Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 40

Author Topic: Star Ruler 2 [7/24/2018 - Now Open Source!]  (Read 84653 times)

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
Re: Star Ruler 2
« Reply #105 on: February 04, 2014, 01:57:07 pm »

So I watched the video of the stream, and heard that you won't do mining ships anymore, nor will shipping lanes and stuff use actual ships.  Super sad, mucking about with mining fleets picking at asteroid belts was like, my favorite thing, even if they didn't actually work (I was using the Galactic Armory mod), or weren't actually useful anyway.

I guess I'll just hold out for Fling FTL.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #106 on: February 04, 2014, 02:51:22 pm »

PTW, this looks excellent

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 04, 2014, 04:16:33 pm »

Is the ship customization still just the mechanical parts (weapons, armor etc.) or can you also choose the "look" of ships?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Firgof Umbra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 04, 2014, 04:30:09 pm »

Is the ship customization still just the mechanical parts (weapons, armor etc.) or can you also choose the "look" of ships?
It's looking like you'll be able to customize the look of your ships.  Can't confirm that yet, though.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 04, 2014, 04:31:44 pm »

It's looking like you'll be able to customize the look of your ships.  Can't confirm that yet, though.

WOOT! No more generic two ship types!

Indeed, I do this.

Firgof Umbra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 11, 2014, 10:50:58 pm »

Something wicked this way comes...

Upcoming events_____________________________________________
A new dev diary is on its way, it will touch on the various modes of FTL and how they function.

SpaceSector contacted us for a text interview and I'll link and announce the interview if/when it's up.

We're going to do another devstream in the somewhat near to very near future -- you won't want to miss it.  Also, hopefully my microphone will work this time around.

We're thinking about doing a giveaway of access codes to SR2's playtesting group in the somewhat near future; keep your eyes peeled.

What's new:__________________________________
Economy and Diplomacy were just greatly improved.  If you were interested in either before, you should watch out for that devstream -- there's a lot of neat, new, stuff there we haven't talked about yet.

Our long awaited ship art should be coming in soon and we're very excited to show it to you.

Anomalies and special systems are flooding into the galaxy, varying the galactic terrain even further.  Meanwhile, I'm polishing our particle systems a bit as well as adding new ones.

Finally, we have a special announcement coming up.  We can't say much about it yet; I'm afraid that'd just land us on hot water.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #111 on: March 12, 2014, 02:35:08 pm »

So when can I preorder and get in on some tasty alpha testing with you guys?

Because I already have my card out and I'm not even lying it's in my hand right now.

Firgof Umbra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 12, 2014, 04:44:09 pm »

Dev Diary: FTL

In today's dev diary we're taking a look at SR2's FTL drives.  Each race begins with access to only one type and each comes with their own benefits and drawbacks.  Such an important choice deserves forward consideration: we invite you to explore these unique means of FTL to find which best suit your style of play.

[ Click to read more about Star Ruler 2's FTL systems on Starruler2.com ]

So when can I preorder and get in on some tasty alpha testing with you guys?
Because I already have my card out and I'm not even lying it's in my hand right now.
We're still keeping mum on that.  Rest assured, though we're very keen on taking your money we're making sure everything's ready to go before we open the floodgates.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 12, 2014, 04:58:15 pm »

I really wish FTL propulsion is not locked to race and can be choosen, i would hate to be forced to use X race because i want a gate-based empire.... Such as what happent in Sword of the stars.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Firgof Umbra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 12, 2014, 05:03:53 pm »

We don't have strict races at the moment; if we do in the future you can always go custom race.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 12, 2014, 06:12:42 pm »

There's nothing wrong with race based FTL variants. Most likely it's tailored to their biological limits.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 12, 2014, 06:13:13 pm »

loved sr1 and hope this will be as streamlined as the first

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 12, 2014, 07:12:20 pm »

We don't have strict races at the moment; if we do in the future you can always go custom race.

This actually brings up a good topic, in the last game I believe it worked similarly and the attributes and such of NPC races were pretty much randomized.

Will that still be the case or will players be able to set up their opponents the way we want?

That was one thing I liked about Galactic Civilizations 2, the fact you could pretty much ignore the standard races and play a game solely with races you had designed yourself.

Indeed, I do this.

Firgof Umbra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 12, 2014, 08:53:01 pm »

This actually brings up a good topic, in the last game I believe it worked similarly and the attributes and such of NPC races were pretty much randomized.
We expect it'll work similarly, yes. (Though you'll be able to customize the NPCs as well)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 09:14:45 pm by Firgof Umbra »

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 13, 2014, 02:57:07 am »

will carrier be more tuneable this time around?

I remember that 1 missed carrier controls, like:

- recall fighter before long range movement
- don't let fighter scramble parameter according to total enemy mass and not single enemy size
- movement range to get fighter replenished (similar to the patrol range)
- fighter replenishment minimum percentage

(and things like that I haven't played in a while so I can't remember what else but there are plenty of forum threads already on that)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 40