Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 40

Author Topic: Star Ruler 2 [7/24/2018 - Now Open Source!]  (Read 84612 times)

Firgof Umbra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Star Ruler 2 [3/9/2015 - Launching March 27th!]
« Reply #345 on: March 18, 2015, 11:09:58 am »

PBR Update is starting to rear its head on Experimental as you might've noticed if you picked the (new and expanded) Volkur shipset.

We got shiny bits.
... and we got painted bits.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #346 on: March 18, 2015, 12:03:17 pm »

PBR Update is starting to rear its head on Experimental as you might've noticed if you picked the (new and expanded) Volkur shipset.

We got shiny bits.
... and we got painted bits.
Wow, that really does make a difference.

Is the stellar construction stuff in experimental as well? I might try to organize a game at some point.

Firgof Umbra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 18, 2015, 12:14:40 pm »

Yep, that's in too.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 19, 2015, 03:15:03 pm »

I had an AI propose peace. I accepted it and they retracted the offer :'( Then I had four identical, single cheap negotiate cards in the stack. An AI ignored the cheap ones to buy the most expensive one.

The plant people are interesting. Their flagships have a fixed 10 control and a fixed (fairly high) regeneration rate, but they don't get as many hexes per ship. They can also use their special sinew hexes as a sort of light armor in front of turrets and engines.

Their default battleship and heavy carrier designs have frighteningly exposed power generators without backups.

I like their single giant spores instead of a stream of colony ships. I think their colonization time estimate is based off regular colony ships, though.

Firgof Umbra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 19, 2015, 04:24:36 pm »

Thanks for alerting us to those things.  Sent those off to Reaper and he agrees, those behaviors do need improvement.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #350 on: March 21, 2015, 09:22:19 am »

My biggest annoyance right now is that hitting space still doesn't pause the game unless I click the pause button once first.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #351 on: March 21, 2015, 05:24:34 pm »

Oh... wow.

So you know "Unobtanium"? The resource that can morph into any other resource?

It can morph into the resource "Ringworld" and become a ringworld.

The planet vanishes to inside the sun when you do this and it does not look like a ringworld but it has the same massive space as a ringworld.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 21, 2015, 06:26:34 pm »

That is such a bizarre sounding bug... hehehe

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #353 on: March 21, 2015, 06:28:42 pm »

That is such a bizarre sounding bug... hehehe
This is why we test! :)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 21, 2015, 10:21:06 pm »

Oh... wow.

So you know "Unobtanium"? The resource that can morph into any other resource?

It can morph into the resource "Ringworld" and become a ringworld.

The planet vanishes to inside the sun when you do this and it does not look like a ringworld but it has the same massive space as a ringworld.
Mine was shoved out of the star, and now rotates around nothing. It looks to be the same size as any other planet, but has all the massive build space.
Planetary thrusters built on Unobtanium ringworlds do not crash the game. I am going to build a bunch of weapons and send this thing at my foes.

I learned a few other things, too!
1) Warp-fling stations are awesome.
2) I need more FTL storage.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

One of my rivals is the space-faring race. I think they lost their mothership to remnants and then surrendered to me. I'm going to give them a planet with a construction resource and a construction ship, to see if they do anything interesting (Probably not, since I don't think they have the funds to start a scaffold).

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #355 on: March 22, 2015, 06:01:26 am »

Hehe yeah, fling beacon is pretty damn silly-awesome. As for Nylli/star children race - I think AI doesn't really know how to play them right now (even patch notes say AI has only basic understanding currently) as in all my games that they were in, they were really stagnating and eventually offered to be subjugated by one of the empires. In all honesty, I think star children trait is pretty hard-mode even for human player, especially if coupled with slip-stream FTL. That is not to say it is not fun to play (because playing a mothership-based race IS pretty damn fun). It's just you need to plan you actions more and further, need more micromanaging and can get shafted by planet-not-having-resources-you-need even easier than when playing other races... At least to my understanding. It could be me just not understanding them though.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 06:03:15 am by Sinistar »
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #356 on: March 22, 2015, 07:32:40 am »

Hehe yeah, fling beacon is pretty damn silly-awesome. As for Nylli/star children race - I think AI doesn't really know how to play them right now (even patch notes say AI has only basic understanding currently) as in all my games that they were in, they were really stagnating and eventually offered to be subjugated by one of the empires. In all honesty, I think star children trait is pretty hard-mode even for human player, especially if coupled with slip-stream FTL. That is not to say it is not fun to play (because playing a mothership-based race IS pretty damn fun). It's just you need to plan you actions more and further, need more micromanaging and can get shafted by planet-not-having-resources-you-need even easier than when playing other races... At least to my understanding. It could be me just not understanding them though.
Isn't it easy for someone to come wipe out billions of people by popping the stations?

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #357 on: March 22, 2015, 10:47:50 am »

You mean habitats? Well, they do have 14k starting HP, ~1000 dmg and can be upgraded further so from my (limited) experience they can be a bit tougher nut to crack compared to normal planets, at least at the start. Also, once destroyed, you need to colonize the planet yourself again which takes time again... I think once star children hit the point where they can construct motherships at their leisure, they probably become a real beast.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Firgof Umbra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: March 23, 2015, 08:08:11 pm »

It has arrived!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Release Candidate is out now on the Stable branch for those who'd like to check it out.

Full patch notes are available here: http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791435727010/announcements/detail/126438500983066427

We look forward to the launch on Friday and hope y'all enjoy what's on offer.  Also, I can confirm that at launch we'll be having a 4-pack bundle option and a SR1/SR2 bundle option.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 08:10:17 pm by Firgof Umbra »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #359 on: March 25, 2015, 06:22:22 am »

Been playing around with it recently, so good.

One question.

Is there actually a use for Morphic Materials?

As far as I can tell they don't help with exported pressure and since your homeworld never has native pressure it doesn't do anything there. Is it only for planets not exporting to your homeworld?

I mean I guess you don't have to export things to the starter world with food/water but I feel like that is pretty common.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 40