell to the ground clutching at the wound. Through the pain she tried to focus channelling her healing magic and closing up the wound
You scream in pain and crumple to the floor as Harvey and Terry rush off toward Lilia. Blood is positively gushing from the wound. You bite down and blink the tears out of your eyes and try to concentrate. [adept=6] You feel the blood stopping and you can see the flesh knitting itself together. In a few seconds time there is no more wound. It seems like you regrew a bit too much skin though, the scar tissue forming a noticeble bumb on your leg.

You all hear a loud, baritone growl coming from inside the church. This seems to drive the drones mad with rage, and they start shrieking even louder than before. You can hear the wood from the hatch inside being broken and tossed around. [Eleanor reflex=5] Eleanor forgets about her freshly healed wound in an instant and quickly pulls the church doors shut, blocking it off with an old piece of wood. It won't hold for long against the onslaught, but it will buy you some time.

From all around the town, you see faint shimmers in the air. Slowly, you see shapes materializing, probably the ghost people Joy was talking about. They come from the edges of the town, slowly making their way towards the center.

((Sorry that I didn't update yesterday. I've been very busy and tired these past few days as I mentioned before, so I hope you didn't mind too watch me skipping a day.))

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: August 31, 2013, 04:30:13 pm »

Holy mother of--!
Realizing how close she had come to getting bitten or worse by that, Lilia unsteadily lurches about for a bit after being picked up by Harvey then slowly begins to cry, silent tears of terror dripping down her face, quite the contrast to her reaction a few moments before.  Forgetting her earlier animosity, she chooses instead to toddle behind Harvey and clutch at his sleeve, looking quite a bit like a very spooked child.

"IwanttogohomeIwanttogohooomeIwanttogohomewhy...!"

Lilia hangs around Harvey with the lack of a drive to do much else.  Despite the lack of a wind, she resembles a leaf quite well at the moment and seems to be getting quieter every moment, as if the panic had completely destroyed her will to speak.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 31, 2013, 08:06:27 pm »

Harvey looks at her worriedly for a moment expecting to get hit or thrown again then sighs and tucks his weapons into his belt before hugging her to his chest and stroking her hair soothingly trying to calm her.

" Calm down hunni your fine now it's gone and I promise you it ain't getting back up. More of those things like shaky are coming hunni I'm gonna need my arms. Just stay nearby to me and for the love of god don't try shooting anything ok? I'll make sure nothing happens to you."

Harvey lets go of her and heads back towards the church lifting his hatchet and mace again and checking to make sure Lilia is staying close to him.

Harvey picks up the key from the body and tucks it into his pocket for later then heads towards the church to peer through the key hole and see how many monsters are inside while checking on the grenades he was given earlier.

" Get away from the church everyone this is gonna be messy and you don't wanna bee in the splash zone, Lilia please try to focus in a minute I might need you to help me with that gift of yours ok? "
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 09:59:45 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 39