Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 451 452 [453] 454 455 ... 2349

Author Topic: Twilight Academy - School Thread - Orientation Day!  (Read 1243857 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Twilight Academy - School Thread - Orientation Day!
« Reply #6780 on: August 10, 2013, 09:21:51 pm »

"You look like a dork."

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6781 on: August 10, 2013, 09:23:33 pm »

"I'm a cat. I look snazzy."
The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6782 on: August 10, 2013, 10:23:33 pm »

"How about... these throwing knives?"
"Um..." Angel is pretty good with them, considering that she's never touched a throwing knife in her life, although not nearly as talented as with the sword. She stops trying after she almost impales Selina with an over-enthusiastic throw.

"...I wonder if I could work my magic into this somehow."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6783 on: August 10, 2013, 10:27:36 pm »

After recovering from the earlier bouts of laughter, Alex goes looking for stuff.
For armour, a suit of mesh armour reinforced with a solid breastplate, greaves and vambraces (with a built-in set of claws), enchanted for light weight and silence. Covering it, a large and lightly-armoured hooded cloak with a chameleon enchantment. Also a buckler and a light helmet with a blank white mask enchanted to not impair vision. For weapons, a hand crossbow and bolts, a short spear, short sword and a couple of daggers.
Plus an armour bracelet for emergencies.

"A... a Warg... m-m-maybe...?" Selina isn't sure she could even fight a normal wolf, let alone a warg, but she wants to sound like shes contributing.
"That would be nice. I would like a pet puppy to Improve."
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #6784 on: August 10, 2013, 10:51:30 pm »

Victoria grabs a set of armor similar to that of Fortuna's. She examines it.

None to be found.

Which is strange, considering the place has everything else.

Farah snorts at the guys holding swords. "Those are going to do fuck-all... There's a reason why no army uses them anymore."

"On the contrary, magic channels better through physical contact with a weapon like a sword than through indirect contact through, say, a bullet. So usually we use melee or straight magic, since mundane attacks don't tend to work."

Angel twists her wrist, and gets encased in a slightly oversized set of very heavy plate armor.
"How do I get this off? And where's lighter stuff?" Angel's voice is echoing in the helmet.

((Not how they work, the armor is light as a feather and shapes to your form.))
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #6785 on: August 10, 2013, 11:01:09 pm »

((Oh, Rag, did I roll to find that Broadsword correctly? I dunno what would be on it, enchantment-wise.))
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #6786 on: August 10, 2013, 11:06:25 pm »

((What'd you roll? I forget it was a page or so ago))
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6787 on: August 10, 2013, 11:11:35 pm »

"I don't get this place. Magic is the answer to every-fucking-thing, including situations where it isn't!"

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #6788 on: August 10, 2013, 11:16:11 pm »

((Database errors suck))
"So would that mean a mace channels better than a sword if contact is important?"
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6789 on: August 10, 2013, 11:21:36 pm »

Victoria grabs a set of weapons specified as follows:
Misdirection Knives
-Weighted throwing knives with a gap in the center. Single use enchantment on each of them which induces an electrical current through the rail-like blade halves to propel a dense metal. The railgun function is single use as it destroys the knife in the process and is quite inaccurate. It activates when a certain amount of time passes after it's trigger button is depressed.

Anti-Material PDW
-A cut-down PDW that resembles a heavily modified M82. It's bullets are similar to Raufoss Mk 211 rounds but are of significantly lower caliber. It comes with a magical silencer and is accurate in single shots though accuracy rapidly deteriorates for extended fire.
Victoria places the armor back and continues look for light armor.
-Skirmish Armor-
She finds a set of lightweight ballistic armor with thin, overlying titanium plates enchanted to make the user harder to see or hit. She then places a loose kevlar cloak over it.
((Is this loadout okay?))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6790 on: August 10, 2013, 11:25:28 pm »

Farah clicks the safety on an assault rifle on and off. It's a Welem-Garitz Semi-Automatic Assault Rifle, Model 19, more commonly known as the Wellgar Rifle. It was manufactured on the cheap by Welem-Garitz during the Ostako Emergency in 1986 so it could be supplied to Ostako rebels in the minimal amount of time, and has been used by guerrilla forces all over the globe. It's primary wood furniture, features a long barrel, an adjustable iron sights, and notable in that it is heavily modifiable: even the base parts can be taken apart and adjusted. Farah smirks, and says "It's no AK, but it'll do."

(I was bored, I doubted AK47s would exist in this universe, and worldbuilding is fun.)
(This cool? I didn't grab anything else.)

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6791 on: August 10, 2013, 11:38:18 pm »

"Breaking news: Magic school has magic as solution to problems. More at 11."
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6792 on: August 10, 2013, 11:40:50 pm »

"Breaking news: variety, despite what we said earlier, can go fuck itself. All problems are instantly solved with magic."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6793 on: August 10, 2013, 11:47:49 pm »

Victoria gestures towards her PDW, "Well isn't magic, mostly. Plus your rifle isn't either..."
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6794 on: August 10, 2013, 11:53:49 pm »

"Well, that's good, but I'm tired of some of these fuckers going on and on about their magic. 'I took down 10 armed guys with my magic! I am the bestester.' They don't get that if they forgot about their stupid powers for 10 seconds, they could try training themselves on normal terms and be a little more prepared if they aren't in a good position to use their unique motherfucking beautiful amazing powers and not get shot in the head and left to die in a fucking ditch"
Pages: 1 ... 451 452 [453] 454 455 ... 2349