Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: The brutal, The violent, and The disgusting  (Read 8006 times)

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The brutal, The violent, and The disgusting
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2013, 07:45:09 am »

A modded in siege attacked. My dwarves, being dwarves, didn't raise the drawbridge. a child watched his mothe be torn a part. Then beat her attackers to death with h's mother's liver and his shoe.

Spacespinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2013, 10:02:04 am »

Dwarves all threw a tantrum. I, in turn, threw one of my own and released a dragon in the fortress that I had captures several seasons ago.

Your move, drunken dwarf bastards of BoltedLightning.
Most people's relationship with Dwarf Fortress is akin to Stockholm Syndrome.

Brutalanusmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2013, 05:45:29 pm »

I've seen two goblin crossbow men and the two giant olms they were riding beat down on a injured fully armored dwarf. It is 29 pages on them beating on his head but is helmet deflected everything and he's still there. I cant save him because all my military dwarves died in the last seige except him. As an added bonus iv'e seen a goblin decapitate a baby right out of it's mothers arms.

InfinityOrNone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2013, 12:37:12 am »

I had a plains titan attack. I managed to wall my entrance off and save all my dwarfs in except my only miner (I was trying to make the ultimate HELLSING), who must have wanted to burn to death because he had all the time in the world to escape. Anyways, time passes and my dwarfs manage to create a working agrarian society as the world above is constantly set aflame. Things are going... well, better than anyone has a right to expect, until one day the ghost of my miner rises up. See, what with all the fire and burning and such, I'd neglected to memorialize him. And, with previous projects still underway, all my stockpiled stone was used to make statues. And my picks were all above ground.

At this point, I had two options: I could either take down the wall that kept the fire-breathing amber hellbeast outside and try and go for broke, or I could sit around and pray that either the ghost would stop being murderous or that it would avenge itself.

And that, my friends, is the story of how one ghost slaughtered 113 dwarves.

Note: I admit, after the 8th or so death, I simply stopped interfering because the carnage amused me.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 12:46:35 am by InfinityOrNone »

Grey Goo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Metallic
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2013, 01:16:01 am »

Not brutal, violent or disgusting, but more like amusing. I was just overseeing dwarves building theirs village, until suddenly lots of objects appears nowhere. Body parts to be exact. Muskox tooths, lots of them. My hunter was hunting. As I examined that muskox only to notice his tooth was greyed out. So, yeah, my hunter was able to some serious dental care only with one bolt. To make this more amusing I am just today seeing even more some tooths on a ground, from dingo to be exact. Guess having legendary markdwarf/archer just is...

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2013, 01:46:34 am »

I wasn't involved myself, but while looking through legends mode I saw a goblin who's head had been ripped by a crocodile and lived.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2013, 07:23:13 am »

And my picks were all above ground.
Couldn't you make any more?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Drazinononda

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm really too normal to play this game so much.`
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2013, 11:58:29 am »

How's he supposed to dig for ore?
Children you rescue shouldn't behave like rabid beasts.  I guess your regular companions shouldn't act like rabid beasts either.
I think that's a little more impossible than I'm likely to have time for.

InfinityOrNone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2013, 02:56:54 pm »

How's he supposed to dig for ore?

When mining out the fort, he could've accidentaly hit a vein and has ore lying around?

Clay layers. The "fort" part of the fort was on a pair of loamy and sandy clay, while across the map I has a large scale mining operation going.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2013, 05:43:36 pm »

I used to have a penchant for mutilating prisoners of war, then releasing them.

Always just one, though.

I can't count how many times I've sent back only one lone goblin from a siege force of 50+, missing his legs and arms.

I'm trying to imagine how they make it back.  Do they just sort of undulate, or use their tongues like the Head-Thing in "The Thing"?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 05:47:27 pm by Nyxalinth »
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

KingBacon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2013, 05:49:17 pm »

They can hop or roll man. ROLL TO FREEDOM!
    e    e   e    U   U     
, , , . , , , , , , , ; , , , , , ; , , , , , 
. . . . . . . e U e   . . 0╬0 
###x##############
###x .  . ☼ ☼####£####
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Drazinononda

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm really too normal to play this game so much.`
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2013, 12:43:53 am »

Nick Vujicic has no problem with it. Then again he's had a lifetime to practice.
Children you rescue shouldn't behave like rabid beasts.  I guess your regular companions shouldn't act like rabid beasts either.
I think that's a little more impossible than I'm likely to have time for.

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2013, 01:57:59 am »

Nick Vujicic has no problem with it. Then again he's had a lifetime to practice.

I'm not entirely sure I ever expected to find something that made me speechless for five or ten minutes on Bay 12.  Well, not for good reasons.  Thanks for the link.

Spacespinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2013, 03:54:02 am »

I'm not entirely sure I ever expected to find something that made me speechless for five or ten minutes on Bay 12.  Well, not for good reasons.  Thanks for the link.

Quote from: expwnent on June 18, 2013, 10:38:07 pm
"I think that's a little more impossible than I'm likely to have time for."
Most people's relationship with Dwarf Fortress is akin to Stockholm Syndrome.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5