Advanced search  

Poll

Who should open the Gaiden Thread?

Gamerlord
Projeck
RangerCado
You, you lazy bastard of a GM!

Pages: 1 ... 494 495 [496] 497 498 ... 508

Author Topic: Twilight Academy - A Magical School RP  (Read 444535 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Twilight Academy - A Magical School RP
« Reply #7425 on: September 08, 2013, 07:46:36 pm »

Gods are immortal.. but I think they can be rid of their physical form.
Nothing is immortal save the nothingness that comes at the end of time.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #7426 on: September 08, 2013, 07:49:50 pm »

...I have a sudden urge to dissect this statement into Every Reason People Don't Like You. :I

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7427 on: September 08, 2013, 07:50:37 pm »

...I have a sudden urge to dissect this statement into Every Reason People Don't Like You. :I
Eh, I just meant that EVERYTHING can die. If something cannot die, then it cannot be alive.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #7428 on: September 08, 2013, 07:53:09 pm »

As long as the gods are worshiped, then they are alive. If their worshipers stop in the entirety, then the gods die out.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7429 on: September 08, 2013, 07:53:52 pm »

Well, if anyone wants to play Dota 2, my steam name is in my sig in about 1 minute, and i'll wait around for 5-10 minutes before going into some games. CIAO!
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #7430 on: September 08, 2013, 07:54:06 pm »

This is true. However, the question you're effectively asking is 'Can it be killed?' which is slightly different. Just want to make that clear.
As long as the gods are worshiped, then they are alive. If their worshipers stop in the entirety, then the gods die out.
And there you go.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7431 on: September 08, 2013, 07:55:03 pm »

Wonder if I can disrupt that flow of power or 'life'. Might even be able to pump it into Vornar instead of the gods, hijacking their worshippers...

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #7432 on: September 08, 2013, 07:55:20 pm »

Well, if anyone wants to play Dota 2, my steam name is in my sig in about 1 minute, and i'll wait around for 5-10 minutes before going into some games. CIAO!
NO DON'T LEAVE US

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7433 on: September 08, 2013, 07:55:41 pm »

Eh, I just meant that EVERYTHING can die. If something cannot die, then it cannot be alive.
False.
Kind of.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #7434 on: September 08, 2013, 07:56:27 pm »

False.
Kind of.

Gods/Avatars can die.

the concepts themselves cannot, until the multiverse itself comes to an end.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #7435 on: September 08, 2013, 07:57:19 pm »

Wonder if I can disrupt that flow of power or 'life'. Might even be able to pump it into Vornar instead of the gods, hijacking their worshippers...
Probably not. The gods would most likely disintegrate Vornar on any attempt do that.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7436 on: September 08, 2013, 07:58:15 pm »

False.
Kind of.

Gods/Avatars can die.

Excellent. Killing the gods and their avatars should prove enough to wipe out their worship, and then what do they matter?

Probably not. The gods would most likely disintegrate Vornar on any attempt do that.
We'll see. I wonder... is there a god of deicide?

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #7437 on: September 08, 2013, 08:08:57 pm »

False.
Kind of.

Gods/Avatars can die.

Excellent. Killing the gods and their avatars should prove enough to wipe out their worship, and then what do they matter?

We'll see. I wonder... is there a god of deicide?

You misunderstand me.

The gods can die, but because the concepts they represent are eternal, they will always come back. In this universe gods are worshipped because they are powerful, not powerful because they are worshipped. They draw their power from the energies of the universe itself.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7438 on: September 08, 2013, 08:09:40 pm »

Then those energies must be redirected or neutralised... There is always a way to deicide!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7439 on: September 08, 2013, 09:22:35 pm »

((I just realized.

Angerus just needs an Evoker and he could technically summon Ke.))
It works like that?
Neat.

I didn't know your baby wasn't a thing. Babies generally aren't nonexistent.
I had no idea Darnos had such a sense of humor.

