Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 39

Author Topic: The mars anchor war: fighting the wyrmlings  (Read 39965 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: The mars anchor war: digging pits in the middle of town
« Reply #255 on: August 12, 2013, 05:15:41 pm »

((Hey don't we have headset radio things? Could we contact Morgan or whatever his name is?))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 12, 2013, 05:22:25 pm »

((Hey don't we have headset radio things? Could we contact Morgan or whatever his name is?))
((you've got PDA's. they act as short range 2-way walkie talkies and have a messenger function for longer ranges. So, you could message Morgan))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 12, 2013, 05:31:12 pm »

" Who knows, we'll find out when I capture one and make you all accept I was right all along. Until then if you ain't gonna do something useful then go talk to your monk or something I'm busy working down here. "

(( Does doing physical activities do anything to help increase my physical skills? ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 12, 2013, 05:33:41 pm »

Message Morgan that we found a underground city and are preparing to explore. Also describe Shaky and ask if he was a vampire/what the black lines were.

Indeed, I do this.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 12, 2013, 05:34:46 pm »

" Who knows, we'll find out when I capture one and make you all accept I was right all along. Until then if you ain't gonna do something useful then go talk to your monk or something I'm busy working down here. "

"And who knows, maybe you'll stop being an insufferable prick when a monster lays eggs in your face. We can all hope for miracles, can we not?"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 12, 2013, 05:43:47 pm »

(( Does doing physical activities do anything to help increase my physical skills? ))
((Nyet, you can shoot a gun as many times as you want and pound the wall as much as you want. But you won't get any bonusses until you invest points into the relevant skill. Though if I see that you're getting murdermangled constantly, I'll throw some extra points or gear your way. You can't just become super powerful, you are still normal people remember, but I'll try to make sure you always stand a chance.))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 12, 2013, 05:59:26 pm »

(( Well to be fair a normal person doing physical activities gets stronger just like somebody practicing something gets better at it. But I understand your point. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 12, 2013, 06:35:00 pm »

((So when do we get these points? After a mission Einsteinian Roulette Style?))

Indeed, I do this.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 12, 2013, 07:06:42 pm »

(( I'd guess so just like in mission based video games. You spend time between missions using your points and money and stuff but this does raise a question I'd forgotten.

Does the base have a shop or something for us to buy equipment or is that all done through the guy who gave me the Hatchet. ))
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 07:37:16 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 12, 2013, 07:34:01 pm »

Lilia suffers through the bickering in silence, glad that Harvey's attention was temporarily diverted away from her.  To say that Lilia was disappointed by the lack of tunnels was a understatement; Harvey's small hole was not appealing at all.

Using the same trick to look for large tunnels, Lilia tries to explore the small hole a bit with her floating flashlight.  The other alternative would have most likely been her crawling through there, and she didn't want to try that at all.  Skittering bugs and slithering reptiles were just as disgusting as oddly-acting vampires.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 09:57:43 am by Lalasa »

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 13, 2013, 08:07:51 am »

Eleanor sighed slightly as her two companions began to argue, it didn't really seem like the time or the place they could be attacked at any moment. She eyed the hole in the wall wondering what on earth could be inside, probably nothing pleasant but it seemed like it was the only way forward for now.

Reluctantly she followed Harvey into the hole

* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 13, 2013, 10:18:08 am »

Joy feels that maybe giving the guy an Indian burn may have been going a bit too far.

"Um, sorry, little guy. I was just kinda taken with these horrible images of puppy torture that flashed through my mind. Gut reaction, you know. Sorry. However, I'm pretty sure something... really evil is really close by."

Clear head. Try to ascertain the position of this nearby evil.
[adept=5] Oh god it's right next to you! Maybe it's possesed Terry, dear god what will we do?!

Joy feels that maybe giving the guy an Indian burn may have been going a bit too far.

"Um, sorry, little guy. I was just kinda taken with these horrible images of puppy torture that flashed through my mind. Gut reaction, you know. Sorry. However, I'm pretty sure something... really evil is really close by."

Clear head. Try to ascertain the position of this nearby evil.

((I LOVE that the evil is me in this :P))

"Umm...right....I'm gonna go stand over there now."

