Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 2349

Author Topic: Twilight Academy - School Thread - Orientation Day!  (Read 1242778 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Twilight Academy - School Thread - Orientation Day!
« Reply #5805 on: August 09, 2013, 12:16:18 pm »

Farah looks at said blood mage.

"What if the person you're fighting doesn't have any blood?"
That's when I use my blood. But it really doesn't matter; as I understand it, the blood itself is mostly symbolic.
"So, what do you do when you run out of blood? Symbolism doesn't really get you far. If you meet someone who truly believes you're a phony, you'll end up in a tight spot... but not a lot of people think that a gun is nonlethal. Guns are handy. They're not fucking fancy or cool like your bullshit, but you don't need them to be. They just need to do their job."
So silly. Want to know how I found out about what I can do? All you need to know is that it involved me against about ten guys with guns. I didn't even get scratched. Plus, if I run out of blood, I just use you lots. And the whole symbolism thing means that I can probably use whatever my foe has that functions like blood.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #5806 on: August 09, 2013, 12:18:22 pm »

"... I really don't know what to say to you. How do you manage to get lucky on the time it took me to realize the guy who I keep meeting is a god?"

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #5807 on: August 09, 2013, 12:18:51 pm »

"You know, one time this guy said to my boss that he could control the wind. My boss was not really a believer in magic. So when the guy tried to control the wind, nothing happened. My boss shot him in the head then threw him overboard. It's not the gun itself that makes it special. It's who's holding it that matters."

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #5808 on: August 09, 2013, 12:21:00 pm »

"What can I say, she likes my abs. A lot."
Isaac gestures towards his abdominal region.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5809 on: August 09, 2013, 12:22:25 pm »

"You know, one time this guy said to my boss that he could control the wind. My boss was not really a believer in magic. So when the guy tried to control the wind, nothing happened. My boss shot him in the head then threw him overboard. It's not the gun itself that makes it special. It's who's holding it that matters."
True. But if that person is bent over double clutching their crotch because of the agony emnating from it and the blood pouring from multiple wounds on it, there isn't much they can do.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5810 on: August 09, 2013, 12:23:31 pm »

"That's fascinating, but believe or disbelieve in magic as you will, it won't affect my abilities."
Moving out of the doorway, Alex walks to the hot tub and tests the water temperature.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5811 on: August 09, 2013, 12:24:29 pm »

"You guys don't get the point of the story. You wouldn't be able to do anything. How would you feel, to learn that you've suddenly become absolutely normal... when someone's pointing a gun your head? Fuck your powers. They won't do shit in the wrong place at the wrong time. Use a gun. Unless something's gone seriously bad, it'll work most times."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5812 on: August 09, 2013, 12:25:48 pm »

Alex, would you be able to make a living weapon?

"You guys don't get the point of the story. You wouldn't be able to do anything. How would you feel, to learn that you've suddenly become absolutely normal... when someone's pointing a gun your head? Fuck your powers. They won't do shit in the wrong place at the wrong time. Use a gun. Unless something's gone seriously bad, it'll work most times."
What if reality has broken down? What if the rules of the universe have dissolved? Our power will still work, as it bypasses those rules.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #5813 on: August 09, 2013, 12:26:25 pm »

"I have six inches."
Kyle motions to his crotch.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5814 on: August 09, 2013, 12:27:44 pm »

"You don't know what my powers are. Even if I stopped being able to further use them, I would still not be normal by any standard human sense. Besides, what happens when your gun runs out of ammunition, or jams, or attracts attention you don't want? I prefer a more subtle approach to problem solving, usually."

Alex, would you be able to make a living weapon?
"The better question would be, have I?"

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5815 on: August 09, 2013, 12:28:07 pm »

What if reality has broken down? What if the rules of the universe have dissolved? Our power will still work, as it bypasses those rules.
"Have you ever been in a place where reality is broken down?"

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5816 on: August 09, 2013, 12:28:53 pm »

"... Here?"

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5817 on: August 09, 2013, 12:29:33 pm »

"This place? This is normal. I've been to places where reality has broken down. It is nothing like this."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5818 on: August 09, 2013, 12:29:51 pm »

Actually it wouldn't. You see, I'd like a sword that lives and drinks the blood shed by those it strikes down. Because that would be both practical and fucking awesome.

"Have you ever been in a place where reality is broken down?"

Girl, I met Death earlier today after I tried to rob his private library. This entire place disobeys the natural order of reality.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #5819 on: August 09, 2013, 12:30:20 pm »

"Seven. Though this feel weird talking about this."
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!
Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 2349