Advanced search  

Poll

Who should open the Gaiden Thread?

Gamerlord
Projeck
RangerCado
You, you lazy bastard of a GM!

Pages: 1 ... 487 488 [489] 490 491 ... 508

Author Topic: Twilight Academy - A Magical School RP  (Read 444695 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Twilight Academy - A Magical School RP
« Reply #7320 on: September 08, 2013, 04:14:22 am »

I hope not. I really do. Personally, I'd be happy for people to make arguments against my characters and I'll be fine with it.
This applies to me.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #7321 on: September 08, 2013, 04:15:52 am »

Same here. Probably.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7322 on: September 08, 2013, 04:15:59 am »

Well, I'm going for a while.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7323 on: September 08, 2013, 04:37:22 am »

Well, I might as well start addressing character flaws with Victoria that I currently see and am trying to rectify, who knows? Maybe others may do similar critiques of their own characters. Maybe not. Either way, I might as well discuss the issues prevalent in her current state:
-She's relatively shallow: She hasn't really undergone much character development due to her amorphous mind, so she's roughly adhered to her standard framework, I do have a few triggers for her to show a some deviation, but none of them have gotten very close to being triggered. The one that came closest to being triggered would be for her to suppress her entire death drive and get really fucking pissed.
-Her name: She is named exactly the same as my first character (Victor Nox from Einstienian Roulette), though I suppose it's less of an issue since she doesn't even remotely resemble him in any manner other than name and that was mainly due to laziness. Plus her last name alludes to her nature and is the name 'Knox' with the K removed to make it into a latin word.
-Her unique trait: She can manifest her physical form to an unusually high resemblance to a human. Though I didn't actually intend to do this, @Ragnarok added it, presumably because when I gave Victoria her status as a Slayer, it didn't completely conform to the cosmology he had in mind, though admittedly I was unaware of it at the time.
-Resistance to pain and trauma: Honestly, I'm still mostly happy with this trait due to how ironically painful and traumatic it i for her to have this resistance, nevertheless, I do understand that it can be a bit annoying for having her impossible to break, albeit primarily because she already broken and fixed herself in advance.
-High age: I have no excuses for this, I simply gave her a high age because I prefer playing as characters who are at least in some regards a bit cynical or philosophical. There really isn't any more justification for it, aside for giving her some more maturity for some of the rare occasions where she acts her age.
-Extended Descriptions: Yeah, I get carried away with describing eldritch stuff and screwing around with the concept of logic and reality. Comparatively, there really isn't much for me to do when actually describing a character since there isn't that much to say. Though this is much more of an issue for Cyrielle in RotMG due to how more eldrtich her powers are.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 04:43:25 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #7324 on: September 08, 2013, 04:41:29 am »

I might as well address Medea's flaws.

-Somewhat shallow: I haven't really developed her despite what I'd intended.
-Somewhat derivative: She resembles several similar characters (Caster comes to mind) too much in looks and mannerisms. To be fair, this was unintentional.
-Resistance to mental trauma: I think. I mainly blame this on dice rolls.
-Lack of description: I really need to describe her more, as I haven't gotten the right balance between a good description and a lack of.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7325 on: September 08, 2013, 04:48:22 am »

Hm. Darnos then:
Unnessecarily douche: ... actually, that's his thing.
Shallow to the max: He has no purpose beyond fucking with everyone and I'm honestly not sure how to rectify this.
OP as fuck in combat: This is a result of having breaking stuff as his magic, and honestly I think we need a better combat system than freeform to fix this.
Backstory that will likely never be revealed: I have a short one but I'll never find a reason to tell it to anybody short of having THE RP with him.
Sig! Onol

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #7326 on: September 08, 2013, 04:50:25 am »

HOLYSHITSOMUCHRP.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7327 on: September 08, 2013, 04:51:34 am »

Indeed.
Sig! Onol

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7328 on: September 08, 2013, 04:53:14 am »

Oh right, I almost forgot:
-Overuse of Eldritch Justification: I didn't really want to give her a traumatic backstory since so many people already had them, so I justified many of her mannerisms as the results of her eldritch nature as well as her sense of philosophy and whatnot, however, I am concerned that I may be overusing that justification for her traits. Whilst I may be able to get away with those in relation to Selina since her actions in that regard are also partially dictated by the fact that the only reason why she isn't a yandere is that she crossed that threshold so far that she's looped back around, I'll need some other justification mechanisms added to explain the rest of interactions. It's a bit difficult due to her lack of remorse for her job and associated actions, so I can't use guilt or related concepts to explain it, nor do I wish to make her past overly traumatic.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 04:54:45 am by Empiricist »

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #7329 on: September 08, 2013, 04:54:14 am »

Can somebody sum up those eight pages please? please?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7330 on: September 08, 2013, 04:55:39 am »

People accused each others characters of being Mary Sues. We on the other had, decided to directly address issues with our own characters to avoid triggering conflict. Also, Immolating Hugs! ^__^

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #7331 on: September 08, 2013, 05:01:35 am »

Also, Immolating Hugs! ^__^
Whatwhere?!?!?! :DDD

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7332 on: September 08, 2013, 05:03:10 am »

Vornar and his friends hugged Selina. While Victoria was right next to her with her armor active in an attempt to dry her off after she dived into a river to avoid getting hugged. So Selina overreacted and panicked to getting hugged and then Vornar and his friends got set on fire accidentally by Victoria and THE had to extinguish them.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #7333 on: September 08, 2013, 05:04:05 am »

Vornar and his friends hugged Selina. While Victoria was right next to her with her armor active in an attempt to dry her off after she dived into a river to avoid getting hugged. So Selina overreacted and panicked to getting hugged and then Vornar and his friends got set on fire accidentally by Victoria and THE had to extinguish them.

That sounds adorable, in a Bay 12 kind of way.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7334 on: September 08, 2013, 05:07:45 am »

Yeah, it was rather amusing in hindsight.

But in my opinion, Ricardo has the largest flaw:
-FBI Watchlist: Seriously, every time he uses his ability to modify a substance I haven't depicted him using before, I have to search up the medication and find out its side effects and whether it could be used to create illicit substances. It's really fucking awkward doing that and thinking 'Well fuck, I'm probably listed as a potential/suspected drug dealer now'.
Pages: 1 ... 487 488 [489] 490 491 ... 508