Poll

Stabbity?

Stabbity
- 3 (37.5%)
No stabbity
- 5 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18

Author Topic: (ISG) The Wars of Failsword  (Read 26341 times)

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Wars of Failsword: BOO GIMME MONEY
« Reply #181 on: January 09, 2014, 07:07:29 am »

Yeah, cats are actually quite rad. In fact enough so, that we really could have had a hand in their creation.

Be that as it may - considering our options it is!

Ask from which powers she derives her powers
Depending on the god, we really never might hear the end of it - which means we rather stay in pain. Alternatively just divinely retrieve her answer. Presumably it is called "Divination" for that very reason afterall.

Ask for her Interest-Rate
Healing-scams are way old, even with appearent disinterest towards the mortal realm we know about them.

Consider if giving the cat our divine favour would do anything helpful for our situation
If the answer is a negative, proceed to hand out the favour in a less divine way. Actually, pet it either way.

Remember the way these armed encounters occur
If there is no real percievable pattern to them, continue to pet the feline while waiting for further ideas.

R: Wait, hold on. From what power would you heal me with? I would rather not want to deal with problems if you, say, happen to be a disciple of Mercath.
???: I've learned how to heal with my own magic. I'm not really fond of gods, y'know?
R: Good, so that mean no strings attached, in divine term at least. Also, interest rate?
???: Wow, you would be a tough one to swindle, priest. Not that I'm swindling you. Since you asked and you're helping us out with the ghosts, I'll be generous and charge only 5 copper extras per day.
R: That's not very generous...

You are still not quite sure about this... although you think you might be able to pay her back. Maybe.

You consider giving the cat your divine favour or some sort of blessing, but since you are currently mortal, and technically even if you are a priest you are still worshiping yourself, a powerless God.

Either way, you pet the cat as you try to remember the way these armed encounter occurs. It appears that you pretty much make the call whether to draw your weapon or not. You will usually draw your weapon automatically by instinct when it seem that you need to, but you can also make the decision not to draw weapon when the others are hostile at you for whatever reasons.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 09, 2014, 08:00:56 am »

... get that heal then
Do try to bargain a reduction or some kind of bonus thou. If you solve that problem, there really should be something in it for us! (If push comes to shove, we can always convert her to our most glorious self!)

For the time being, worship our most glorious self!
Not sure if the laws of magic and godly interference hold sway in the way they should - but we just might be able to give ourself a boon that way, right?! Even if it fails, we could use the boost of self-esteem... (Bonus points if we whine to ourself about the cruelty of that possibly not-price-budgeing mage ;з )

Leave that alleyway...
Sans better ideas. And we might want to do so either way, unless we consider it worthy of becoming our new abode.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 09, 2014, 08:07:39 am »

What's that green thing behind the barrel? Can we steal it? Can we steal the lid too and use it as a shield? Can we just take the entire barrel and use it as a backpack?
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Wars of Failsword
« Reply #184 on: January 10, 2014, 03:46:36 am »

What's that green thing behind the barrel? Can we steal it? Can we steal the lid too and use it as a shield? Can we just take the entire barrel and use it as a backpack?

Huh? You could've sworn you saw something there at the barrel.
+1 Metapoint

You think of taking the barrel as a bac-

... get that heal then
Do try to bargain a reduction or some kind of bonus thou. If you solve that problem, there really should be something in it for us! (If push comes to shove, we can always convert her to our most glorious self!)

For the time being, worship our most glorious self!
Not sure if the laws of magic and godly interference hold sway in the way they should - but we just might be able to give ourself a boon that way, right?! Even if it fails, we could use the boost of self-esteem... (Bonus points if we whine to ourself about the cruelty of that possibly not-price-budgeing mage ;з )

Leave that alleyway...
Sans better ideas. And we might want to do so either way, unless we consider it worthy of becoming our new abode.

[2 + 4] VS [4 + 3]: You fail to barter the price down.

She heals you for 10 health.

You briefly goes into a trance to pray to yourself and complain a bit about the mage, with no obvious effect.

You appear to have taken a while in your trance, as you snap out of it with the mage gone. She was kind enough to leave the lamp, though. Your pockets also feel heavier - wait, that can't be right.

Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Wars of Failsword: Narcissitheism
« Reply #185 on: January 10, 2014, 10:22:15 pm »

Woo! Money!
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 11, 2014, 02:19:01 am »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 13, 2014, 08:29:37 am »

Woo! Negative money!
Fixed.

You rejoice at the money in your inventory until you found the debt slip.

It seems that you could try knocking on the blacksmith's door, even though he seems to have blocked his window with some sort of a steel blind, or you could head to the inn on the opposite side of the street.

That, or you could just keep wandering and avoid this obvious railroading.

Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 13, 2014, 10:47:12 am »

Don't falll for obvious railroad; build fort from random barrel and coat

or, on a more serious note:

Head for inn; check on prices and sources of information

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 13, 2014, 11:26:12 am »

That... that would be a sound suggestion right there...
As in; "I don't like it. At all."

... ahem. On a more serious and much more important note - if you would ask me, that is ー which rarely happens, that is ー - eh? Right!

Use our hopefully undoubtedly supreme godly knowledge of wordly matters to our advantage!
There must be some loophole, godly artifact, group of followers, political secret or what-not that we can use.
...Right?

Ponder family-status
This goes beyond a practical joke... where did we go wrong with her anyway? Either way, we need to re-educate her. Try remembering just how strong that daughter of ours is going in the mortal realm. Here is hope we can nip a good number of her followers and temples in the bud...

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 13, 2014, 11:40:57 am »

Ponder family-status
This goes beyond a practical joke... where did we go wrong with her anyway? Either way, we need to re-educate her. Try remembering just how strong that daughter of ours is going in the mortal realm. Here is hope we can nip a good number of her followers and temples in the bud...
Plot twist: she's the thief.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 13, 2014, 10:45:00 pm »

Go to the inn. Go to sleep. Try to experience what mortals call a dream.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 17, 2014, 02:25:13 am »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #193 on: January 20, 2014, 11:09:14 pm »

*fires WILL-BOOSTING LASERS directly into Objective's eyeballs*

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 21, 2014, 04:25:10 am »

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18