Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 2349

Author Topic: Twilight Academy - School Thread - Orientation Day!  (Read 1243649 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Twilight Academy - School Thread - Orientation Day!
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2013, 03:35:10 pm »

Aaron looks to one of his fellow teachers, arms folded. "Are the kids always going to be like... That?" He says, gesturing a hand in the general direction of the biology freaks.
Well, I for one think it's great that our students have such an interest in biology. Kids these days could use more of an appreciation for the sciences.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2013, 03:38:35 pm »

Mr. Johnson sigh and shakes his head.
"You know, sometimes I feel like my kid has no reason to avoid social interaction with kids his own age. Now is not one of those times."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2013, 03:39:19 pm »

The admission to cannibalism seemed to have no effect on Victoria at all. She didn't even react that much to the statement.
"Okay, in that case I'll just carry a few spices with me to save you some trouble~"
"Speaking of which, wasn't there a serial killer with similar preferences?"

Ricardo joins in on the conversation.
"With that amount of interest in biology, they'd probably make excellent healers, assuming that they know what the fuck they're doing of course."
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 02:30:36 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2013, 03:49:26 pm »

The admission to cannibalism seemed to have no effect on Victoria at all. She didn't even react that much to the statement.
"Okay, in that case I'll just carry a few spices with me to save you some trouble~"
"Speaking of which, wasn't there a serial killer with similar preferences?"
"Yep, I'm her daughter." She says in the tone of voice of a child that embarrassed by their parents.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2013, 03:52:09 pm »

"I don't think they're actually talking about biology. I don't even think they know the first thing about healing to begin with."

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2013, 03:56:33 pm »

Ah, biology isn't about healing! It's about the study of life, and its use in aiding your goals! If you want to learn healing, take chemistry. If you want to force yourself to be healed, take biology!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2013, 03:58:57 pm »

"Wow, that would've been an interesting childhood. She teaches here now, doesn't she?"

"Well they were talking about bodily modification, so I'd assume that at least some of them are capable of that. Healing can be derived from bodily modification to seal up wounds and the like so as long as they learn to precisely use their powers, they'll have great potential as surgeons. Either that or they don't have any modification powers and are just a bunch of batshit fucking insane jackasses."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2013, 04:01:42 pm »

"Healing is more causing the cells in ones body to multiply more rapidly to speed healing. At least that's what my wife tells me."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2013, 04:11:15 pm »

"I am able to individually control EACH AND EVERY ONE OF MY CELLS position, shape, function, and properties! NATURAL SELECTION ACCELERATED. My DNA is mine to alter as I SEE FIT, AND I DO! See fit! Multiple times! I have neurons in my BONES!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2013, 04:14:39 pm »

"Yes, there is much more to it than that. But at the end of the day, if someone can indefinitely seal wounds, both internal and external by warping flesh or manually maintain a heart's pumping, they can be very valuable assets to a medical institution."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2013, 04:15:28 pm »

"I am able to individually control EACH AND EVERY ONE OF MY CELLS position, shape, function, and properties! NATURAL SELECTION ACCELERATED. My DNA is mine to alter as I SEE FIT, AND I DO! See fit! Multiple times! I have neurons in my BONES!
Angel twitches as she hears this. She puts her feet on top of the stool and holds her knees to her chest, hoping this starts soon...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2013, 04:24:14 pm »

"Wow, that would've been an interesting childhood. She teaches here now, doesn't she?"
"Yes, she over there." she wave her hand in a vague direction
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2013, 05:26:10 pm »

Alex follows the "Incredibly Attractive Woman" to the auditorium, studying her (and the others following her) curiously along the way.
"So, you like Improvements?"
When they reach the auditorium, Alex takes a seat.

"... Excuse me?"

Kyle raises a finger and almost whispers out,
"My n-name is p-p-pronounced Kyle."

She speaks again, a purring sort of amusement in her voice. "mm... but that is what I said, is it not, Ky-lee?" Her eyes seem to almost smolder as she looks at him, impossibly alluring. Then something that appears to be a large key smacks her in the back of the head.

"Vanessa, stop trying to seduce the freshmen!" Fortuna frowns at her, crossing her arms as the key returns to her and vanishes again. "We have few enough of them without you eating their magic."

Vanessa frowns, shaking her head. "Like I would actually get with them. Just a bit of harmless fun. We're not all psycho about that like you, Fortuna."

Fortuna winces as if physically struck, glancing away and sitting back down.

"Hey, Kate, why would you want our corpses anyway?"

"Fortuna, I forgot to ask earlier, but, how are the dormitories organized?"

After the little... display between Fortuna and Vanessa, Fort turns to her and nods a bit. "Right... I think they'll explain it in just a moment, but dorms are arranged by team, and then by gender. So you all would be alpha-B and alpha-G... as well as your room numbers, which are assigned to you based on the information included on your application."
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2013, 05:33:20 pm »

Kyle just sits down as far away from Vanessa as is polite.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2013, 05:34:38 pm »

Soran heads for what appears to be the door everyone will be leaving through, and waits near it for the orientation to finish.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 2349