Stand away from the indian burner
You see joy looking at you as you were possesed. You wisely go stand a few steps away from her.

" Well congratulations, you've finally managed to work out what I discovered an hour ago and dug us an entrance into. I'm so impressed your magical skills are almost as effective as my common sense.

Now, ME FIRST!!!!
"

Go through my new hole and look around, keep axe and hammer in hand.
You crawl through the hole and exit on the other side. Its dark, so you shine your flashlight around. It seems you're standing at the top of a staircase, made of old and worn stones. You look behind you and see that the wall once probably belonged to a large structure. In front of you lies a very peculiar sight. You're standing in a giant cavern, the weak light from the flashlight doesn't show you exacly how big it is, and there's an entire town here. Everything is quiet, save for the occasional creaking of rotten wood.

Message Morgan that we found a underground city and are preparing to explore. Also describe Shaky and ask if he was a vampire/what the black lines were.
Code: [Select]
Hey Morgan, it's Terry, the guy you intimidated a few 250 years back into following you? Fun times. Anywho, we found an underground complex of sorts, maybe there will be treasure!

We also had to murder and old man, because he came limping up to us and screamed with his mouth hanging all the way to his chest, attached by living black string, what the fuck is up with that, eh? do you think he was a vampire?

Love-Terry

You press send, and the little device jingles. Hopefully Morgan isn't too busy.

Lilia suffers through the bickering in silence, glad that Harvey's attention was temporarily diverted away from her.  To say that Lilia was disappointed by the lack of tunnels was a understatement; Harvey's small hole was not appealing at all.

Using the same trick to look for large tunnels, Lilia tries to explore the small hole a bit with her floating flashlight.  The other alternative would have most likely been her crawling through there, and she didn't want to try that at all.  Skittering bugs and slithering reptiles were just as disgusting as oddly-acting vampires.

Adept=1+1 You send the flashlight through the hole, but lose your concentration when Terry's PDA jingles. You drop the flashlight, and can hear it tumbling down the stairs, the sound being exceptionally loud in the otherwise quiet cave.

Eleanor sighed slightly as her two companions began to argue, it didn't really seem like the time or the place they could be attacked at any moment. She eyed the hole in the wall wondering what on earth could be inside, probably nothing pleasant but it seemed like it was the only way forward for now.

Reluctantly she followed Harvey into the hole
YOu follow Harvey through and also come face to face with the sight of the ghost town. creepy.

Q&A time with uncle Pancaek!
((So when do we get these points? After a mission Einsteinian Roulette Style?))
((Exactly, you'll get points to spend after each mission and perhaps after very difficult battles or other special events, if I feel I need to balance the scales somewhat.))

(( I'd guess so just like in mission based video games. You spend time between missions using your points and money and stuff but this does raise a question I'd forgotten.

Does the base have a shop or something for us to buy equipment or is that all done through the guy who gave me the Hatchet. ))
((The base does not have a shop, but we do have Morgan who may be able to requisition some standard equipment. Your main way to get gear is to find it in the field, or to bring magical artifacts to Invuss and strange parts/weapons/whataver to Veronica. They might hook you up with something nice in exchange for those. Also, We will have a definate ending to this rtd at some point. As such, and for reasons I can't mention right here, we won't have a shop or money system.))

((If you have any questions, feel free to PM, email, or write them right here if you don't mind wall of text updates))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 13, 2013, 11:14:23 am »

Look around and go collect the torch.

" Mole man city, told you!!! "
Caine's law.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 13, 2013, 11:47:44 am »

Joy stares at Terry for a few moments. Erm... this was awkward.

"Say, um... little guy, do you feel unusual? Like, in the mood to torture small animals and whatnot?"

Examine Terry. Divine if he's currently being possessed by anything.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 13, 2013, 12:17:35 pm »

Mentally facepalming, Lilia looks at the hole with distaste.  Well, at least she definitely doesn't have her own light now and she wasn't sure if she wanted to know where it went.  Although Harvey was a major pain, she didn't feel terribly safe hanging back either.  Something could crawl in again and kill her.

With few other options, Lilia crawls through Harvey's hole and looks around at the "moleman" city, which frankly sounds ridiculous.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 39