Cultist blinks, head tilting a little as she hears... something. in her head. Screaming. Lotsa screaming. from Angyrene. Oh noes, that isn't good. She pulls herself out of the bath, shaking herself like a dog to get the water off before dashing out into the halls, making her way to Angerus' location.
Then she sees someone riding him, in her seat.
Now that just won't do. Angyrene is screamin' and someone is in her seat? CORRELATION IS CAUSATION.
"FOOR KAY-OSS!" She launches herself off the ground, hoisting the metallic ring from her back as she slams into the person riding Angyrene to knock her off and bear her to the ground, whoever the heck she is.
I notice that you never said Cultist-Chan got dressed. Was this intentional?

Selina grabs his wrist with one hand and looks at him, her face deathily serious.

"I can put you to sleep for a very long time if you'd like, or maybe just seal your power for a bit. You do not mess with our child, you got that?" Her eyes are all colors right now, her voice sounding like 6 at once.
Come On, Selina...show your spine...and your fist...and your ability to make Darnos regret various stupid actions...

((As a note, she did not dress herself when she came out of the bath.))
Answers my question.

((@Ragnarok: What will happen if Selina takes out a non-euclidean or impossible drawing?))
((You know what happens when you turn a bag of holding inside-out?
It's kinda like that.))
But the non-Euclidean stuff doesn't have an enchantment to disable...

Angerus just sits there.
"Angyreen... whee..." She grabs either side of his head, staring at his faceplate.
I may be accidentally channeling Elf, or more likely he's possessing me, but...KISS HIM! KISS HIM!

Again. SERIOUSLY FUCKED UP. It's a freaking programmed brainwashing routine in his brain! And his parents put it there!
Think of it as building in a psychiatrist who only uses amnesia as a cure because he's trying to help himself out.
Makes it somewhat less screwed up. Especially since it's not "brainwashing" so much as "directed amnesia". Which is "brainwashing" the same way your plan for vampires was "ethnic cleansing".

So they rewrote his mind... I think I may need to expand Vornar's list of things to deal with from just vamps to the Gods as well.
Your Vornar has now evolved into KratosUdil!
1. Crazy character who had no real reason to have conflict with my character? Check.
2. Turned a minor grievance with my character into a murderous crusade? Check.
3. Angry at the gods for perceived cruelty? Check.
4. Mary Sue character traits? Check.
Mark my words, Darnos will be next.

The only time Grey has come out during RP is when Medea said she loved Kyle as well, and whenever he was getting mind raped.
Um. The first time really isn't a 'last resort' scenario.
To elaborate your claims: "The first time something is needed really isn't a 'last resort' scenario."
Now, if it showed up when he discovered he couldn't take Advanced Cooking, or from a lack of chili, then you would have a point. But showing up twice in almost 1,500 pages isn't bad.

Stop your whining, it isn't that bad.
...I was joking for one and why must you use every opportunity to insult me?
And you say I start all the arguments.
Now now, don't exaggerate.
He blames some of them on me.
Especially the ones based on his behavior.

Now that I think of it, Vornar could easily become an Udil.
Nah. Not enough stupid grudges against people who helped him.

Yes.
but I cant D:
Details man! :P
I could, I guess, but I"m currently trying to keep up with TA and chatting with girlfriend and stuff, so I wouldn't be able to give it my full attention like I should.
ANyone else? My steam account name is goobo1_youtube
You sure? I couldn't find anyone by that name last time I looked. Or just now.

Gods are immortal.. but I think they can be rid of their physical form.
Spoiler: You are wrong: (click to show/hide)

Then those energies must be redirected or neutralised... There is always a way to deicide!
Not only would such manipulation be beyond all but and perhaps even the greatest mages of all time (let alone a random 8-year-old who recently rediscovered his magicalness), it would have consequences reaching far past destroying deities, even ignoring the direct consequences of destroying the concept of (say) lightning, the sea, or love.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 494 495 [496] 497 498 ... 508