Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39

Author Topic: The mars anchor war: fighting the wyrmlings  (Read 39789 times)

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
Re: The mars anchor war: fighting the wyrmlings
« Reply #555 on: September 15, 2013, 05:13:01 pm »

Eleanor took a few steps back as she saw the gruesome scene in the mirror but before she could do more than that it vanished.

Curious she walked back towards the mirror touching it

"Harvey I think I might have found something"
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: September 15, 2013, 11:15:44 pm »

"Ok, be careful I don't wanna have to save you. Lilia is enough hastle on her own."
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: September 17, 2013, 01:42:48 pm »

((Well, 3 days is long enough. The only one we're missing is lalasa, so I'm just going to make her dance.))

Lilia gets a empty look in her eyes and starts dancing.

Go in a random door, continue my weapon search. WEAPONS!!!!!
You go inside the door on the right side of the hallway. It turns out to be a very old kitchen. there are cupboards all over the place and a big wooden table in the middle of the room. You look for weapons and [3] find a rolling pin. When you pick it up, it cracks in half. guess the wood was rotten.

((I do believe I have a +1 to mind, no?))

"Let go of the nice people, Terry. We know you think you're funny, give it a rest," Joy says to Terry, not really impressed with his absolutely awful conduct. She then asks the monks a question.

"Anyhow, you two seem... uh... oddly fluent in English. Care to explain?"

Question!
The younger one speaks up "I am allknowing, Joy, whatever language you're speaking does not concern me." He looks very smug as he says this.
 The older one nods while he pushes Terry away. "I'm never sure how this works, but I always seem to understand what mortals are saying." He shrugs "One of the perks of being a deity, I suppose"

((They ARE monks :) HURRAY, nailed it!))

Terry suppresses the urge to continue smelling beards and waits semi-patiently behind Joy
You surpress the urge to smell his beard. This is helped quite a lot by him shoving you away. You don't really try to resist, but you can feel that he is much stronger than you would think. You sheepishly stand behind Joy.

Eleanor took a few steps back as she saw the gruesome scene in the mirror but before she could do more than that it vanished.

Curious she walked back towards the mirror touching it

"Harvey I think I might have found something"
You cautiously step towards the mirror and look at it again, but you only see your normal reflection. You touch it with your finger, very gently, and it breaks, cracks forming along the surface starting at the point where you touched it.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: September 17, 2013, 02:41:20 pm »

"Um... you're gods? Were you, like, trapped in those cubes? What are you the gods of? What are your names?"

More questions.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: September 17, 2013, 03:40:17 pm »

Search the other room.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: September 18, 2013, 11:30:09 pm »

"DAMN THEY AREN'T MONKS! I had a bet going that they were monks. WHY DID YOU HAVE TO RUIN THAT FOR ME??
Eh nevermind. So what brings a couple of deities to this crazy underground deathtrap? It was a woman wasn't it? Those things ALWAYS bring trouble. No offense Joy."

CONVERSE
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: September 18, 2013, 11:32:17 pm »

(( Your gonna regret that.... women have long memories. ))
Caine's law.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: September 19, 2013, 10:59:09 am »

Eleanor looked curiously at the mirror, it shouldn't have broken from her touch it hadn't nearly been hard enough. Taking this as confirmation as what she had seen was real rather than her eyes playing tricks on her she decided to take the mirror and continue looking around the mansion for anything else strange
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: September 20, 2013, 09:19:06 pm »

(( Your gonna regret that.... women have long memories. ))
((Well I SAID no offense :P but yeah I'm pretty sure Terry doesn't really care who he alienates.
I mean look at the way he's talking to the DEITIES))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: September 24, 2013, 03:32:36 pm »

((Oh god I haven't updated in ages. I blame Uni.))

"Um... you're gods? Were you, like, trapped in those cubes? What are you the gods of? What are your names?"

More questions.
The older one chuckles "Yes, quite. We were captured inside those...things. I know that it allows for our power to be tapped, but I cannot very well remember who trapped us in there."
The younger one frowns for a moment "So, I guess Joy saved us from our predicament. I think we should reward...or something. yeah?"
"I believe that would be appropriate, yes. Tell us child, what would you like for a rewa-" The younger one suddenly jumps infront of you. "No time for asking nicely, I already know what you need. I am allknowing, after all. BUDDHA BEAM!"

