Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 39

Author Topic: The mars anchor war: fighting the wyrmlings  (Read 39882 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The mars anchor war: fighting the wyrmlings
« Reply #420 on: August 28, 2013, 11:40:53 am »

Head back upstairs... fast/

" I suggest you 2 runs away, quickly. "
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 28, 2013, 11:57:28 am »

"As a matter of fact, yes! Very much so! There's lots of worms and shrieking down there, and I believe bad things may begin to happen soon. Tell me, was the Wyrm of Pestilence entombed in order to defeat it? And do you know where we could find an artifact down there? Really, I mean?"

Ask.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 28, 2013, 03:35:07 pm »

TACTICAL RETREAT. I SHALL BE THE REAR GUARD. I PUNCH THINGS THAT FOLLOW US WHILE THE GROUP MOVES UPWARDS. WITH MY MACE HAND.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: August 28, 2013, 06:23:49 pm »

((One question before I post- Does Lilia or the ugly thing have the key?))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 28, 2013, 06:34:52 pm »

(( the key is held by the ugly thing))

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: August 28, 2013, 06:59:41 pm »

((>:U Why ugly thing, why?!))

Revulsion squirmed through Lilia's body as she gazed at the disgusting creature that began to inch its way towards her.  When she lifted whatever was in the pond out, she didn't expect to find this at the end of it, and in fact she had secretly hoped it was the artifact.  Instead what she beheld now could only be described as a quickly moving human torso with a key stuck in it. 

"Ugh, what the hell!!"

Thinking about what to do, Lilia decides to grab her gun and attempt to shoot holes in the thing.  If that doesn't work, she'll make a run for the church.  A really fast run.

((At first I thought I should make her run.  Then I realized Lilia has a gun.  Hopefully I won't regret this, haha.))

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 28, 2013, 07:07:18 pm »

Upon seeing the monstrous sight and the fact that Harvey and Terry were both retreating she decided to do exactly the same.

Head back upstairs
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 29, 2013, 04:17:54 pm »

TACTICAL RETREAT. I SHALL BE THE REAR GUARD. I PUNCH THINGS THAT FOLLOW US WHILE THE GROUP MOVES UPWARDS. WITH MY MACE HAND.
Head back upstairs... fast/

" I suggest you 2 runs away, quickly. "
Thinking the same thing, you both start to leg it towards the hatch. Harvey makes it there without much trouble and throws his mace through the hatch before climbing after it. Terry, with his heavy scales, falls behind slightly and sees one of the drones going for a grab. [agility=4-1] He doesn't get a decent hold of you, but you lose your balance and stumble. When you regain your balance you see he's going in for an attack, mouth wide open and filled with the little worms. [strenght=5-1] You decide that you will have none of this shit, and swing your mace hand, hard. It's a slow, heavy swing and about halfway through you feel the spikes dig into the side of his head. He makes a quick startled sound that is quickly silenced when his head is squashed between you mace hand and the wall. You scramble after Harvey and after closing the hatch you both go to exit the church. On your way out you can hear them clawing at the hatch, the wood creaking under their assault. It's only a matter of time before they pour into the town.

Upon seeing the monstrous sight and the fact that Harvey and Terry were both retreating she decided to do exactly the same.

Head back upstairs
Having a gut feeling, you head back upstairs before Harvey or Terry react, being the first out of the hatch. You exit the chruch. You see Lilia having some trouble in the distance.

Revulsion squirmed through Lilia's body as she gazed at the disgusting creature that began to inch its way towards her.  When she lifted whatever was in the pond out, she didn't expect to find this at the end of it, and in fact she had secretly hoped it was the artifact.  Instead what she beheld now could only be described as a quickly moving human torso with a key stuck in it. 

"Ugh, what the hell!!"

Thinking about what to do, Lilia decides to grab her gun and attempt to shoot holes in the thing.  If that doesn't work, she'll make a run for the church.  A really fast run.

You grab your nondescript 9mm pistol and take aim. [guns=2-1] You fumble with the pistol, after the first shot goes out you panic for a moment and accidentally squeeze of 4 more. They all go wide, peppering the ground around ugly. One shot goes drastically wide, [luck=2] going straight towards the church doors. [Eleanor luck=3] The bullet grazes Eleanor in the leg. It makes a fleshwound, it hurts and it bleeds a lot, but it isn't all that serious. You decide the correct response would be to leg it [agility=1] Only your legs have no intention of actually "legging it" and decide to make you trip over your own feet. As you're eating dirt, you feel a cold, slimy hand grab hold of your left leg.

"As a matter of fact, yes! Very much so! There's lots of worms and shrieking down there, and I believe bad things may begin to happen soon. Tell me, was the Wyrm of Pestilence entombed in order to defeat it? And do you know where we could find an artifact down there? Really, I mean?"

Ask.
He looks quite worried now. "I believe that the shrieking answers your first question. As for your second question, I believe it answered by the first one, what would make a creature that has been dormant for centuries suddenly go all out and attack? I fear that you stand at a crossroads in your life, girl. You must now make a choice, one I cannot tell you the correct answer to. Know this, however, that whatever choice you make here will have dire consequences and the wrong choice may very well end your adventure before it has even started." He looks you in the eyes "Should beast  escape, it would spell doom for this entire region, perhaps the entire continent. Go now, make your choice, choose your destiny." He walks back towards the chruch, fussing over the girl "there there, sweetheart, you're safe now. Your mother will be so pleased to see you" He stops at the door and turns back one last time before going inside "Remember, you are never alone or without options, you just need to know where you can find help." And so Uriel the archangel, the light of God, watchman, guardian over free will, goes inside to reunite a girl with her mother.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 04:42:18 pm by Pancaek »

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 29, 2013, 04:33:14 pm »

(( Lilia is not having a good day lol. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 29, 2013, 04:41:52 pm »

((Yeah, Random.org really dipped into the low numbers in her action))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 29, 2013, 04:47:16 pm »

(( Well the -1 doesn't help her. Can we see Lilia as well since she's not far from the church doors? ))
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 04:50:55 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 29, 2013, 04:51:38 pm »

((Um why would she use her pistol when she has a shotgun...?))

Indeed, I do this.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 29, 2013, 04:54:02 pm »

(( DO NOT ENCOURAGE HER!!!! ))
Caine's law.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 29, 2013, 04:59:00 pm »

(( DO NOT ENCOURAGE HER!!!! ))

((Yes because we obviously wouldn't want to help save our teammates life by having her use a gun more likely to hit her attacker. THAT WOULD BE TERRIBLE))

Indeed, I do this.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 29, 2013, 04:59:14 pm »

(( Well the -1 doesn't help her. Can we see Lilia as well since she's not far from the church doors? ))
((yeah, the doors are open, so you can see her. But she is rather far away, seeing as pond is right next to where you originally entered.))
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 39