Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 39

Author Topic: The mars anchor war: fighting the wyrmlings  (Read 39952 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The mars anchor war: digging pits in the middle of town
« Reply #180 on: August 10, 2013, 12:40:09 pm »

(( Can I ask how your going to pull me when I'm beneath you going into the hole? ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 10, 2013, 12:41:17 pm »

((Edited it))
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 12:43:13 pm by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 10, 2013, 01:06:46 pm »

"So, what's your name, anyway? I'm Joy Williams."
He seems to notice you're the only one of the group still in the church. "I am uriel, I'm pleased to make your acquaintance , in the flesh this time." He smiles.

outside...

Harvey is pulling Lilia into the pit, while Terry is trying to pull her out, and eleanor is pushing Harvey.
Harvey str = 5
Terry str = 4-1
Eleanor str = 3-1
Lilia str = 4-1

Our pleasant little clusterfuck continues. Eleanor can't seem to get Harvey to budge. while the combined strength of Lilia and Terry seems to be on par with that of Harvey. This human tug-of-war goes on for quite a while. It's almost completely dark once the stalemate gets to an end, with both all sides panting and sweating. [terry per = 4-1] Terry, being the only one out of the pit, hears a shambling behind him. He turns around and sees Shaky, limping towards the group, about 5 meters from the pit. Just as he's about the wave, shaky throws both his arms in front of him and starts limping faster. His opens his mouth, his lower jaw opening much too wide and seemingly held tegother by black strings, and lets out an inhuman shriek that makes your stomachs churn.

((Just a few things I'd like to mention. I'd appreciate it if everyone could use a color for their spoken text, I think this makes it easier for everyone. Also, your standard equipment includes a PDA with messaging function and flashlight function and a clock, I forgot to mention this at the briefing, sorry.))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 10, 2013, 01:54:50 pm »

(( Angel of war involved, we're fucked. Also, damn it even though I beat all 3 of them on the roll I lost :(. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 10, 2013, 02:02:21 pm »

Lilia's blood turns cold when she hears that terrible screech.  Burning her ears, the sound tore through her veins and made her break into a cold sweat, goosebumps rippling across her skin.  That was no human, that was something else.  Being at the bottom of a pitch black pit, Lilia decides she's had enough of being the rope for the group's tug of war.

Redoubling her efforts, Lilia tries even harder to scrabble out of the pit, shivering with terror.  "Whatever is up there is going to crawl into this hole!  Let me out, let me out! she whimpers, unsure of what was outside.  Its appearance being unknown made her paranoia stronger.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 10, 2013, 02:06:52 pm »

" Shush, I kept you in this hole for a damned reason and now you know what it was. Just stay here your no good in a fight this close.

Climb out, draw axe and hammer, introduce them to shaky's head.
Caine's law.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 10, 2013, 03:05:56 pm »

"So... um... does that whole thing we talked about with the ixnay on the entioningmay apply when I'm talking to you?"

Ask.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 10, 2013, 03:29:18 pm »

Eleanor froze as she heard the screech panic beginning to rise up inside of her, whatever had made that noise had not sounded friendly. Her hands trembled slightly as she clutched her gun tightly, everyone else had already began to move but still she stood there. Finally she forced herself into action

Quickly she climbed back out of the hole and then tried to shoot Shaky in the head

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 10, 2013, 04:27:43 pm »

"Well fuck. Oooookay time to see what I can REALLY do"

Use transformation powers to heavily armor myself

((REALLY hoping this works :P))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 10, 2013, 06:49:19 pm »

Lilia's blood turns cold when she hears that terrible screech.  Burning her ears, the sound tore through her veins and made her break into a cold sweat, goosebumps rippling across her skin.  That was no human, that was something else.  Being at the bottom of a pitch black pit, Lilia decides she's had enough of being the rope for the group's tug of war.

