Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 39

Author Topic: The mars anchor war: fighting the wyrmlings  (Read 39971 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: The mars anchor war: digging pits in the middle of town
« Reply #270 on: August 13, 2013, 12:21:00 pm »

At this questioning Terrys voice climbs a few octaves
"Ummm AAAAAACTUALLY I feel like exploring the scarycave! SCARYCAVE OHO!"

Terry all but sprints into the scarycave, not really caring what is down there.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 13, 2013, 04:11:45 pm »

"I'm still not convinced that this is a mole man city"

Begin to look around the area
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 13, 2013, 04:58:45 pm »

Look around and go collect the torch.

" Mole man city, told you!!! "
YOu rush after the torch, grabbing it when it reaches the end of the stairs. It still seems functional, god bless ugly yet utilitarian engineering. You stand up and look around...

Joy stares at Terry for a few moments. Erm... this was awkward.

"Say, um... little guy, do you feel unusual? Like, in the mood to torture small animals and whatnot?"

Examine Terry. Divine if he's currently being possessed by anything.
YOu attempt to reach out with your senses to Terry, but he runs off through the hole. You follow him, once you're on the other side you give him a quick once-over. 'twould seem this man is a deeply disturbed individual, but there is no sign of possession.

Mentally facepalming, Lilia looks at the hole with distaste.  Well, at least she definitely doesn't have her own light now and she wasn't sure if she wanted to know where it went.  Although Harvey was a major pain, she didn't feel terribly safe hanging back either.  Something could crawl in again and kill her.

With few other options, Lilia crawls through Harvey's hole and looks around at the "moleman" city, which frankly sounds ridiculous.
YOu crawl ot the other side

At this questioning Terrys voice climbs a few octaves
"Ummm AAAAAACTUALLY I feel like exploring the scarycave! SCARYCAVE OHO!"

Terry all but sprints into the scarycave, not really caring what is down there.
Sprintan', crawlan', staran' at the town.

"I'm still not convinced that this is a mole man city"

Begin to look around the area
You shine your flashlight, and look around.

You all stand on various heights on the ancient stairs and point your flashlights around. What must once have been a beautiful countryside town is now a grey and brown wasteland. The ground is barren and completely devoid of life, some shriveled up weeds the only sign that something once grew here. Calling what must once have been cozy cottages ruins is an insult to respectable ruins all over the world. The wood has rotten and the stones have gone grimy with age, most of the houses have simply fallen to pieces, nothing remaining. You can still see a rather large chapel, its roof caved in at the back. To the right of the chapel is a peculiar stone building. It seems to be a stone rectangle, standing upright, but it has no windows or doors. To the left of the staircase is a sad pond, its waters murky and deep. To your surprise you spot a mansion to your right, nestled in between the ruins of other houses, it looks remarkebly intact. The wood has discolored somewhat, but you don't see any real damage from this distance. It is surrounded by a garden, now devoid of plants, and a rather large wall with a cast-iron gate.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 13, 2013, 05:34:49 pm »

"OH HEY SEER I THINK YOU SHOULD TOTALLY FORGET ABOUT WHATEVER YOU ARE CURRENTLY THINKING ABOUT AND TRY AND SEE INTO THIS PLACES PAST OR SOMETHING....YOU CAN DO THAT RIGHT? IT WILL REALLY HELP US NOT BE ATTACKED BY EACH OTHER. OR NOT EACH OTHER. DEFINATELY NOT EACH OTHER. THAT WOULD BE SILLY.

Indeed, I do this.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 13, 2013, 05:41:01 pm »

Well nothing else for it sooo, TO THE CHURCH!!!!! Search it for pointy things, like a sword.  (( I keep hoping I roll a 5 and find some ancient magic sword or something. ))

Harvey turns around briefly and holds the torch out to Lilia before taking off towards the church.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 09:07:44 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 13, 2013, 07:54:33 pm »

Debating on whether or not she wanted to take the still functioning light from Harvey, Lilia does and quickly backs away from the group without making a sound or even saying where she's going.  She doubted she'd be missed anyway.

The mansion seemed like a great place to find a hidden artifact, so Lilia decides to explore there.  If she could find something interesting relatively quickly, she may not get attacked by anything.

For once in her life, Lilia secretly hopes she'll be followed yet is too frightened to ask.  There was an evil feeling in this city after all.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 13, 2013, 09:09:52 pm »

Sighing to himself noticing where Lilia was going Harvey muttered about pain in the asses for a moment before discreetly moving to follow her.

" Damn it, idiots gonna get herself killed and I really wanted to see what mole men worship. "

Follow Lilia quietly, don't reveal myself unless she gets into trouble if she does move to help her.

Keep my eyes open for anything of the hacking or stabbing variety of weapon and take it if I spot something.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 14, 2013, 05:48:35 am »

Sighing to himself noticing where Lilia was going Harvey muttered about pain in the asses for a moment before discreetly moving to follow her.

" Damn it, idiots gonna get herself killed and I really wanted to see what mole men worship. "

Follow Lilia quietly, don't reveal myself unless she gets into trouble if she does move to help her.

Keep my eyes open for anything of the hacking or stabbing variety of weapon and take it if I spot something.

((You uh....you still sticking to that "not a stalker" story of yours? :P))

Indeed, I do this.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 14, 2013, 06:02:59 am »

Joy sighs with relief as she speaks to Terry.

"Oh, thank God. I thought you might have been possessed or something, turns out you're just creepy. Don't scare me like that, man."

Turn on own flashlight, reach out with seer powers, try to sense general points of interest, disturbances and so forth in the area.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 14, 2013, 07:44:52 am »

Joy sighs with relief as she speaks to Terry.

"Oh, thank God. I thought you might have been possessed or something, turns out you're just creepy. Don't scare me like that, man."

Turn on own flashlight, reach out with seer powers, try to sense general points of interest, disturbances and so forth in the area.

((So your NOT gonna take my suggestion and try out some retrocognition? I only suggested it because I figured knowing what came before might help our task))

Indeed, I do this.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 14, 2013, 07:47:28 am »

((I kind of don't want to try that just now, at least not on the whole village - got a near-overload on the brain just from finding out the layout of the base way back when. If I try to find out the past of this village, it might really have dire consequences.))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 14, 2013, 08:03:32 am »

((Oh don't be such a baby! A little brain damage won't kill you. Just be extremely uncomfortable and crippling later on! GO FOR IT :P))

Indeed, I do this.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 14, 2013, 08:24:19 am »

((Oh don't be such a baby! A little brain damage won't kill you. Just be extremely uncomfortable and crippling later on! GO FOR IT :P))

((I doubt it would be of much use, anyway. Besides, the past of this place is several hundred years of being underground at the very least, and before that, who knows? Several centuries of detailed history would probably yield no useful results, anyway. Stuff like discovering the past of a place shall be saved up until I have a +1 to adept magic at the very least. One mustn't overstep their boundaries.))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 14, 2013, 09:58:19 am »

((Speaking of which, I've been meaning to ask our magnificent overlord how bonuses are calculated. Specifically what level do we get +1 +2, etc.))

Indeed, I do this.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 14, 2013, 10:02:28 am »

(( It's all in the OP information. ))
Caine's law.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 39