Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39

Author Topic: The mars anchor war: fighting the wyrmlings  (Read 39791 times)

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
Re: The mars anchor war: fighting the wyrmlings
« Reply #540 on: September 11, 2013, 06:54:21 am »

((Yeah you did, I think I just forgot since it's been over a week since then))
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: September 11, 2013, 07:00:17 am »

(( Darn having a daughter would have been fun. Well back to treating my weapons like kids then.))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: September 11, 2013, 07:16:54 am »

K I'll get my levels up tonight once I can check my details.

Go towards the mansion, look for any more rocks like rocky and use the key to get in.

+1 to agility +4 to strength +5 to melee.   Throwing weapons come under agility right? Or are they misc?
"WELL GUESS WHO'S GETTING HIS WAY NOW! ITS TERRY. TERRY THE KEYMASTER. DESPITE LACK OF KEYS.
Also has anyone noticed the glowy bits that are the same color as my speech?"

((And thus the quest to be heralded as weirdest team member continues. By starting the quest to be heralded as Terry the Keymaster. Who knows no fourth wall too solid to break.))
He is the keymaster, no lock is too advanced, no key too valuable. Also, you have unlocked earth magic. Just wanted to make it official.

K I'll get my levels up tonight once I can check my details.

Go towards the mansion, look for any more rocks like rocky and use the key to get in.

+1 to agility +4 to strength +5 to melee.   Throwing weapons come under agility right? Or are they misc?
You go towards the mansion, looking for rocks along the way. [per=2] You don't find any nice rocks, they're all brittle and broken. darn.
You put the key in the lock and swing open the gate, the moment the gate opens, the mansion you saw from the outside is gone. It is now very much a ruin, its roof caved in and whole parts of the place are just gone, rotten away through time. The entrance hall, with its closed oaken doors seems to have really survived.

"If I'm not completely wrong, I'm guessing that those orange things are at the very least related to what we're here for."

Grab those orange things - they are probably valuable or at least necessary for some purpose.
You go to pick up the cubes. The moment you touch one, they begin to shudder violently. After a split second they seem to melt away and the magicks trapped inside burst forth in a blinding light. Once the light has waned enough for you to open your eyes, two men stand before you. One has long white hair and an impressive beard, he is wearing a hooded robe and seems to be missing one eye. The other is clean shaven, his hair cropped up into a bun. He has a little spot between his eyes and is wearing a faded dark orange robe which leaves one shoulder uncovered. They look somewhat bewildered.

Eleanor let out a deep sigh as she looked at the rubble, it looked like the child's mother was dead after all. She knew from the beginning that it was going to be a long shot but she couldn't help but feel depressed as she turned away from the rubble. She had broken her promise, it looked  like that girl was going to become an orphan now after all.

Without speaking she headed towards the mansion with Harvey
You too head towards the mansion. Just as Harvey, once the gate opens you see on old decriped half-ruin of a mansion. Its glory days are long gone, but the middle part of the building seems sturdy enough.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: September 11, 2013, 07:28:26 am »

Go inside, look for anything artifact related or any medieval style weapons.

"Well, this place went down hill fast. I wonder if I can find any weapons inside. Manfred, Harry and Rocky look lonely."
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 07:34:47 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: September 11, 2013, 08:01:30 am »

"Um... good tidings? You look rather confused. Do you require direction?"

Ask, and make sure to carefully pay attention to these two. If they don't speak my language, try to interpret with seer abilities. If they do, but prove unresponsive, scan them magically or something.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: September 11, 2013, 08:14:07 am »

(( Hey Pancaek, can I get a dog? Whats the end of the world without mans best friend. ))
Caine's law.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: September 11, 2013, 02:15:47 pm »

"OOOO OOO Its MONKS. Hi monks. Hows it going? Not MONK-eying around are you?

Welcome the set of monks to THE WORLD OF TOMORROW....with open bar
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: September 12, 2013, 06:27:59 am »

Eleanor let out a sigh at Harvey's comment but did not say anything

Instead she simply began looking around the mansion for any sign of the artefact
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: September 13, 2013, 04:14:22 pm »

Normalcy.  A word that burned in her thoughts and made Lilia ache for something long gone.  Surrounded by monsters for enemies and babbling lunatics for friends, it was all she could do to find an abandoned dusty corner and crawl into the fetal position.  And that is why of course, she must welcome to the random teleporting monks!  With Terry!  Perfectly saneand normal Terry!

"...I suggest you two run away." she pipes up quietly from behind, gazing dully at the two new strangers, which at this point no longer seemed strange.  Nothing could be strange anymore.  Just when Lilia comes with a new definition for strange, its already outdated by the new examples that seem to show up every few minutes.