A yellow light streaks from the dot between his eyebrows and hits you right in the forehead. You go blind for about a minute, and now have a splitting headache. You have learned ectomancy, or the adept discipline to call up the spirits of the deceased (Results may vary) You have also learned the spell "スイ-ツ", you may keep this spell for yourself or share it with your teammates. It's effect, if succesfully cast, is that it gives the target a monstrous craving for sweet stuff.

"Well, I'm off, I've got a bodhi tree I want to, like, meditate under...and stuff." He becomes a ball of light and dissapears outside. "

"The little prick, always so haughty."

Search the other room.
You attempt to go into the other room, but the door seems stuck. You look through the keyhole and see a a rather large bookcase, a small table and a chair. You can't see much more thorugh the keyhole. the door seems somewhat old, but after hitting it with your boot a few times, it turns out to be suprisingly sturdy.

"DAMN THEY AREN'T MONKS! I had a bet going that they were monks. WHY DID YOU HAVE TO RUIN THAT FOR ME??
Eh nevermind. So what brings a couple of deities to this crazy underground deathtrap? It was a woman wasn't it? Those things ALWAYS bring trouble. No offense Joy."

CONVERSE
You open your mouth, but the younger one beams Joy, transforms into a ball of light and zips away. Huh.
The older one seems less busy, and answers your question. "No, I do not believe it was a woman." He smils a wry smiles " Not this time anyway. But I do know that this is not the place we were originally taken. I felt the presence of many more of my brethren deities in the time I was in captivity. We were taken here only recently."

Two ravens fly in through the cavern entrance and land on his shoulders.

"Ah, it seems I have to go."

Eleanor looked curiously at the mirror, it shouldn't have broken from her touch it hadn't nearly been hard enough. Taking this as confirmation as what she had seen was real rather than her eyes playing tricks on her she decided to take the mirror and continue looking around the mansion for anything else strange
You attempt to take the mirror, but grabbing it causes it to crack even more. Only two large pieces remain, and in these pieces two sets of eyes are reflected. The ones on the left are a vibrant amber colour, while the ones on the right are a cold, dull grey. [perception=5] The two pieces begin cracking as well, and for a moment you'd swear the cracks spell out 'trust'. Then, suddenly the mirror crumbles into thousands of tiny fragments.

((Lalasa hasn't posted yet. so. ))
Lilia [agility=5] begins an abstract, interpretive dance which conveys the feelings of loneliness in the face of our insignificance in our vast universe. It looks like she's just waving her arms around and jumping all over the place, but it's really art . You wouldn't understand.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: September 24, 2013, 04:47:43 pm »

((I'm pretty busy with life and even then I didn't know what to post.  Sorry.  I may post later although I don't know what to say in response to randomly dancing.))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: September 24, 2013, 05:11:51 pm »

Use Harry and Manfred to smash the door down. Search for weapons.
Caine's law.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: September 24, 2013, 05:28:07 pm »

((I'm pretty busy with life and even then I didn't know what to post.  Sorry.  I may post later although I don't know what to say in response to randomly dancing.))
((No need to apologize, I read it in your sig that you wouldn't update often. I, too, know the troubles of school life. I was also kinda feeling like making someone do interpretive dance, so it all kinda came together. If you'd like me to refrain from silly stuff like that, just say the word.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: September 25, 2013, 12:02:36 am »

"That was certainly unusual. Wonder which Buddha that was, though. I don't think they're supposed to be gods, actually."

Speak mostly to myself, but also to the other god-man. Do a mental scan for important artifacts.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: September 25, 2013, 05:21:08 pm »

((In a silly game I wouldn't mind silly actions but the overall serious tone combined with the very serious nature of my character makes an interpretive dance out of no where frankly ridiculous looking.  I wasn't planning on having Lilia snap yet you know.  :P ))

Satisfied that no one was paying attention to her (no one seemed to care about her sudden urge to do strange movements- she didn't understand it either) Lilia was content to merely pay attention to the conversation and not intervene.  Terry was acting stupidly, as most of the men in this area seemed to do, and Joy was actually gleaning something useful from those two monks deities.

Butting into conversation is not on Lilia's to-do list so instead she looks around casually and waits for the directive to do something that didn't involve being social.  Besides, someone needed to keep watch, right?
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39