Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 40

Author Topic: Star Ruler 2 [7/24/2018 - Now Open Source!]  (Read 84542 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Star Ruler 2 [7/18/14 - Early Access Launched!]
« Reply #270 on: January 29, 2015, 11:20:47 am »

Will this awesome game ever be mac-compatible?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Firgof Umbra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 29, 2015, 03:17:40 pm »

Maybe.  We'll be investigating the Mac build as we get close to release.

Trevasaurus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 29, 2015, 05:25:08 pm »

I'd be keen for a multiplayer game but I'm an Aussie so the time difference could be a pain, does anyone know how long a typical game goes for?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #273 on: January 29, 2015, 05:33:12 pm »

I'd be keen for a multiplayer game but I'm an Aussie so the time difference could be a pain, does anyone know how long a typical game goes for?
Several hours at least on any decent map. We could shoot for sometime on the weekend if you like, would make the time difference less painful

Firgof Umbra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 29, 2015, 05:35:33 pm »

There's actually a game setting in new game/multiplayer which lets you set a 'time limit' for a game (winner is whoever has the most points at that time, along with giving their vassals - if they have any - a minor victory).  You can give it any number of minutes.  That said most games seem to run from 1 to 3 hours for galaxies with 10-30 systems/empire.

Also, coming soon: Trading cards, emoticons, and backgrounds.  Shown here is the rare profile background on my profile.

http://i.imgur.com/1ajvwy8.jpg

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 29, 2015, 07:42:40 pm »

Nice to see you around the corner firgof :D
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Trevasaurus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 30, 2015, 05:36:06 am »

Several hours at least on any decent map. We could shoot for sometime on the weekend if you like, would make the time difference less painful

Yeah I would be keen for this, I'm on steam http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198027580754/ hit me up sometime when you are free.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 30, 2015, 08:09:11 am »

So I haven't really logged on in awhile.

Has the tech tree become more then "antimatter" yet?

Was about the only actual non-statistics upgrade when I bought this, and I've really been waiting for it to turn into an actual tech tree instead of...well *A* tech before I got back into it.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #278 on: January 30, 2015, 08:34:20 am »

So I haven't really logged on in awhile.

Has the tech tree become more then "antimatter" yet?

Was about the only actual non-statistics upgrade when I bought this, and I've really been waiting for it to turn into an actual tech tree instead of...well *A* tech before I got back into it.
Have you used it since they changed to the tech grid? Its much cooler now. You can advanced some techs via influence or cash spending and it is a nice big tech grid.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 30, 2015, 11:01:44 am »

No I actually haven't, I'll have to check that out when I get a chance.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 17, 2015, 03:26:34 pm »

So far I'm loving the updates, though a bit disappointed that the wonders were removed. I'll admit, those were really overpowered (Especially, as a Gate lover, the Trade Everywhere/View Everything one), but are there any plans to bring back something similar in the future, perhaps as a large building on the planets themselves?

I do find it quite sad, though. Star Ruler 2 was a very playable early access upon release, and it's only gotten better (Mod support already? You guys are my heroes), but other early access games have had multiple months or even years, and still have very little to show for it (I'm looking at you, Rust and Maia).

Played a few hours in a single game, and the game itself tended to get a bit laggy framerate wise. 3 computer opponents and myself, on The Expanse map. Not something I'm too worried about, as the game got massive once I decided to ignore the enemy surrender agreement immediately after getting The Revenant, but it was fun.

I also noticed that a Scout I had built in the above game, much later, did not have the Explore option available.

I'm looking at making a minor mod that extends the Virile race trait to more than just the home world. It's nice as a primary base (Along with Pekelm and the extra food), but the effectiveness really falls off after early game. Perhaps making it cost more than one point, in that case.

The research system is nice change of pace from normal 4Xs, though I've noticed that researching, say, the Skip Drive in one location doesn't always unlock it at the other. Is this intentional, or does researching it twice give a greater effect or reduced cost on the item being researched? I feel like the tech tree could be separated a bit better, rather than having everything linked in the inbetweens.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 03:43:21 pm by Astral »
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Firgof Umbra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 17, 2015, 04:40:15 pm »

I'm looking at making a minor mod that extends the Virile race trait to more than just the home world. It's nice as a primary base (Along with Pekelm and the extra food), but the effectiveness really falls off after early game. Perhaps making it cost more than one point, in that case.

Be aware that the next stable build of the game will change races and race traits significantly.
All of the old non-FTL and non-Government traits will be removed while new 'Life' traits will be added as seen here.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 17, 2015, 04:55:55 pm »

Be aware that the next stable build of the game will change races and race traits significantly.
All of the old non-FTL and non-Government traits will be removed while new 'Life' traits will be added as seen here.
The Mechanoid modifier made me make a sound that is inappropriate in formal conversation. Looking forward to that update.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #283 on: February 17, 2015, 04:57:55 pm »

any ETA on that build?

Firgof Umbra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 17, 2015, 05:34:16 pm »

"Soon".
If you'd like to try out the new races they're already in the Experimental branch - instructions on how to switch which branch your game is on are available on the steam discussion boards.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 40