Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 39

Author Topic: The mars anchor war: fighting the wyrmlings  (Read 39934 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: The mars anchor war: digging pits in the middle of town
« Reply #195 on: August 10, 2013, 08:14:36 pm »

(( Hey when did you get a grenade? Did I miss something? The only ones I remember are the ones that were given to me. ))

((I took one when you weren't looking...or something. Shut up, he said to distribute it amongst ourselves, and I distributed one to myself :P))

"So... um... does that whole thing we talked about with the ixnay on the entioningmay apply when I'm talking to you?"

Ask.
He looks toward the woman and, satisfied that she is too busy praying for her life, redirects his attention abck to you. "Hmm, I suppose we can talk about your...experience when no-one else is listening." He frowns, just a slight bit. "It is rather rude to simply root into someones memory uninvited, you know. But, ah, the adventurous spirit of youth. Ask away, young seer, and I shall answer to the best of my abilities." He looks toward the door for a second. "Just so you know, your companions are fighting something evil outside, but they have it outnumbered 4 to 1." He then looks at you, waiting for a question.

((Also you apparently took many, many hours to ask that one question, and get a reply. ARE YOU NARCOLEPTIC OR SOMETHING?))
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 08:18:26 pm by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 10, 2013, 08:18:52 pm »

(( Pft, that means I distribute it not you magically have it without ever actually getting it. I'm pretty sure you have to do a roll to try and steal from me. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 10, 2013, 08:20:13 pm »

(( Pft, that means I distribute it not you magically have it without ever actually getting it. I'm pretty sure you have to do a roll to try and steal from me. ))

((SHUT UP BEFORE THE GM HEARS YOU. THE ONLY REASON WE'RE FIGHTING THIS IS BECAUSE YOU WERE BEING A TOTAL STALKER, DON'T BE A GLORYHOG TOO.))

Indeed, I do this.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 10, 2013, 08:28:13 pm »

(( Lol how was I being a stalker? I was digging a hole and going down to check out the mole men city I found. I'm not the one he came after lol. ))

"Lilia you can make things fly!!! Float your lazy ass out of that hole damnit we're busy. Or did wetting yourself because of a little scream wipe your memory as well? "
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 10, 2013, 08:42:16 pm »

"I'll float your ass into the mouth of whatever monster you're fighting!" she screeches, rage flooding through her system. 

As she looks for a way out, she loads her boomstick gun which Harvey seems to have conveniently forgotten about.  She also tries levitating it, then a small attempt at levitating herself.

Once I get out, I'll have a bit of target practice with my new gun.  That will be sure to keep him away from me!

((You do realize I haven't levitated anything heavier than fountain water?  But no matter.  Since you seem to have such helpful suggestions for my recluse, we'll see how well she takes to them.  And how well she can aim.  I can't wait to see if she's an accurate shot.))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 10, 2013, 08:57:03 pm »

(( Hah I kinda figured this was gonna happen sooner or later. Love hate Relationship. But with your gun skill the odds of you beating me are slim enough that it's worth the risk. ))
Caine's law.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 11, 2013, 02:52:54 am »

"I doubt I can actually help them in any fashion - I haven't fired a gun in my life. And my abilities are more useful to see danger coming rather than actively fight it. Besides, there's four of them out there, like you said."

She mills about for a moment, waiting for the tinge of guilt in her mind to dissipate. It does not. She speaks again, lowering her voice to a whisper.

"So, anyway, are you... like... immortal? Some kind of guardian angel?"

Ask.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 11, 2013, 06:44:58 am »

Get back up, reintroduce it to my friends hammer and hatchet. If the enemy goes down then jump into the hole and help Lilia out.
[agi=4+1] [melee=5+1] Like a coilder viper, ready to strike, you jump back up and look at your target. The hatchet whirls out of your hand and plants itself right into the forehead of Shaky. He shudders, and falls down completely limp. You go to retrieve your hatchet. While your wriggling it out of his skull , you notice how the lines holding his overly large jaw together are gone. Looking behind you, you see about 4 of the black lines rapidly going into the pit. oh dear.

Keep shooting it until it stops moving
You take aim, but Harvey's axe takes Shaky down before you can get off a shot, whew.

HEAVIER! MUST BE ARMORED ENOUGH TO WITHSTAND GRENADE!
If/when this is achieved, punch Shaky in the mouth, putting grenade down his throat and activate grenade.

((Shaky is a full on vampire right? Not just some wimpy spawn or something? Just kinda wanna know if this is total overkill.))
You try to get MOAR ARMOUR. [adept=5] YOu grow scales over your scales. You're pretty sure you can withstand everything save for a direct blast or machine gun rain. The bulk of all of these scales however, makes it so you're pretty much as limber as a rock, even walking is difficult. You also feel pretty exhausted.
((you guys are really into vampires, you know that?))