Lilia hangs around with Joy and Terry, not involving herself in the conversation but at the same time watching the newcomers for anything suspicious, such as molemen transformations.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: September 13, 2013, 07:20:22 pm »

(( Mwhahaha, the molemen are worming there way in. ))
Caine's law.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: September 14, 2013, 09:55:07 am »

Go inside, look for anything artifact related or any medieval style weapons.

"Well, this place went down hill fast. I wonder if I can find any weapons inside. Manfred, Harry and Rocky look lonely."
You push open the old wooden doors. Inside you find a rather classy hallway, witha faded red carpet on the floor and green wallpaper on the walls, though you're not sure if it was always green. There's a small cabinet along the wall with a mirror above it. The end of the hallway is collapsed, but there are two doors on either side that seem in good condition.
(( Hey Pancaek, can I get a dog? Whats the end of the world without mans best friend. ))
(( If you find one))

"Um... good tidings? You look rather confused. Do you require direction?"

Ask, and make sure to carefully pay attention to these two. If they don't speak my language, try to interpret with seer abilities. If they do, but prove unresponsive, scan them magically or something.
The one-eyed man is the first to speak up. "And good tidings to you, seer. I apologize for my lack of courtesy, getting trapped inside one of those things for a few centuries really takes a toll on one. Tell me, what year is this? How fares the Roman empire?"

The other man speaks up as well. "Hmm, yes, hmm, I see. I know what happened, but really, I don't like to spoil the surprise, you tell him, Joy."

They seem familiar somehow, [mind=5] the small one with the orange robe kind of reminds you of those buddhist statues, while the larger man with the beard [mind=2] doesn't exactly ring a bell.

"OOOO OOO Its MONKS. Hi monks. Hows it going? Not MONK-eying around are you?

Welcome the set of monks to THE WORLD OF TOMORROW....with open bar
You welcome the men to the world of tomorrow ((oh my I even forgot we had a charisma stat, let's see)) [char=1-1] You go stand in between them and drape your arms over their necks, pulling them towards you. ""Welcome to the world of tommorow, grampas. We somehow fucked up the entire state of magic and let the earth be overrun by all kinds of horrors, eldritch or otherwise. You're currently standing in a village where all the villagers were slaughtered to feed a wyrm-thing." You move your face close to the big man's face "Mmmm, I like the smell of your beard."

They do not like this.

Eleanor let out a sigh at Harvey's comment but did not say anything

Instead she simply began looking around the mansion for any sign of the artefact
You go inside as well, going over to the cabinet. It's a nice little thing, hand carved and nicely finished. There are three drawers. You look up to the mirror and see yourself reflected. Only smethign seems wrong. For an instant you see yourself, battered bruised, blood dripping from your scalp. Behind is a scene of horror, two armies clashing together, swords, guns, claws and magic ending uncountable lives. And just as soon as you see this scene, it's gone and you see your actual reflection [per=4] You notice a name engraved in the upper right side of the mirror. Theodore A.

Normalcy.  A word that burned in her thoughts and made Lilia ache for something long gone.  Surrounded by monsters for enemies and babbling lunatics for friends, it was all she could do to find an abandoned dusty corner and crawl into the fetal position.  And that is why of course, she must welcome to the random teleporting monks!  With Terry!  Perfectly saneand normal Terry!

"...I suggest you two run away." she pipes up quietly from behind, gazing dully at the two new strangers, which at this point no longer seemed strange.  Nothing could be strange anymore.  Just when Lilia comes with a new definition for strange, its already outdated by the new examples that seem to show up every few minutes.

Lilia hangs around with Joy and Terry, not involving herself in the conversation but at the same time watching the newcomers for anything suspicious, such as molemen transformations.
You watch as Joy talks to them and Terry seizes the oppertunity to hug the men and smell one of their beards. The younger one seems annoyed, while the older one looks as if he's surpressing an inhuman rage. So yea, same shit, different day.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: September 14, 2013, 10:42:44 am »

Go in a random door, continue my weapon search. WEAPONS!!!!!
Caine's law.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: September 14, 2013, 11:02:49 am »

((I do believe I have a +1 to mind, no?))

"Let go of the nice people, Terry. We know you think you're funny, give it a rest," Joy says to Terry, not really impressed with his absolutely awful conduct. She then asks the monks a question.

"Anyhow, you two seem... uh... oddly fluent in English. Care to explain?"

Question!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: September 14, 2013, 11:18:15 am »

((Yeah, it's calculated into the rolls. I'll put it as +1 in the future.))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: September 14, 2013, 06:47:19 pm »

((They ARE monks :) HURRAY, nailed it!))

Terry suppresses the urge to continue smelling beards and waits semi-patiently behind Joy
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39