Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 40

Author Topic: Star Ruler 2 [7/24/2018 - Now Open Source!]  (Read 84636 times)

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Star Ruler 2
« Reply #135 on: March 13, 2014, 10:44:38 pm »

ptw

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 14, 2014, 05:14:02 am »

space empires III, IV and V had the ability to turn system bodies into planets ie asteroids into planets or vice versa, create stars, destroy stars, create black holes and a few other features

galluci

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 14, 2014, 08:36:16 am »

PTW. Never played the first one, but this looks great.

Firgof Umbra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 02, 2014, 05:03:57 am »

SpaceSector has put up an interview we did over e-mail that y'all might find interesting. Included with the interview are some freshly minted shots of the game, including a sneak peak at the new iteration of the diplomacy system.

Check it out!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 02, 2014, 06:13:31 am »

SpaceSector has put up an interview we did over e-mail that y'all might find interesting. Included with the interview are some freshly minted shots of the game, including a sneak peak at the new iteration of the diplomacy system.

Check it out!

Awesome.

Quick question though. You mentioned the Galactic Senate. Will this exist from the start or will it form organically as races discover each other?
This was one of my gripes about GalCiv2, the idea that some galactic democracy essentially formed overnight. I mean, that should be vaguely possible, but to me it seems just as likely that it would take alien races years to come together on that scale.

It would be interesting to play a part in the formation of such a thing, as it would also be interesting to randomly stumble on a fully formed one if you slack off on the exploration.
Heck, if you really wanted to impress me then the idea of fully separate "Galactic Senates" forming in different spots of the galaxy would be pretty awesome, and be very interesting when they meet and realize they didn't vote the same way on certain issues :P

Note: I am so glad I get to run ideas by you while you develop this :3
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 06:15:30 am by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 02, 2014, 06:17:50 am »

And ways to construct ringworlds or sphereworlds around a star (massively unprofitable use of resources, but hey :D)
Seeing as how population provided a percentile bonus to production, and that sphere worlds (whatever they were called) provided enough living space for about 64 Billion colonists (vs. at most 500M on the largest planets), as well as all the construction space you could ever want, these things could be enormously useful if you kept one around long enough. And they somehow had pretty decent resource ratings (I'm assuming from all the asteroids?).
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 02, 2014, 03:07:45 pm »

I sorta want to try the first one again now, sounds great.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 08, 2014, 01:44:56 am »

The first one is great, though lacking in a bit of depth; once you get the base parts there isn't really much else to do other than design ships that increase stats with tech level, then make them bigger.

Still a good fun, though I'd suggest Galactic Armory if you want more toys to play with and have a beefier computer to match the increased level of objects in most solar systems. It adds things like import docks (so you can have stations dedicated to churning out electronics or advanced parts), new engine types that have their ups and downs, quite a few new weapons (and racial traits that can buff, nerf, or disable them completely for your faction), and a lot more.

It's my hope that many of the ideas present in Galactic Armory make it to Star Ruler 2, because after tasting jump drive enabled 1000 size cruisers produced from a ring world that can instantly kill most stars with (obviously late in the game), it's hard to go back to vanilla.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 08, 2014, 08:08:41 am »

some of the stuff, particularly lasers if I recall correctly, were broken in GA. It was excellent, but there was always something that didn't work just quite right.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Firgof Umbra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 07, 2014, 01:20:48 pm »

Being ambushed by an asteroid is now a thing that can happen.

A long belated update

On the development front, things are slowly coming together as we prepare for our near-at-hand Early Access launch.  Energy powers are starting to show up, racial traits are slowly evolving, our art is being put through a polish pass, anomalies were significantly improved and can now tell mini-stories, orbitals were fleshed out, and a lot more.

On the art front we should soon be able to reveal the look of our ships for the upcoming game.  I'm also looking forward to developing and launching our marketing assets.  Things are starting to spool up!

We're discussing what we should talk about with the next dev diary and I thought I'd ask y'all's opinion.  What would you be most interested in hearing about:  Orbitals (Stations), Anomalies, or Energy Powers?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #145 on: May 07, 2014, 01:24:46 pm »

Being ambushed by an asteroid is now a thing that can happen.

A long belated update

On the development front, things are slowly coming together as we prepare for our near-at-hand Early Access launch.  Energy powers are starting to show up, racial traits are slowly evolving, our art is being put through a polish pass, anomalies were significantly improved and can now tell mini-stories, orbitals were fleshed out, and a lot more.

On the art front we should soon be able to reveal the look of our ships for the upcoming game.  I'm also looking forward to developing and launching our marketing assets.  Things are starting to spool up!

We're discussing what we should talk about with the next dev diary and I thought I'd ask y'all's opinion.  What would you be most interested in hearing about:  Orbitals (Stations), Anomalies, or Energy Powers?
Will the early access be a buy-in thing or just open alpha?

Firgof Umbra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 07, 2014, 01:27:57 pm »

It will be buy-in, yes.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 07, 2014, 01:29:09 pm »

with a price increasing scheme?

change the op when we can trow money at you! I can't wait!

Firgof Umbra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 07, 2014, 01:31:42 pm »

Yep.  Lower price to buy it while it's still in development, higher price to buy it when officially launched.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #149 on: May 07, 2014, 01:35:38 pm »

Yep.  Lower price to buy it while it's still in development, higher price to buy it when officially launched.
That's the opposite of what some studios are doing. For whatever reason I've seen some alpha buy-ins as high ast $100 with price decreasing as they go.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 40