Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1499 1500 [1501] 1502 1503 ... 2349

Author Topic: Twilight Academy - School Thread - Orientation Day!  (Read 1242902 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Twilight Academy - School Thread - Orientation Day!
« Reply #22500 on: September 08, 2013, 11:23:47 pm »

((About research: is there any way to further offset the -50 thing to other magic?))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22501 on: September 08, 2013, 11:24:17 pm »

Can you try? If you want, I can teach you to make yourself faster and stronger...

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #22502 on: September 08, 2013, 11:25:45 pm »

"ooooh... Haev hyoo been heeveen seeks weet Angy?
"N-no!"
She blushes furiously.

She looks around. "Hwee teenk Angy hweeshees eet be deefreent." She giggles. "Hyoo Shood. Angy ees soopeemeex." She shakes her head. "eenweey. Nee heelp Angy."
I-I'm dead, so I-I really c-couldn't. Anywayssss we n-need to focusss on h-helping Angerus.
((Bolded word needs translation because its late.))

((It could be either soup mix or super max or something. Anyway.))

"Hweel, hwee could feex daet..." She taps her lips. "Hoo dee yee faeel 'beet zeembs? neewee, hyees. Angy. Hweer ees hae?"
"I-I was unwritten f-from reality ssssso I'm n-not sssssure how t-that would work. A-anywayssss we are in Angerus'sssss m-mind. We have b-been traveling t-th-through his memoriesssss to f-find a way t-to unbreak him."

She blinks. "hmmm... Hwee meet heeve een eeda." She nods. "Leeter. Neew... hemm... hweer whood Angy bee... Haew deed angy geet breeked?"
"A-after waking up from the posssst-missssion sssleep A-angerus noticed Medea f-faint. H-he was concerned about h-her ssssafety and recalled a conversssation i-in which Issssaac h-had mentioned ssssomething about her h-hair. He t-tr-tried to wake her up by ssssstroking it b-but it turnssssssss out t-that turnsssssss her on. H-he wasssss mobbed by thossssse wh-who already knew thisssss and b-becausssse of hisss ssssstubornessssss he d-didn't let g-go until he wassss told what h-he wassss doing. Thissssss russssh of embarresssssment b-brought back memoriesssss of me. T-then he remembered I wasssss d-dead. Thisssssss broke h-him and he went into a c-ca-catatonic ssssstate."

"Hwee sheed geew tew hees haepeest meemrae ooff yew."
"I c-can't really control w-which memoriessss are brought up. I-I'm jussst a mental con-consssstruct created by h-hissssss mind."

"Hookee. Hwee'll doo eet. Hwee're neet veeree geed eet ewwsaeng hour see-kick steef. Dees meet haert." She screws up her eyes, and a feeling like a massive fucking earthquake rocks around them as she psychically 'nudges' his mind in the direction of his happiest memory with the snake-girl with all the grace and subtlety of a runaway freight train.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #22503 on: September 08, 2013, 11:26:15 pm »

"I must warn you. You might pass out the first time you try."
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22504 on: September 08, 2013, 11:26:54 pm »

I still want to!

((Rag, how do we do teaching rolls?))

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22505 on: September 08, 2013, 11:28:50 pm »

"Let us get started, then."

((I am curious of this as well.))

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #22506 on: September 08, 2013, 11:29:37 pm »

I still want to!

((Rag, how do we do teaching rolls?))

((Teacher rolls, add half of that roll to the student's roll as a circumstance bonus. Difficulty 80, with a -50 modifier because it's not your power. If you critfail (result <40 or a nat 1) you pass the fuck out and get no stat bonus. Otherwise as normal, success means you successfully do whatever you happen to be trying, keep track of how many successes you have. Get to 20 and you lose the -50.
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22507 on: September 08, 2013, 11:31:40 pm »

((What modifiers? And get what to 20?))

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22508 on: September 08, 2013, 11:32:14 pm »

((Alright Gamer, doing a MAG roll -50. He means if you succeed 20 times, you don't have -50 anymore.))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22509 on: September 08, 2013, 11:33:03 pm »

((Succeed learning 20 times or pull off the magic 20 times?))

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22510 on: September 08, 2013, 11:33:48 pm »

((Pulling off the magic. Should be fairly easy due to Isaac being a badass :P))

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #22511 on: September 08, 2013, 11:33:56 pm »

"N-no!"
She blushes furiously.

She looks around. "Hwee teenk Angy hweeshees eet be deefreent." She giggles. "Hyoo Shood. Angy ees soopeemeex." She shakes her head. "eenweey. Nee heelp Angy."
I-I'm dead, so I-I really c-couldn't. Anywayssss we n-need to focusss on h-helping Angerus.

"Hweel, hwee could feex daet..." She taps her lips. "Hoo dee yee faeel 'beet zeembs? neewee, hyees. Angy. Hweer ees hae?"
"I-I was unwritten f-from reality ssssso I'm n-not sssssure how t-that would work. A-anywayssss we are in Angerus'sssss m-mind. We have b-been traveling t-th-through his memoriesssss to f-find a way t-to unbreak him."

She blinks. "hmmm... Hwee meet heeve een eeda." She nods. "Leeter. Neew... hemm... hweer whood Angy bee... Haew deed angy geet breeked?"
"A-after waking up from the posssst-missssion sssleep A-angerus noticed Medea f-faint. H-he was concerned about h-her ssssafety and recalled a conversssation i-in which Issssaac h-had mentioned ssssomething about her h-hair. He t-tr-tried to wake her up by ssssstroking it b-but it turnssssssss out t-that turnsssssss her on. H-he wasssss mobbed by thossssse wh-who already knew thisssss and b-becausssse of hisss ssssstubornessssss he d-didn't let g-go until he wassss told what h-he wassss doing. Thissssss russssh of embarresssssment b-brought back memoriesssss of me. T-then he remembered I wasssss d-dead. Thisssssss broke h-him and he went into a c-ca-catatonic ssssstate."

"I c-can't really control w-which memoriessss are brought up. I-I'm jussst a mental con-consssstruct created by h-hissssss mind."

"Hookee. Hwee'll doo eet. Hwee're neet veeree geed eet ewwsaeng hour see-kick steef. Dees meet haert." She screws up her eyes, and a feeling like a massive fucking earthquake rocks around them as she psychically 'nudges' his mind in the direction of his happiest memory with the snake-girl with all the grace and subtlety of a runaway freight train.
The world seems to shake as the plain of images disappears and the infirmary room appears again. This time it seems to be morning and Angerus is still praying by the bedside. Ke stirs a tiny bit.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22512 on: September 08, 2013, 11:34:19 pm »

((Excellent.))

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22513 on: September 08, 2013, 11:35:17 pm »

((So give me what you do for a MAG roll-50))

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #22514 on: September 08, 2013, 11:35:43 pm »

((What modifiers? And get what to 20?))

((... what? <___< It's simple.

roll 1d100+MAG for the teacher.

Then 1d100+MAG+[teacher's roll/2 (round down)]-50 for the student, DC 80.

If you succeed, add 1 to a pool. If you crit, you add 3 instead.

If you fail, add nothing. If you critfail, you pass out until the next morning and can't use magic for a day after that.))

"N-no!"
She blushes furiously.

The world seems to shake as the plain of images disappears and the infirmary room appears again. This time it seems to be morning and Angerus is still praying by the bedside. Ke stirs a tiny bit.

Cultist approaches him. "Angy?"
Pages: 1 ... 1499 1500 [1501] 1502 1503 ... 2349