Redoubling her efforts, Lilia tries even harder to scrabble out of the pit, shivering with terror.  "Whatever is up there is going to crawl into this hole!  Let me out, let me out! she whimpers, unsure of what was outside.  Its appearance being unknown made her paranoia stronger.
you attempt to scrabble out of the pit [agi=2] Your attempt to go topside is suddenly and violently stopped when the piece of dirt you grabbed falls loose. You fall back and go thorugh the hole. [end=5-1] you fall straight on your ass. It's cold, damp, your ass hurts and it's completely dark. At least there aren't any mole people.

" Shush, I kept you in this hole for a damned reason and now you know what it was. Just stay here your no good in a fight this close.

Climb out, draw axe and hammer, introduce them to shaky's head.
You move toward shaky and [Melee=3] you try to hit him in the head, but he keeps swatting away your attacks. Shaky suddenly wails again and lunges at you. [agi=3] you manage to turn away as to not take the full power of his attack, but he manages to clip your shoulder and sends you hurtling toward the ground.

Eleanor froze as she heard the screech panic beginning to rise up inside of her, whatever had made that noise had not sounded friendly. Her hands trembled slightly as she clutched her gun tightly, everyone else had already began to move but still she stood there. Finally she forced herself into action

Quickly she climbed back out of the hole and then tried to shoot Shaky in the head
[agi=5] You deftly pull yourself out of the pit and quick draw your pistol. [guns=4-1] You try to aim, but he does the screaming thing again. You panic and let of three shots. One goes wide, but two hit him in the chest. He falls down and is thrashing around on the ground. You see he's trying to stand up again.

"Well fuck. Oooookay time to see what I can REALLY do"

Use transformation powers to heavily armor myself

((REALLY hoping this works :P))
[adept=4] You will yourself some all-natural armor. Your skin starts to shift, and hard scales form all over your body. Well, it probably won't stop bullets, but you feel confident it would help in a fistfight. After a second your head starts to hurt, and you realize keeping up the scales is taking considerable effort.

((also, would you mind using a color other than red? I believe Kansa's character already uses red. Things would get slightly confusing otherwise.))

"So... um... does that whole thing we talked about with the ixnay on the entioningmay apply when I'm talking to you?"

Ask.
He looks toward the woman and, satisfied that she is too busy praying for her life, redirects his attention abck to you. "Hmm, I suppose we can talk about your...experience when no-one else is listening." He frowns, just a slight bit. "It is rather rude to simply root into someones memory uninvited, you know. But, ah, the adventurous spirit of youth. Ask away, young seer, and I shall answer to the best of my abilities." He looks toward the door for a second. "Just so you know, your companions are fighting something evil outside, but they have it outnumbered 4 to 1." He then looks at you, waiting for a question.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 10, 2013, 06:52:16 pm »

Get back up, reintroduce it to my friends hammer and hatchet. If the enemy goes down then jump into the hole and help Lilia out.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 07:52:25 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 10, 2013, 07:28:57 pm »

Keep shooting it until it stops moving

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 10, 2013, 07:48:54 pm »

Oh.  Oh no.  And ouch!  Darkness surrounded Lilia on all sides, pressing in on her and hemming her in.  On the bright side, Harvey and that thing are up above... but there was no real bright side to a hole that's pitch black.

"...Help?"  As much as the young woman would have liked to be left alone in the darkness, she would want to be left alone in the darkness of a safe room.  This was the darkness of a damp hole, and Lilia could almost see the vile, nasty creatures skittering around in it.

Lilia tries to find a way out of the hole or a method of escaping.  There is no way she's prepared for underground expeditions!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 10, 2013, 08:00:32 pm »

HEAVIER! MUST BE ARMORED ENOUGH TO WITHSTAND GRENADE!
If/when this is achieved, punch Shaky in the mouth, putting grenade down his throat and activate grenade.

((Shaky is a full on vampire right? Not just some wimpy spawn or something? Just kinda wanna know if this is total overkill.))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 10, 2013, 08:05:06 pm »

(( Hey when did you get a grenade? Did I miss something? The only ones I remember are the ones that were given to me. ))
Caine's law.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 39