Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Corrupted download using Chrome and IE  (Read 1284 times)

nuget102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Corrupted download using Chrome and IE
« on: July 22, 2013, 07:48:05 pm »

I seem to be having a problem with the download. Every time I try to extract the archive file I get some sort of error (usually involving trees.png in the stonesense file but also other files)

I have tried redownloading, using different browsers (I am open to suggestions for more browsers as I have only Chrome and IE at the moment), tried extracting using different program other than 7zip and still always corrupted. I also seem to have the misfortune of missing some files (I only have the Dwarf Fortress folder) from my understanding there should be two other folders (or files is it? I dunno) I have tried "extract here" and "extract to" and any other way of extracting I could find to no avail.

I just keep getting the damn corrupt file error. Any help what so ever (no matter how technical it gets, i'm decent enough with computers to know my way around advanced settings and what I don't know google and my brother will surely help me figure out) so if there's some settings in chrome or whatever that I have to change to get this stupid file to download then I am happy to do that. This isn't the first time this has happened, it seems to happen with any largeish file that I must download... I usually just use an alternate link but there is none for this mod, which is fine, i'm sure i'll get the file eventually.

Sorry to bother you guys about this silly problem, i'm going to continue trying to find a solution.

Edit: I would like to add I have tried deleting my download history, cache, and all other history.

Edit 2: So I was about to update this and say firefox didn't work either but.. it looks like i'll be able to enjoy the joys of this mod! ^^ (finally) Sorry about this thread being here.... :x Perhaps someone that encounters this problem will realize they should use all web browsers possible.... :P
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 08:22:56 am by nuget102 »
The fort where filth melts your skin! (updated 4/9/15)

Curiosity killed the cat.
Satisfaction brought it back.

Dwarf Kitty

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeking owner to adopt
    • View Profile
Re: Corrupted download using Chrome and IE
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 04:53:08 am »

Have you tried a different archive extractor?   ;)

The file's probably fine.  Some extractors choke on the rar file for some reason.  I had the same problem until I figured this out.

I've had success with Free RAR Extract Frog
Menaces with swipes of claw.
Meows with rumbles of purr.

A cute fluffy little creature fond of idle games, DF, and writing.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 05:01:51 am »

And now you have to do it all over again...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 07:13:03 am »

And when you do it again (and again, and again as updates come out),
It's a serious time-saver to remember to copy/paste the SoundSense files before deleting the old ones.  Someday, I hope to remember that.
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

nuget102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 01:38:06 pm »

Wait what now you guys got me lost... o.o I'll download an alternate archive extractor and see if that helps when this problem arises in the future. But I never delete my soundsense files, I use vanilla Dwarf Fortress too, and I have soundsense for that one so I always have the soundsense files. c:

And Meph, is it going to be a while before the next update or should I go ahead and download the most recent update tonight? :P

Gameboy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 01:12:27 pm »

Hello everyone!

I have similar problems with corrupted downloads, the download also breaks up at 42 to 45 mb saying download complete, the rest of the file is missing.
I already downloaded it 20 or more times, everytime I only have a file on my desktop which is 42-45 mb big instead of 52.27.

Are there any other sites or links from where I can download this mod?

nuget102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2013, 04:44:30 pm »

Hello everyone!

I have similar problems with corrupted downloads, the download also breaks up at 42 to 45 mb saying download complete, the rest of the file is missing.
I already downloaded it 20 or more times, everytime I only have a file on my desktop which is 42-45 mb big instead of 52.27.

Are there any other sites or links from where I can download this mod?

This is the problem I was having. Have you tried different browsers? Maybe with Meph's permission someone could upload the file to a file sharing site for an alternate link...?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2013, 09:18:13 pm »

I prefer to have it on the DFFD, but if people really have problems I can upload the next update to mediafire as a backup.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

nuget102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2013, 10:37:45 pm »

I prefer to have it on the DFFD, but if people really have problems I can upload the next update to mediafire as a backup.

I have the problem of not knowing if it's DFFD or just my internet being stupid... The internet in this area is notorious for not being reliable....

Gameboy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2013, 04:25:17 am »

Now I have tried it with chrome and firefox again and I got the same problem. I´ve never got such a problem before.

Uploading it on another filehoster would be great.

Edit: I got the same problem with the new version, too.

Edit 2: It finally worked  :D, I downloaded the new Version using google chrome!

Now I can test this awesome mod, thank you for your help anyways.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 12:39:28 pm by Gameboy »