"I'll float your ass into the mouth of whatever monster you're fighting!" she screeches, rage flooding through her system. 

As she looks for a way out, she loads her boomstick gun which Harvey seems to have conveniently forgotten about.  She also tries levitating it, then a small attempt at levitating herself.

Once I get out, I'll have a bit of target practice with my new gun.  That will be sure to keep him away from me!

((You do realize I haven't levitated anything heavier than fountain water?  But no matter.  Since you seem to have such helpful suggestions for my recluse, we'll see how well she takes to them.  And how well she can aim.  I can't wait to see if she's an accurate shot.))

[adept=4] You float the gun infront of you. It's definately harder than the book, but nothing you can't handle with some concentration. [adept=5] you float yourself, and get a feel for how this woks. You can definately make yourself float, but you get the feeling that it's going to be short range, one direction only. Turning and making circles is damn near impossible compared to the book.

"I doubt I can actually help them in any fashion - I haven't fired a gun in my life. And my abilities are more useful to see danger coming rather than actively fight it. Besides, there's four of them out there, like you said."

She mills about for a moment, waiting for the tinge of guilt in her mind to dissipate. It does not. She speaks again, lowering her voice to a whisper.

"So, anyway, are you... like... immortal? Some kind of guardian angel?"

Ask.
"Guardian angel?" He chuckles "your ancestors of yore called me and my kin archangels. That basically just means we're stronger than guardian angels." He looks slightly sad "My borthers have either departed from this world by now, or their power has waned so much that I cannot find them. But, to answer your question, yes I suppose I am immortal. I am an avatar of hope and it my...responsibility to protect free will"
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 06:47:00 am by Pancaek »

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 11, 2013, 06:56:25 am »

(( Boyah, so long old guy. ))

Look down into the hole to see whats going on, very carefully.
Caine's law.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 11, 2013, 07:05:26 am »

((you guys are really into vampires, you know that?))

((Well that IS the general theme that this one had. Not trying to FORCE vampires or anything, just considering how prominently they were mentioned in the mission opening, they seemed likely))

"Guardian angel?" He chuckles "your ancestors of yore called me and my kin archangels. That basically just means we're stronger than guardian angels." He looks slightly sad "My borthers have either departed from this world by now, or their power has waned so much that I cannot find them. But, to answer your question, yes I suppose I am immortal. I am an avatar of hope and it my...responsibility to protect free will"

((Is he Satan? I mean he admits to being an Archangel :P
I really need to stop attempting to spoil the plot huh?))

"Well guess that was pretty much all for nothing."
De-armor.

((oh, quick question, wasn't SOMEONE a healer in this?))
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 07:09:52 am by BFEL »

Indeed, I do this.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 11, 2013, 07:17:08 am »

(( He's not Satan, Satan is Lucifer not Uriel.

Plus if it was satan then we'd all be dead aleeady. I'm surprised we aren't Uriel isn't the nicestor most trusting of the 5. ))
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 07:50:06 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 11, 2013, 09:23:52 am »

Joy widened her eyes. Huh. An archangel.

"Erm... an archangel? Well, I gotta ask you one thing, then - do gods exist? Like, real gods. Maybe even a God. That kind of thing. I mean, you don't have to tell me if you really don't want to, I just had to ask."

Ask this as well.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 11, 2013, 09:48:05 am »

(( He's not Satan, Satan is Lucifer not Uriel.

Plus if it was satan then we'd all be dead aleeady. I'm surprised we aren't Uriel isn't the nicestor most trusting of the 5. ))

((He could be, y'know, lying about the name.
And why would you assume Satan would kill us? He might be totally supportive of our efforts :P))

Indeed, I do this.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 11, 2013, 09:59:11 am »

(( Because Satan wants us to fall. Earth going to hell is a good thing for him. He'd protect the monster not us.))
Caine's law.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 11, 2013, 12:40:05 pm »

Lilia continues fuming at the bottom of the pitch dark hole (which Harvey dug) even as her magical tests prove successful.  Simply because Harvey rudely pointed out her capabilities didn't mean she overlooked her new ability to fly.  Celebrating her powers will come later.  First of course, she wanted to get out!

Lilia tries to levitate herself out of the hole while muttering darkly to herself all the various ways she'd like Harvey to perish.

Because of her dark environment, Lilia is totally unaware of the existence of the four black lines.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 03:17:33 pm by Lalasa »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 39